SportsWrath

Thank God they came to their senses

Allstarjim

ESPN.com

This only makes sense. Visitors could come in for a set and leave, no big deal. The Mets' hitters deal with those dimensions for 82 games, and I know it's messed with the psyche of some (looking at you, David Wright). Perhaps next year the offense will get a jolt because of this.

Should we take from this that they are going to let Reyes walk? He is prototype player for a pitcher's park.

I don't think it means that or is related to the Reyes situation, but I do think he will walk. He's going to go for the most money he can possibly get, and he's not going to find that as a Met. They are trimming payroll and if they resign him, they are pretty much hamstrung on doing anything else at all. Personally, I would trade Wright and resign Reyes. Give the third base job to Turner, who I think played very well this year. Dan Murphy at second, and with Ike Davis coming back, I think there's plenty of offense.

I don't think it means that or is related to the Reyes situation, but I do think he will walk. He's going to go for the most money he can possibly get, and he's not going to find that as a Met. They are trimming payroll and if they resign him, they are pretty much hamstrung on doing anything else at all. Personally, I would trade Wright and resign Reyes. Give the third base job to Turner, who I think played very well this year. Dan Murphy at second, and with Ike Davis coming back, I think there's plenty of offense.

You move Murphy to 3rd, as it is his natural position.

You move Murphy to 3rd, as it is his natural position.

I thought 1B was Murph's natural position? But you're right, Murph can play third. You like Tejada or Turner for 2B? I'm not crazy about Tejada. Waiting for Reese Havens to get to the pros.

I'm retracting my thoughts about Wright, though. I'd like to see how he does with the new fences.