SportsWrath

Barrett Green Haters ENTER !!!

Martin

Draft and/or free agents - Green and Emmons are always hurt anyway - these two were completel wastes of time for the Giants - they are the first out the door. Fee agency (younger LBs) and the draft - easily filled. When the Giants put Emmons on IR last year before the playoffs, thye as much as cut him right there - he's history while Green has been a waste of time and money since he has been a Giant - no reason to waste cap space on morons always on the trainer's table.

But who do you think the Giants will pick up in FA and who will they select in the draft and when?

I never really understood that line of thought. Emmons, albeit playing hurt, has been on the field a lot more than Green has. I'll grant you Torbor isn't a huge dropoff at this stage compared to Emmons, but he's not a huge upgrade either. Emmon's salary isn't all that bad, either.

Green showed ability when he actually made it onto the field, but he just isn't on the field enough. I wouldn't cut him now, but if he gets dinged in pre-season, I wouldn't stick it out with him. Especially at the price of a promising draftee.

I never said we will cut Emmons, but if we are going to get rid of either Emmons or Green, Emmons is more likely to go. He is older, has had, albeit not as bad as Green, Injury problems, and complained when put on IR late last season(which he was justified in doing, but im sure Coughlin didn't appreciate that). Plus, he is due to make, I think, around 3 mil next season, and seeing as we have Torbor behind him(who might be just as good as Emmons at this point) releasing Emmons is not as improbable as one may think...

I never said we will cut Emmons, but if we are going to get rid of either Emmons or Green, Emmons is more likely to go. He is older, has had, albeit not as bad as Green, Injury problems, and complained when put on IR late last season(which he was justified in doing, but im sure Coughlin didn't appreciate that). Plus, he is due to make, I think, around 3 mil next season, and seeing as we have Torbor behind him(who might be just as good as Emmons at this point) releasing Emmons is not as improbable as one may think...

I didn't mean to infer that you were saying that we were cutting Emmons. I just didn't understand the logic of cutting Emmons before Green. The old guy is on the field, the young guy is on the couch. And I guess I'm a little annoyed that he wasn't IR'd in preseason, basically keeping Hollowell off the roster. Hollowell may not have been a great LB, but we sure could have used him at the end of the season. Hindsight is 20/20...

One could argue that wanting to play while not being 100% is exactly the kind of attitude Coughlin wants, although he might not have appreciated the venue where Emmons expressed this.

I don't think 3 mil is a small amount, but if that can be lowered (and I think Emmons is reasonable enough to work with Accorsi), I don't see a reason not to keep him around.

Then again, ask me after the draft. :)

I didn't mean to infer that you were saying that we were cutting Emmons. I just didn't understand the logic of cutting Emmons before Green. The old guy is on the field, the young guy is on the couch. And I guess I'm a little annoyed that he wasn't IR'd in preseason, basically keeping Hollowell off the roster. Hollowell may not have been a great LB, but we sure could have used him at the end of the season. Hindsight is 20/20...

One could argue that wanting to play while not being 100% is exactly the kind of attitude Coughlin wants, although he might not have appreciated the venue where Emmons expressed this.

I don't think 3 mil is a small amount, but if that can be lowered (and I think Emmons is reasonable enough to work with Accorsi), I don't see a reason not to keep him around.

Then again, ask me after the draft. :)

I would actually prefer to see both Emmons and Green on the team next season, but more likely than not, one of them is going to be gone. Plus, we have Torbor behind Emmons, who is a very solid young player and no one behind Green at this point. Emmons release this offseason would not surprise me in the least...but hey, who knows? We could sign a LB in FA and take Ryans in the First round and cut both of them loose...not likely, but possible..

speculating is fun :P

I would actually prefer to see both Emmons and Green on the team next season, but more likely than not, one of them is going to be gone. Plus, we have Torbor behind Emmons, who is a very solid young player and no one behind Green at this point. Emmons release this offseason would not surprise me in the least...but hey, who knows? We could sign a LB in FA and take Ryans in the First round and cut both of them loose...not likely, but possible..

speculating is fun :P

Just get a CB in FA--If they can get Ronde, do it! That's all I'm asking for. With Pierce in the middle, we can handle draftee LBs.

