SportsWrath

GAMEDAY THREAD: Tigers vs. Yankees

BronxRik

That video game lineup sure looks good against Nate Robertson tonight.

It's actually unfair how good that lineup is. In football, we don't have problems like the Yanks having the lineup that they have every year and the Royals sucking every year. It's fun watching teams like the Saints and Bears come alive with a couple of signings, through coaching and through the draft. It's just not the same with baseball. That's why football is clearly on another level.

Anyway, congrats on your demolition of an okay pitcher.

That video game lineup sure looks good against Nate Robertson tonight.

It's actually unfair how good that lineup is. In football, we don't have problems like the Yanks having the lineup that they have every year and the Royals sucking every year. It's fun watching teams like the Saints and Bears come alive with a couple of signings, through coaching and through the draft. It's just not the same with baseball. That's why football is clearly on another level.

Anyway, congrats on your demolition of an okay pitcher.

:cwy::cwy::cwy:

Stop it.

What about the Tigers coming alive this season...or the Marlins making a run at the playoffs or the Reds doing better than expected or the Phillies making a strong push or, the Twins surging and winning the AL Central or the Red Sox failing with the second highest payroll. This payroll bullshit has got to end. I have had enough with the crying of other fans about that subject. Look at the Redskins they don't always put it together. How about the Browns still sucking or the Dolphins failing or, how about our Giants not playing up to their "scary" good potential. Get off me.

A salary cap isn't an end all solution. If there really is a problem.

:cwy::cwy::cwy:

Stop it.

What about the Tigers coming alive this season...or the Marlins making a run at the playoffs or the Reds doing better than expected or the Phillies making a strong push or the Twins surging and winning the AL Central or the Red Sox failing with the second highest payroll. This payroll bullshit has got to end I have had enough with the crying of other fans about that subject. Look at the Redskins they don't always put it together. How about the Browns still sucking or the Dolphins falling or or how about our Giants not playing up to their "scary" good potential. Get off me.

Look at your lineup. The Red Sox are 80-100 mill below you guys in payroll, and a team with that much payroll would be right in the middle. I'm sorry, you guys are just too good when it comes to the batting order.

Look at your lineup. The Red Sox are 80-100 mill below you guys in payroll, and a team with that much payroll would be right in the middle. I'm sorry, you guys are just too good when it comes to the batting order.

Gee, the Sox must not have made the post season. Allready whining about our salary 1 game into the post season. STFU allready, like you guys dont spend a grip to get players. If I'm correct, If I'm correct, you guys set a record for the most expensive team not to make the post season. Quit crying!

Every one sounds like a sore loser when they start complaining about the payroll. You are taking away from anything the Yankees do because of Payroll. Oh, just because they get payed so much they should win every thing every year! It doesn't guarantee anything...not one thing. I thought people would learn that. What happened with give credit where credit is due? Huh. No, let's shit on a franchise that fucking represents Major League Baseball! Babe Ruth ain't shit compared to Jose Reyes right? Mickey Mantle should never be mentioned with players like Robin Yount because he played for the Yankees. Go to fucking hell with that crybaby "But, the Payroooooooooollllll" argument.