SportsWrath

LB news

gateb

Giants | Team could pursue a linebacker in free agency

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:59:58 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants could pursue a linebacker, like free agent LB Julian Peterson (49ers), via free agency.

Giants | Team likely to select a linebacker early in the NFL Draft

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:58:04 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants are expected to select a linebacker early in the NFL Draft.

Giants | Team likely to keep Emmons

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:57:10 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants are expected to retain LB Carlos Emmons for the 2006 season.

Giants | Coughlin will talk with Burress

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:35:25 -0800

Vinny DiTrani, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said he hasn't had the opportunity to talk to WR Plaxico Burress about the frustration he showed during and after the team's playoff loss to the Carolina Panthers. But he hasn't forgotten about it, either. "That's something we need to work on, yes," Coughlin said Friday, Feb. 24, at the NFL Combine. "You talk to him about it, you make him understand we're all in this thing together, everybody's trying to do the very best they can."

Thoughts?

Guest nosebleed

Damn, hot off the press...............In other news, it is cold in the Northeast today.

Ernie can't be that dumb at try to sign an injury prone, aging linebacker, can he????????

Damn, hot off the press...............In other news, it is cold in the Northeast today.

Ernie can't be that dumb at try to sign an injury prone, aging linebacker, can he????????

injury prone- only has had one major injury as far as I know.

Aging- He's 27.

It's all about the price he's asking for IMO.

Peterson is not injury-prone, nor is he old. He did suffer through a knee problem(?) but from all accounts, he's back to 100% and would be a nice addition in NY. Very quick sideline to sideline runner and strong as a bull. The one issue that will likely turn up is that he wants to be overpaid.

Peterson is not injury-prone, nor is he old. He did suffer through a knee problem(?) but from all accounts, he's back to 100% and would be a nice addition in NY. Very quick sideline to sideline runner and strong as a bull. The one issue that will likely turn up is that he wants to be overpaid.

It was a torn Achilles tendon. IMO, Peterson is a very overrated player. I also dont think he will be paid as much as some fans think. He also did not return as the player he was before the injury. Peterson is a gamble, one I would like to stay away from. Especially with the talent in this years draft class at LB.

It was a torn Achilles tendon. IMO, Peterson is a very overrated player. I also dont think he will be paid as much as some fans think. He also did not return as the player he was before the injury. Peterson is a gamble, one I would like to stay away from. Especially with the talent in this years draft class at LB.

Actually it was both! First he had knee issues. Then he blew out his achilles.

Guy is damaged goods with an inflated self worth.

I'll pass.

Guest nosebleed
Actually it was both! First he had knee issues. Then he blew out his achilles.

Guy is damaged goods with an inflated self worth.

I'll pass.

Correct, after dumping waste Barret Green and having injury plagued Emmons, the worst thing to do would be signing Peterson. But, when fans see that a "name" free agent is free, they immediately feel that they should be signed no matter health concerns.

I can see Ernie signing Peterson to a 4 year 15million dollar contract and by late August, he will be sharing the trainer's table with hobbled waste product #51. Emmons can limp around with his metal leg and Peterson can limp with his sewing thread achilles tendon.