SportsWrath

Sunday night Giants vs. Eagles

Blindgreed1

why is DRC saying anything about superbowls? he doesn't have any and he played on philly for a couple of years

LOL, I was wondering the same thing.

My bad. Thought we were talking about professional athletes. My point is, let the other guys run their mouth. Then beat them down on the field. If you're good, you don't have to talk about it. Then the other guys look like impotent blow hards. You know... Because they blow. :laugh:

we are, but we don't know that its true that they handle pressure any better than the rest of us... personally, I've just always assumed that people wouldn't ascend to that level unless they are 'clutch'. But then again, every week, almost every game, you'll see an NFL player lose their shit out there. Even in the league, there are some guys whose heads can be had.

This is beginning to sound like it's going to be an ugly game with penalties and injuries. Exactly the sort that neither team can afford to play right now--we're just getting in sync, and Philly is still recovering from their Washington win. I love physical football, but this is starting to sound like it won't be clean football.

I hope I'm wrong, because leaving the door open for Dallas because these two teams crippled each other would make me sick.

This is beginning to sound like it's going to be an ugly game with penalties and injuries. Exactly the sort that neither team can afford to play right now--we're just getting in sync, and Philly is still recovering from their Washington win. I love physical football, but this is starting to sound like it won't be clean football.

I hope I'm wrong, because leaving the door open for Dallas because these two teams crippled each other would make me sick.

NFC East more often than not, beats the hell out of one another. You could probably say that about any division in football where there isn't a dominant team (like New England - to the Bills, Jets, Dolphins for the past decade).

Agreed.

I was thinking that. Between Rolle and JPP, I wish they'd simply shut up. I mean, I fully expect Philly to be fired up given it's a division game and we're rivals and all that....but I think being quiet, getting prepared, not talking, going in with confidence, letting Philly guess what you're thinking, taking the win...and then talking as much shit as you want after...is the way to go.

Now, if we win, it won't be a big deal and we'll move on. But if we lose, the bravado display before the loss could make the loss seem worse than it is....the crushed bravado could linger whereas if the bravado wasn't there, it might be easier to move on from a loss.

Always hated trash talking... always thought it's a distraction. Those who focus on the task at hand should have no time for anything else... I remember personally I was a shitty trash talker because it distracted the fuck out of me... putting my game face on included chewing on a bunch of sunflower seeds all at once... that made sure my mouth stayed shut and I always had good games it became a ritual.

This is exactly where I want Coughlin to put his foot down.... wtf, this is not a 1st amendment issue... stfu and play.

I don't mind person to person trash talk. The McCoy - Osi twitter war was funny. Good to keep a rivalry up. Talking about an entire team tho, that'll get you targeted. Your team becomes the Superbowl of the Season.

About the Antrel Rolle and JPP comments, The Eagles players to a man just said... "We'll see on Sunday".

When a team to man says the same exact thing... they are focused and the other team is in for an a** kicking. :laugh:

You must mean to a man except kelce. And to a man except the eagles organization who manufactured a video with Bradley cooper just to smack new york and made another to insult eli.

You must mean to a man except kelce. And to a man except the eagles organization who manufactured a video with Bradley cooper just to smack new york and made another to insult eli.

Sorry about that Pdub, but i'm pretty sure the BS went both ways on that one. You guys had some radio personality talkin huge smack as well. And sorry about Cruz. That really sucks.

Well, congrats Cut and BG--your team played well, and the Giants obviously have a lot of work to do. Was hoping that it would at least be a game. I suspect they thought they were only playing you guys in week 17, because they didn't show up this week.

I still hate your team, though.

Didn't get to watch the game but I listened to it via the Giants mobile app on my way home. Totally useless as it was dropping in and out the whole time which considering how badly the Giants were losing was a partial blessing. I knew the game was done done before the end of the second quarter and phone battery died just after hearing how Victor Cruz season was essentially over.

From this loss we go to Dallas and lets just see how it goes. Since I didn't watch the game I'm unable to tell you who to blame.

Didn't get to watch the game but I listened to it via the Giants mobile app on my way home. Totally useless as it was dropping in and out the whole time which considering how badly the Giants were losing was a partial blessing. I knew the game was done done before the end of the second quarter and phone battery died just after hearing how Victor Cruz season was essentially over.

From this loss we go to Dallas and lets just see how it goes. Since I didn't watch the game I'm unable to tell you who to blame.

Blame the eagles... God knows how many bottles of red bull tegu each downed before the game.