SportsWrath

Andre Williams...

Nas

he's everything we thought we were getting when we saw those highlight videos and draft write ups. hopefully jennings' injury isn't anything more than a sprained ACL cuz the two of them together are formidable as fuck

Dude is like a hybrid Jacobs-Bradshaw...Fights for yards (bradshaw) and can get that nice small yardage that Jacobs got once in awhile LOL

Exactly one thing we loved about Bradshaw was how tough as nails he was and it brings back memories of Jacobs when he wanted to flatten defenders.

Exactly one thing we loved about Bradshaw was how tough as nails he was and it brings back memories of Jacobs when he wanted to flatten defenders.

Oh yeah I missed Bradshaw, but Williams is perfectly fine with me!!

he's everything we thought we were getting when we saw those highlight videos and draft write ups. hopefully jennings' injury isn't anything more than a sprained ACL cuz the two of them together are formidable as fuck

Thunder and Thunder?

Williams looks a little quicker to the hole and my early impression is that he's a more instinctive runner than Jacobs, who ran into a lot of "walls". Williams seems more adept at finding that sliver of daylight and maxes out each carry.

Williams looks a little quicker to the hole and my early impression is that he's a more instinctive runner than Jacobs, who ran into a lot of "walls". Williams seems more adept at finding that sliver of daylight and maxes out each carry.

Agreed, he has that great lean forward on seemingly every carry to get that extra yard or two... All the good ones have that.

Dude is a beast. Always seems to fall forward for 2-3 extra yards.

I recall talking heads refer to this as the Eddie George effect. Read somewhere a long time ago that Eddie George had one of the lowest 'tackled for loss' stats among all running backs ever. Kinda the thing where he didn't always make 4 or 5 yards, but he rarely ever lost 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why everyone is so high on this kid. I mean, he's broken a couple but geez, it always looks like he's getting stuffed at the line. Like, every time damn near.

If you noticed, I wasn't... ;)

He's a good back to get 4-6 touches but Rashad Jennings is the guy we need to get the lion's share. Give Williams a couple years and I think he will develop a bit and become a more well rounded and polished back but rushing headlong into 3 defenders will only get you a yard or two. And it's not all on him, either. I thought the mix of run and pass really doomed us in this game. Dallas didn't fear the pass because they knew we were coming out and running the ball on first and often on second down, as well. And when you're faced with 3rd and long consistently, they could tee off on receivers.

On the offensive side of the ball, I think execution was a far bigger problem than play calling. Penalties, fumbles, poor blocking... pretty sure none of those things are in the playbook.

I think if you want to get on a coach, get on Fewell. I don't understand trying to get home with only three pass rushers. And once it became apparent that the Giants were constantly dropping 8 in coverage, Romo got real comfortable back there and starting teeing off.

The last two games I've seen open cut back lanes that Andre just isn't seeing. He runs right into the designed running lane whether it is plugged or not. The best RB's can see the play develop and find a hole when the initial play design isn't there.