SportsWrath

Team Lauletta

BlueInCanada

Not for nothing but Lauletta getting Garapolo comparisons is encouraging. Intangibles and leadership is necessary in the NFL. Ask any Charger how far you can get with a hot headed QB who throws tantrums on the field.

That why I kinda like the pick, this guy sounds like he has everything needed to be a starter mentally, just all depends on his lack of physical traits.

Like people have said here though, more than likely neither this guy or Webb is the starter after Eli, but Lauletta is kind of a suprising draft pick just in terms of how far he fell and that the Giants did take him.

If we're "winning now" and it seems like we are, then I don't understand this pick. We already have a developmental qb on the roster and as others have said, guys like Josh Sweat and Tyrell Crosby were still on the board. Poor arm strength is a big concern.

Yeah I just started looking up highlights too. He actually looks really accurate and at the senior bowl squeezed that ball into some pretty tight windows. Arm strength didn't look terrible either but Webb definitely has the stronger arm.

How's Jamarcus russel doing with all that arm strength? I don't know what else to read into Webb other then that he is not the guy nor will he ever be the guy

It says to me that Webb will be the number 2 all year and this kid will not dress for a single game

Neither of these 2 will be starters - we will picking out our future QB at #32 2 years from now.

a dream , but a nice thought indeed Ice ......... and if Eli is MVP of the Superbowl in Feb 2020 , he will carry on for a further 2 or 3 years after that too !

You can train arm strength.

To a point. And this guy looks like a candidate, he's pretty scrawny. I'd hesitate putting him on the field against NFL players as is. Needs a year in the weight room, at least.

I love his release though. Very quick. So long as he has enough arm strength to not float it when things break down, he's got enough arm.

I get the intrigue but the lack of arm strength is a deal killer in my book. Here's one scouting report I saw.....

Strengths

Heralded by scouts as team leader and elected team captain twice

Production saw major spike over the last two seasons

Uses eyes to move linebackers out of his passing lanes on slants and curls

Won't automatically dump throws down to backs

Willing to let route combinations progress while climbing and sliding away from heat

Has experience from shotgun, pistol and under center

Footwork is smooth in play-action and setup

Comfortable throwing on the move

Gets it out early on timing throws

Spins a tight spiral

Able to throw accurately to intermediate targets on the move

Weaknesses

Arm strength is a substantial concern

Uses excessive trajectory to get additional distance on deep throws

Pop fly throws allow safeties time to park under the long ball and make plays

Can't make all the NFL throws

Ball doesn't come off hand with much velocity

Will ignore safety movement and throw into double teams at times

Perception of pressure can affect him

Will drop eyes and start looking for an exit strategy

Feet start dancing nervously when his internal clock goes off

May not have the mobility to be effective scrambler on next level

Yep.....that takes away a good portion of the "long hand off" run game...and not looking off or ignoring safeties is not going to endear him to his receivers.

C. Wagon

The kid lit up the Senior Bowl. He has at least as much potential as Davis Webb, if not more.

That's a good problem to have... I'm on team Webb though... I can't believe fucking NJ.com predicted the rookie would back Eli and Webb will be 3rd on the depth chart.. fucktards.

Why do you think Lauletta has more potential? Webb lit up the Senior Bowl too, and he has elite measurables. What he lacked was (possibly) time on the field in college.

​I do like the Lauletta pick though.... I like Webb's potential, but we don't know what he is yet.

Why do you think Lauletta has more potential? Webb lit up the Senior Bowl too, and he has elite measurables. What he lacked was (possibly) time on the field in college.

​I do like the Lauletta pick though.... I like Webb's potential, but we don't know what he is yet.

I've seen more tape on Webb and think he's just meh. He's a bit slow to process what's going on around him and also not a winner like Lauletta.

Take it for what it's worth. My experience evaluating quarterbacks is limited to 15 years of playing Madden Franchise Mode and Fantasy Football :-).

That's a good problem to have... I'm on team Webb though... I can't believe fucking NJ.com predicted the rookie would back Eli and Webb will be 3rd on the depth chart.. fucktards.

That is because Webb is so last year. :laugh:

Really looking forward to seeing them both in action this preseason.

Were all under the spell of NY Jets QB draft syndrome. Few of us actually watch college football, but all believe that our latest x round QB draft pick 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart waiting in the wings was a steal that all other teams missed, and is surely the next Joe Montana; we just need to give him a shot.

I've seen more tape on Webb and think he's just meh. He's a bit slow to process what's going on around him and also not a winner like Lauletta.

Take it for what it's worth. My experience evaluating quarterbacks is limited to 15 years of playing Madden Franchise Mode and Fantasy Football :-).

That's more than me! I don't think you're wrong about his tape though.

The smart money says the next QB isn't on the roster yet. But I like both these guys. Webb, imo, has the potential to grow into something special, and Lauletta has the potential to grow into something good enough. I just think you need a QB with a significant arm to play in these home field conditions.