SportsWrath

NY Mets @ Philadelphia Phillies

Why didn't Soler play today?

It's Trachsel's day, sadly. With the day off the other day and the Mets returning to Shea, I don't think it would have been a bad idea to let Soler pitch away (2-0 away from home) and let Trax pitch the opener at Shea.

Lidle grounds into 5-3. Good throw by Wright.

Wright and Beltran have been god's the last month and a half... sadly enough Delgado has the worst batting average of all our starters right now (.267)

only Trachsel can turn a 0-2 count to a 3-2 in 3 straight pitches :brooding:

Well, the thing is there is no need to throw a strike in the position of 0-2, or 1-2. Figuring the hitter may chase, so the two pitches after that were planned. The third one probably got away from his target to make it 3-2. The pitcher is up so you throw another low and get him to ground out. Textbook.

Wright and Beltran have been god's the last month and a half... sadly enough Delgado has the worst batting average of all our starters right now (.267)

:rolleyes: I can't believe I forgot the best lead-off hitter in the MLB Reyes :rolleyes:

God I love this team

:rolleyes: I can't believe I forgot the best lead-off hitter in the MLB Reyes :rolleyes:

God I love this team

Don't blow your load, man. Reyes is far from the best in the MLB... He sure does have the best speed for a leadoff hitter in the game though. Reyes needs to walk, bring his average up... just mainly get his OBP to around .350 and he is one of the most dangerous lead-off men in the game.

Don't blow your load, man. Reyes is far from the best in the MLB... He sure does have the best speed for a leadoff hitter in the game though. Reyes needs to walk, bring his average up... just mainly get his OBP to around .350 and he is one of the most dangerous lead-off men in the game.

the past month Reyes is hitting about .350 ... and drawing walks, and leads the MLB in steals... that's good enough for me ;)