SportsWrath

Will Beatty

JMFP

I'm not going to pretend that it changed the game, but Peters was getting away with murder while JPP was on his side of the field, but then they call that on Beatty?!? And to add injury to insult, Cruz is probably healthy today if the ref doesn't blow that call on the play before. Whoever threw that flag, I hope that fucker loses his job and his wife cheats on him with a farm animal.

I just can't get over how bad Pugh was last night, he made Barwin look like a hall of famer.

Really glad I didn't watch most of this game.

This is another reason why the NFL is inferior to the NHL.....the rules vest too much power in the hands of officials.

They're pretty useless.

They had Schwarz rated as one of the highest guards in preseason, and well... we all saw him play.

In contrast Walton was rated as the worst center in football all of last year.

He's probably the only consistent player on the line for the Giants.

that's weird. you would think someone who played 4 games in 2 years would get a better score

It's weird that PFF doesnt factor missed games/non starts into player grades.

And he was ranked the worst center in football during his starting years in 2010, 2011

Like I said, goes to show the PFF grades don't tell the whole story.

Beatty has put together a Pro Bowl caliber season. Last night he was pretty good, not dominant, however. But because he was not very good last year, that shouldn't reflect in the opinion of his play this year, which has been terrific. The pressure was coming off of Pugh and to a lesser extent, Jerry. Unfortunately, some are still understandably sour on him because he got a big contract and then stunk it up. But I'll take late over never.

Beatty has put together a Pro Bowl caliber season. Last night he was pretty good, not dominant, however. But because he was not very good last year, that shouldn't reflect in the opinion of his play this year, which has been terrific. The pressure was coming off of Pugh and to a lesser extent, Jerry. Unfortunately, some are still understandably sour on him because he got a big contract and then stunk it up. But I'll take late over never.

And that was a chincy hold that really looked like a pancake block to me. And it took points off the board which sucks.

a one armed pancake block.... his right arm was free, and his left hand was in the middle of Cole's chest, wasn't even grabbing jersey. No idea how the ref saw a flag there. There's holding on every play, drives me nuts when they call it where there's nothing. (Maybe they just called the wrong number.)

Indeed, Beatty has been good this season.

I don't expect much from Jerry, but Pugh played like he didn't want to be hit. I'm hoping he's hurt or sick or something, because otherwise we have a problem on the right side.

I

In contrast Walton was rated as the worst center in football all of last year.

He's probably the only consistent player on the line for the Giants.

I'm willing to give the OL a pass.. they're still "gelling" if you will. And Justin Pugh just had an off day that's for sure.

To get rid of the ball quickly, there has to be somebody open on the other end to catch it. Every time they showed the receiver/DB isolated replays, our guys were blanketed. I'm sure they've drilled into Eli this year, better a sack than an INT. Meanwhile, our OL was getting manhandled. When the five guys up front and the receivers are all losing their one on one battles, the guy holding the ball - the QB - is in trouble.....and gameplans become meaningless.

I doubt they've told Eli, "Hey, if no one's open just scamper around until the you get sacked.".

This is supposed to be a offense of quick drops and timing passes. It was like they picked up Gilly's old playbook by mistake.

I doubt they've told Eli, "Hey, if no one's open just scamper around until the you get sacked.".

This is supposed to be a offense of quick drops and timing passes. It was like they picked up Gilly's old playbook by mistake.

can't say I told you so because I never mentioned it, I didn't want to jinx it, but in weeks 4 and 5 Eli was also holding the ball longer. And he was holding it longer each time out too. It just wasn't exposed because the pass protection was there. I think the Eagles saw that and understood that if they played press coverage and consistently rushed five that Eli's timing would be thrown off.

The offense is still a work in progress. We really shouldn't be surprised. Needs to get better fast though, because the toughest part of the schedule is coming up.

Eli really should have taken some more chances and let his WRs make plays. Still, if he did, we'd probably commenting today about how he threw too many picks and was careless with the ball. 2 or 3 would have certainly careened off a WR's hands into the waiting arms of some Philly linebacker.

Not going to pin that one on Eli... he barely had time to do anything... yes on a few occasions he might've held the ball a little too long... but there was no alternative... he was rattled and that falls squarely on the OL...

On the defensive side of the ball our Guys played timid... they should've matched the Eagles' intesity.. but of course in typal JPP fashion, they folded... JPP needs to show up every weekend...

Not going to pin that one on Eli... he barely had time to do anything... yes on a few occasions he might've held the ball a little too long... but there was no alternative... he was rattled and that falls squarely on the OL...

On the defensive side of the ball our Guys played timid... they should've matched the Eagles' intesity.. but of course in typal JPP fashion, they folded... JPP needs to show up every weekend...

Yeah, I don't mean to pin it on Eli, either. Just thinking that with a guy like Odell, you gotta take some chances down the field, pressure or not. Also, I don't think his pocket presence was where he would have liked it, either. Several of those sacks involved Eli moving the pocket INTO pressure.

Actually there were two; throw the damn ball away or throw it at the downfield receiver and try for a PI call. The alternative was NOT to hold the ball for 4-5 seconds knowing full well your line wasn't holding up. You can't use "rattled" as an excuse either. He's not some rookie, he's a two-time Superbowl MVP and was for a time the highest paid QB in the league. He can't get "rattled" when things aren't perfect. He's paid to be better than that.

It was such a bad call and 2 plays later Cruz blows his knee out, just a shitty line of circumstance.

I will say the game was lost when Williams trucked Jenkins to make it 3rd and 1 and we threw the ball out of shotgun with no backs. I thought Gilbride was back for a second.

Actually there were two; throw the damn ball away or throw it at the downfield receiver and try for a PI call. The alternative was NOT to hold the ball for 4-5 seconds knowing full well your line wasn't holding up. You can't use "rattled" as an excuse either. He's not some rookie, he's a two-time Superbowl MVP and was for a time the highest paid QB in the league. He can't get "rattled" when things aren't perfect. He's paid to be better than that.

This...

Sometimes Eli acts with the intelligence and panache of Gomer Pyle...

It was such a bad call and 2 plays later Cruz blows his knee out, just a shitty line of circumstance.

I will say the game was lost when Williams trucked Jenkins to make it 3rd and 1 and we threw the ball out of shotgun with no backs. I thought Gilbride was back for a second.

I just watched that sequence of plays and that ref needs to locked away in a cold dank dungeon with Hockafuck... where they can hold each other as the rats nibble their toes...

:furious: :angry: :ranting2:

Yeah, that's a dumb fucking call.

Play-action is a lost art, apparently.