Just get a CB in FA--If they can get Ronde, do it! That's all I'm asking for. With Pierce in the middle, we can handle draftee LBs.

well, if Rhonde is available and we don't find a way to get it done, that would show there is something wrong in the front office...If and when Rhonde is released, we have the inside track, and he would most likely come here for less money than it would take him to go elsewhere...

well, if Rhonde is available and we don't find a way to get it done, that would show there is something wrong in the front office...If and when Rhonde is released, we have the inside track, and he would most likely come here for less money than it would take him to go elsewhere...

True, but looking at Pizan's thread (thanks Pizan!), it looks like Rhonde would be entering a seller's market. It kind of looks like he's going to have a choice of top dollar or playing with his brother. I'm not betting on that one.

We have some major issues at teh LB position. I beleive Emmons and Green won't on the roster this year. (Again, that's opinion.) And Griesen looks like his out the door too. I honestly we are going to address these issues through FA.

I'm stepping up and admitting I was wrong on Green. Barret was one of two LB'ers I felt the Giants could get 2 years ago (the other was Haggans) without paying top dollar. He was young and had a good skill set. I thought he'd explode with the Giants, especially given our weakness with coverage linebackers. When we signed him I thought it was the best move we made that offseason. I'm still waiting for it to pay dividends. Sure Green is still young enough to be a productive NFL player but I'm no longer holding my breath. Injury troubles, coaches doghouse, underwhelming play all add up to a major uphill road for BGreen. Hopefully he's up for the task but I'll be surprised at this point.

Martin,

this is a big leap, he's constantly hurt and that's on thing that TC hates most. I'd say he's goner unless he cost $1.25

First off he is still realitively young and fast which is the direction they wanted to go into. I believe he is 29.

His injury problem was a bad doctor that mis diagnoised his injury which lead to re injury.

If anyone will be cut its emmons due to his age contract and declining speed. We save a little less

with cuttting emmons but we pick up age and speed. (blitzing ability)

We will probably see Green , Pierce, and Tobor as the starting lineBacks

with blackburn, and maybe 1 FA LB with one pick from the draft.

Griesen will more than likely be with another team. If not we have even better depth.

The games he did play he looked great and he created trouble for the other team.

I felt Green was a victim of bad circumstances all around.

I have been wrong before but thats my take!

Guest Lockhart
I can understand why we have the haters. The guy is making great money

he hasnt even played that much But I really believe if he is 100% healthy

he will prove you wrong about what he can do on the field. He is fast and

reads the field very well with great football feel and awareness. A very good

blitzing LB as well.

His injury problem was not his fault he had a lame doctor and if he is back

100% many will love this guy with Pierce and Tobor. We draft a real good

kid in the draft for LB along with Blackburn and we may good things at the LB squad.

The guy who hasnt impressed was Emmons! I would love to cut his salary and Luke!!

What I am saying is give Green a chance this year!

Hes gonna impress!

:)

I guess Accorsi and Coughlin will be entering this thread soon enough.

Guest nosebleed
I can understand why we have the haters. The guy is making great money

he hasnt even played that much But I really believe if he is 100% healthy

he will prove you wrong about what he can do on the field. He is fast and

reads the field very well with great football feel and awareness. A very good

blitzing LB as well.

His injury problem was not his fault he had a lame doctor and if he is back

100% many will love this guy with Pierce and Tobor. We draft a real good

kid in the draft for LB along with Blackburn and we may good things at the LB squad.

The guy who hasnt impressed was Emmons! I would love to cut his salary and Luke!!

What I am saying is give Green a chance this year!

Hes gonna impress!

:)

:TU::rock::clap::flex::LMAO:

Guest Floyd The Barber

this a perfect example of one of the "Everything is Fantastic" in Giant Land fans...

they are out of touch with reality, do not understand the physics of football and clearly are not in tune as to what it takes to be a player and stick with an organization...

the FAB 4 had said since the day this guy inked a contract, and the world over wet there panties, that he would not be what eveyone is thinking he would be...

we were correct again...