SportsWrath

Our GM is seriously fucking awesome.

Sephiroth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That Zach Cunningham sure put on a show this year.

Gerald Hodges was also serviceable. New Orleans is talking about re-signing him.

Devin Taylor and Duke InYourNacho? Both out of the league.

Thankfully, so is Reese.

Once again doe, once you get out of the first round you cant really talk about players who were taken before/after the Gints picked since the entire NFL passed on them once, if not more.

I dont get it either. Im supposed to not be mad that the giants didnt take jack in the first round because everyone else passed on him too? That just means a lot of teams made the same mistake

ayup- for a elite market team, were not an elite braintrust

I dont get it either. Im supposed to not be mad that the giants didnt take jack in the first round because everyone else passed on him too? That just means a lot of teams made the same mistake

There's what 257 something players taken in the Draft every year, of that maybe a handful actually developed into quality starters or pro bowl type players.

and its not even players in the first round they are spread throughout the seven of them.

saying "I'm mad because we didn't draft this player iin round one when this team got him in round whatever" is like saying "I'm mad that I didn't pick the winning lottery numbers but that guy did"

There's what 257 something players taken in the Draft every year, of that maybe a handful actually developed into quality starters or pro bowl type players.

and its not even players in the first round they are spread throughout the seven of them.

saying "I'm mad because we didn't draft this player iin round one when this team got him in round whatever" is like saying "I'm mad that I didn't pick the winning lottery numbers but that guy did"

You say that like all 257 players have the same odds and ceiling. I only bring up jack because I wanted him prior to the draft and was mad on draft day that we passed on him. The guy was seen as a high first round pick before the stuff about his knee became news (which hasnt come up in his career at all) and hes the exact kind of player we couldve used that offseason after the signings we made. He wasnt some shot in the dark that worked out, he was a player who fell further than he shouldve and proved it

You say that like all 257 players have the same odds and ceiling. I only bring up jack because I wanted him prior to the draft and was mad on draft day that we passed on him. The guy was seen as a high first round pick before the stuff about his knee became news (which hasnt come up in his career at all) and hes the exact kind of player we couldve used that offseason after the signings we made. He wasnt some shot in the dark that worked out, he was a player who fell further than he shouldve and proved it

But what I mean is the entire NFL passed over him, it's not like the Giants were the only team to be out off by the injury rumors going around.

Now if we took Apple then Jack was taken right after us in a surprise move and is playing like he is the case could be made the Giants should of taken the same risk, but no one nit a single team was willing to risk their first round pick on him.

The same thing with Tunsil should of been a top 5 OT, but teams didn't want to take the risk. Plus I've been reading he's been regressing so maybe they had a point.

The draft is a crap shoot, look at any year and you can point at any round and say "we shouldof ddrafted this guy here, or before this team"

I think the only time.you can be really pissed off is when a guy like JR makes his hand so painfully obvious to read that every team knew what he was doing before he did and all the players he wanted were taken before that and he panic picks a player like Apple.

I totally agree with you on late rounds, but I just dont see it that way in the early part of first roundespecially with stud defensive players, it seems like most of them pan out. 20 teams passed on Rodgers, I see that as (almost) everyone making the same mistake because he fell way under projection. 32 teams passed on Brady, and i dont see it the same way. I think that falls under your lotto ticket catagory.

And yeah the fact that our pick instead of jack was reaching for apple, whose ceiling seems to be in line with that of the late first rounder he was projected to be, just makes it so much worse.

I just wanted Cunningham and couldn't believe he was still there. Tomlinson looks like a good player but he's on a strong unit too; we needed a good LB more than a DT. Case in point: the record number of TE yards and touchdowns against us this year.

Again, this is shit that was painfully obvious to anyone besides Jerry Reese. So glad he's gone.