SportsWrath

Yankees will win AL East

For what its worth, I have always praised Jeter and think he is still the superior talent and leader, but at 32 soon to be 33 if I were starting a team from scratch I would probably take the 23 year old. Now if its one game, in the 2007 season its Jeter, but for the long haul you have to go with the kid.

Hmmm, I see your point. I have to be honest, I like Jose Reyes. He remind me of a young Derek Jeter. (or Lenny Dykstra) Its not his play that interest me per say. Its the way he energizes his team. He kinda leads on the field.... I don't know how to describe it.

I don't watch the National League and i am delighted you think he's better than Jeter & Reyes. Jeter is a future HOFamer and Reyes maybe someday as well. Let's look at your kid after 5 & 10 years and see where he is.

:doh: You are aware that Reyes is a National Leaguer...

Credibilty in Jeter/Reyes debate = :explode:

:doh: You are aware that Reyes is a National Leaguer...

Credibilty in Jeter/Reyes debate = :explode:

And the reason I know about him is because he plays in NY. I still do not normally watch the Mets nor any other NL team I know a little bit about the Cubs cause I worked in Chicago for 8 years. I know a little about St. Louis because Scott Rolen went to school with 2 of my kids and he was a neighbor in Jasper, IN. Wonderful young man from a nice family.

And the reason I know about him is because he plays in NY. I still do not normally watch the Mets nor any other NL team I know a little bit about the Cubs cause I worked in Chicago for 8 years. I know a little about St. Louis because Scott Rolen went to school with 2 of my kids and he was a neighbor in Jasper, IN. Wonderful young man from a nice family.

Ah. So with that and ESPN stats you should be an expert on this stuff.

Ah. So with that and ESPN stats you should be an expert on this stuff.

Since I actually saw Dimaggio, Mantle, Willie etc etc play I simply know better than to try to claim that anyone with 2 years in the league is better than a future Hall of Famer. Best player in his prime - toss up between Mays & Mantle.

Since I actually saw Dimaggio, Mantle, Willie etc etc play I simply know better than to try to claim that anyone with 2 years in the league is better than a future Hall of Famer. Best player in his prime - toss up between Mays & Mantle.

Stop trying to change the subject because of your lack of current

baseball knowledge.

Stop trying to change the subject because of your lack of current

baseball knowledge.

I don't know what amuses me more that a few of you think you know so much because you know players from other teams or that you honestly compare a 2 year player with Jeter.

Good question. What do I base my decision on?

Careers? That wouldn't be fair to Reyes since he's just getting started.

Based on present day, that wouldn't be fair to Jeter, since Reyes is 10 years younger.

I don't who I'd pick, honestly, but I'm glad the Mets have Reyes right now.

Great.

So let's compare Reyes to where Jeter was at the same point in his career. :)

That is fair, right?

I bet you won't want to do that. :ph34r:

I'd put Tsuyoshi Shinjo ahead of those two guys...

I don't know what amuses me more that a few of you think you know so much because you know players from other teams or that you honestly compare a 2 year player with Jeter.

Yet Yankee fans are saying Chamberlain is going to be the next great thing based on 9 innings of work. :doh:

Jeter has no range now and nobody on the Yankees steal nearly as much as Reyes. We don't have a single player that I'd feel comfortable sending to steal third.

I think the Yanks have 5 players in double figures with steals. Abreu, Jeter, A-Rod, Damon & Cabrera. No other team in BB has as many. And I love Reyes. He is a very exciting player & fun to watch. IMMHO of course.