SportsWrath

Bold predictions.

Sephiroth

Their speed vs.our sludgery?

Our physicality slows them down. They aren't really built on speedy players and Kelly's offense isn't has complex has people think. Their offense is built on timing and getting a hat on a hat, the Saints had success because Ryan found a way to free up a guy and they were more physical

On a serious note, anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6 I think. I don't think our offense will be THAT bad (Manning and Cruz both stated that in the pre-season they worked on plays they were bad at in practice)

I think our defensive, especially our front 4 will surprise some people.

I'd feel really great about our offense if the line was in better shape. I think it's the only real fatal flaw we have and the one thing holding us back from winning the division. If the rook works out I'll feel much better about next year though

Philly is overated and we match up well with them, RGStink is in Washington and Dallas is better people think, but not great

Yeah Dallas' defense is in bad sheep but their O-line is great and linehans gonna do good things with that talent. Agreed on skins especially with their crap coach. I do believe in philly though even with that defense. NFC east might be the worst division in football

Jerry Reese gets fired at the end of the season.

Coughlin will go before Reese

If we have a shitty season it WILL be interesting to see how that unfolds. I think Coughlin is a really good coach... I mean, the guy won with Mark Brunell and Rob Johnson as his quarterbacks. With last year's shitty roster he still managed to milk 7 wins out of the season, and the team clearly never gave up on him. Reese, on the other hand, has gotten us one starter each from the 2010-2012 drafts... that's fucking embarrassing bad.

At the same time, Reese is Coughlin's boss, so it'd be to see interesting who's got Mara's ear.

If we have a shitty season it WILL be interesting to see how that unfolds. I think Coughlin is a really good coach... I mean, the guy won with Mark Brunell and Rob Johnson as his quarterbacks. With last year's shitty roster he still managed to milk 7 wins out of the season, and the team clearly never gave up on him. Reese, on the other hand, has gotten us one starter each from the 2010-2012 drafts... that's fucking embarrassing bad.

At the same time, Reese is Coughlin's boss, so it'd be to see interesting who's got Mara's ear.

The way Mara was talking in the offseason it seemed he had no problem with the picks and blamed the coaches for not getting potential out of those picks. It's already started with Beckham being in Coughlin's doghouse and doesn't seem like the WCO will take full transition until Coughlin is gone

The way Mara was talking in the offseason it seemed he had no problem with the picks and blamed the coaches for not getting potential out of those picks. It's already started with Beckham being in Coughlin's doghouse and doesn't seem like the WCO will take full transition until Coughlin is gone

I really don't understand how people say Beckham is in Coughlins doghouse.

He hasnt even been able to practice to get into any sort of trouble, I'm sure Coughlin and the front office feel the same way about him.

Also do people honestly think that Coughlin is somehow stopping Macadoo's offense? Are people that stupid to think that Coughlin is somehow sitting at his desk telling Mac that it's his team and it's run his way?

The same guy who did a 180 during the 2007 season is now somehow a tyrant over the coordinators?

I really don't understand how people say Beckham is in Coughlins doghouse.

He hasnt even been able to practice to get into any sort of trouble, I'm sure Coughlin and the front office feel the same way about him.

Also do people honestly think that Coughlin is somehow stopping Macadoo's offense? Are people that stupid to think that Coughlin is somehow sitting at his desk telling Mac that it's his team and it's run his way?

The same guy who did a 180 during the 2007 season is now somehow a tyrant over the coordinators?

I seen fifty shades of Gilbride in the preseason. I get the vibe from Coughlin during his pressers that even if Beckham is healthy and practicing, that he still won't play

I seen fifty shades of Gilbride in the preseason.

Mac is calling the plays and it's his time ever doing it.

But yeah Coughlin is sitting over his coordinators shoulder telling him he wants the offense to look like a pee wee team.

I thought people has a problem with Coughlin never telling Gilly to change up his style of playcalling and now all of a sudden he's got his hand up Macadoo's ass :LMAO:

Mac is calling the plays and it's his time ever doing it.

But yeah Coughlin is sitting over his coordinators shoulder telling him he wants the offense to look like a pee wee team.

I thought people has a problem with Coughlin never telling Gilly to change up his style of playcalling and now all of a sudden he's got his hand up Macadoo's ass :LMAO:

I am not saying he's preventing McAdoo from calling plays, but it's still Coughlin's team and Coughlin's philosophy. You don't think Coughin oversees anything to do with the offense. Does Eli go to the line and say I know it's supposed to be a quick slant, which sounds great, but I 'd rather hock the ball into traffic for a 50/50 ball

I am not saying he's preventing McAdoo from calling plays, but it's still Coughlin's team and Coughlin's philosophy. You don't think Coughin oversees anything to do with the offense. Does Eli go to the line and say I know it's supposed to be a quick slant, which sounds great, but I 'd rather hock the ball into traffic for a 50/50 ball

So is that the coaches problem then? or Eli's?

And yeah Coughlin oversees the team, but if people honestly think he's telling Fewell or Macadoo (or even Gilly) how to run their scheme, then I doubt they have ever paid attention to Coughlins coaching style. He's never been a coach to make a coordinator run something a certain way, or even take control of calling plays, unlike coaches like Belichick or McCarthy. He helps them I imagine with all the years of experience he has in the NFL and I imagine tries to relay what he sees with them, although it never seemed to work with Gilly.

Ben McAdoo is the Giants’ offensive coordinator, and Tom Coughlin is the coach.

And Coughlin doesn’t plan on changing that arrangement, unless he absolutely has to. On Monday night, when the Giants open their season against the Lions in Detroit, McAdoo will run the offense largely alone, with little meddling from Coughlin.

“I’ve been a play-caller,” Coughlin said Thursday. “I’ll be honest with you: I never liked anyone interrupting me. Between series is the best time to visit and to talk about that.”

So like I said Coughlin lets McAdoo do his thing, without any "interrupting", unless he really starts fucking up and needs help.

So is that the coaches problem then? or Eli's?

And yeah Coughlin oversees the team, but if people honestly think he's telling Fewell or Macadoo (or even Gilly) how to run their scheme, then I doubt they have ever paid attention to Coughlins coaching style. He's never been a coach to make a coordinator run something a certain way, or even take control of calling plays, unlike coaches like Belichick or McCarthy. He helps them I imagine with all the years of experience he has in the NFL and I imagine tries to relay what he sees with them, although it never seemed to work with Gilly.

I agree I didn't mean to say he was going to entirely meddle in McAdoo's playbook, just in the offseason it seemed to be confusion about what offense is being run. I am sure they didn't want to unveil the whole playbook and maybe Eli is just not comfortable in the WCO

I agree I didn't mean to say he was going to entirely meddle in McAdoo's playbook, just in the offseason it seemed to be confusion about what offense is being run. I am sure they didn't want to unveil the whole playbook and maybe Eli is just not comfortable in the WCO

And I agree the offense did seem lost and confused with Eli and the starting Oline, maybe like you said they are just trying to get the basics down, or not show the whole playbook.

I just feel some people have Coughlin pegged as a tyrant coach who runs his team with an iron first when all he has done since being here has adapted and changed his coaching style and has even "evolved" into what some think are the new type of player coaches that are winning today.

Although he does still seem like a hard ass.