Martin

I can understand why we have the haters. The guy is making great money

he hasnt even played that much But I really believe if he is 100% healthy

he will prove you wrong about what he can do on the field. He is fast and

reads the field very well with great football feel and awareness. A very good

blitzing LB as well.

His injury problem was not his fault he had a lame doctor and if he is back

100% many will love this guy with Pierce and Tobor. We draft a real good

kid in the draft for LB along with Blackburn and we may good things at the LB squad.

The guy who hasnt impressed was Emmons! I would love to cut his salary and Luke!!

What I am saying is give Green a chance this year!

Hes gonna impress!

:)

I say restructure. What do we got to lose if we play him with a low contract? If he does play good, give him a medium sized one, not to the length of the original one he got because he still needs to prove he can stay healthy consistently.

If he doesn't work, then we'll still have Pierce, Torbor, Emmons (maybe), Blackburn and possible an FA.

blitzing LB as well.

kid in the draft for LB along with Blackburn and we may good things at the LB squad.

The guy who hasnt impressed was Emmons! I would love to cut his salary and Luke!!

Hes gonna impress!

please stop with the "Luke cutting"...it won't happen, and would be a terrible decision if it did happen...

Hey I know it wont happen but Luke's false starts are and issue!

that cannot be dennied!

You know, Diehl had just as many false starts against Seattle as Luke. We have plenty other issues to worry about and considering our o-line is gaining chemistry and has loads of potential there is no point of breaking them up even further.

I'm gonna laugh at all the Barrett Green "haters" when he's on our roster next season.

Martin, tell me one available player who will be better than Luke in '06...

First off like many Giants fans I vent !!

I have watched many games and Luke can be frustrating

sometimes not all the time . When his back went out with injury

his consistancy went with it. He does command a nice chunk of change though

and of course as a team thats building we all would love to have as much money

allocated for FA's with the weakness in the secondary.

The other issue not to gt rid of luke is to keep continuity with the Oline

Yes your right there is not a player that will step in aside from Luke all other

possibilities are all high risk.

Again just venting about the money! No pun intended !!

Barrett Green is most likely going to be our starting WILL going into next season, so the chances he is cut are very minimal. Emmons has much more a chance of being released than does Barrett. When Green was 100% in 2004 he was showing that he was a very good young LB. Great Athlete, always around the ball, playmaker. If he returns to that form next year, he will add a huge boost to our D....

That said...I would not mind us bringing in a WILL through the early rounds of the draft or free agency...Depth never hurt anyone...

Edited by shockjock

Guest Lockhart

blitzing LB as well.

Hes gonna impress!

Since the Giants will dump Green like a used rubber in about 3 weeks, I don't care what he does next season. By the way both he and Emmons will be sitting in the Greyhound Bus Station on March 3rd - they will probably hurt themselves getting on the Bus.

Since the Giants will dump Green like a used rubber in about 3 weeks, I don't care what he does next season. By the way both he and Emmons will be sitting in the Greyhound Bus Station on March 3rd - they will probably hurt themselves getting on the Bus.

So what's your plan for the linebackers next year? Resign Griesen?

and there goes our little slice o' paradise....

People after the Washingston Redskins game in 2004;

"Barrett Green is a God"

People after his injury;

"Another Boneheaded move by EA"

© Currency

People who called that a bonehead move even after missing two straight years are retards. He has promising talent, great speed. It's just a shame that he hasn't gotten everything together.

Barrett Green is most likely going to be our starting WILL going into next season, so the chances he is cut are very minimal. Emmons has much more a chance of being released than does Barrett. When Green was 100% in 2004 he was showing that he was a very good young LB. Great Athlete, always around the ball, playmaker. If he returns to that form next year, he will add a huge boost to our D....

That said...I would not mind us bringing in a WILL through the early rounds of the draft or free agency...Depth never hurt anyone...

I never really understood that line of thought. Emmons, albeit playing hurt, has been on the field a lot more than Green has. I'll grant you Torbor isn't a huge dropoff at this stage compared to Emmons, but he's not a huge upgrade either. Emmon's salary isn't all that bad, either.

Green showed ability when he actually made it onto the field, but he just isn't on the field enough. I wouldn't cut him now, but if he gets dinged in pre-season, I wouldn't stick it out with him. Especially at the price of a promising draftee.

I never really understood that line of thought. Emmons, albeit playing hurt, has been on the field a lot more than Green has. I'll grant you Torbor isn't a huge dropoff at this stage compared to Emmons, but he's not a huge upgrade either. Emmon's salary isn't all that bad, either.

Green showed ability when he actually made it onto the field, but he just isn't on the field enough. I wouldn't cut him now, but if he gets dinged in pre-season, I wouldn't stick it out with him. Especially at the price of a promising draftee.

Maybe, just maybe to get our full ability out of our players, we can do a rotation. Green, Pierce, Emmons, and Torbor all have potential. Obviously, Pierce is an every down starter but those three can do very good things each and to save them for the long haul, early in the season we can rotate them in, possibly for the first half.

Just another crazy idea B)

Maybe, just maybe to get our full ability out of our players, we can do a rotation. Green, Pierce, Emmons, and Torbor all have potential. Obviously, Pierce is an every down starter but those three can do very good things each and to save them for the long haul, early in the season we can rotate them in, possibly for the first half.

Just another crazy idea B)

Emmons is a little past potential--wysiwyg. But a rotation is a good idea--extends Emmons career, and gives Torbor a chance to learn under him. Again, my only gripe with Green is he can't stay on the field. If he shows he can--great. But theres NO WAY I don't draft a couple of LBs this year, and I don't assume he's the starter.

Guest Lockhart
Once again, whats your plan for the linebackers?

Draft and/or free agents - Green and Emmons are always hurt anyway - these two were completel wastes of time for the Giants - they are the first out the door. Fee agency (younger LBs) and the draft - easily filled. When the Giants put Emmons on IR last year before the playoffs, thye as much as cut him right there - he's history while Green has been a waste of time and money since he has been a Giant - no reason to waste cap space on morons always on the trainer's table.

Edited by Lockhart