SportsWrath

My Mock Draft

KiLLaKyLe

Good mock draft. but some of your darft was a bit of a reach. Blue will not be avaliable in the 3rd round. And there'e No way in hell Shockley will be a 7th round draft pick.

I got all of the projections from www.draftstudio.com

Not really. If anyone watched Maryland (as I did) when those two were together, alot of the times Jackson out shinned Merriman. Thats not taking anything away from Merriman, but thats far from out of hand. Jackson is a very good player and I believe a bit underrated at this point.

As Money said, Jackson and Ryans are very similar players and they are both very much like Antonio Pierce.

And I'm not taking anything away from Jackson, but they are just different breeds. Jackson may have had a couple of college games where he was the better player on the field, but Merriman certainly had the better year. Either way, they are much different breeds, and IMO, Merriman's physicality is what ultimitely separates them as NFL prospects.

I happen to like Jackson more than Ryans, and I would hope that if both players were available at #25, that we take Jackson.

And I'm not taking anything away from Jackson, but they are just different breeds. Jackson may have had a couple of college games where he was the better player on the field, but Merriman certainly had the better year. Either way, they are much different breeds, and IMO, Merriman's physicality is what ultimitely separates them as NFL prospects.

No Merrimans ability to play in the 3-4 defense in the NFL is what seperates them as NFL prospects.

Merriman is a discernably better athlete than Jackson ... better size and athleticism. But Jackson is a better football player; Merriman cannot match his instincts, toughness, and intangibles. I think both will be excellent pro players and both were excellent at the collegiate level as well. But any Terps fan will tell you that Jackson was the unquestioned leader of that defense, even when Merriman was there.

No Merrimans ability to play in the 3-4 defense in the NFL is what seperates them as NFL prospects.

I was only able to watch one of Maryland's games in 2004 against Wake Forest, and Merriman had a monster game.

It sounds like you probably had more exposure to the Terps, and you could very well be right. But IMO, I believe that since they played different positions, Merriman was able to make more of an impact than Jackson overall. Even though Jackson amassed more tackles and was better in coverage, Merriman was able to create more sacks, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, and QB hurries, which is usually a big selling point for scouts.