SportsWrath

Are they shitting us with Tom Brady’s paper cut?

fringe

I was watching part of the game at the water park with my fiancee... when the Jags were driving to go up 3 scores I said, "this is usually where the flags start coming out."

5 flags on the next 2 drives, all against Jacksonville. Like fucking clockwork, I said.

I won't be watching the Super Bowl. This product is a fucking joke. It's like they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

I was watching part of the game at the water park with my fiancee... when the Jags were driving to go up 3 scores I said, "this is usually where the flags start coming out."

5 flags on the next 2 drives, all against Jacksonville. Like fucking clockwork, I said.

I won't be watching the Super Bowl. This product is a fucking joke. It's like they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Tin foil is on sale in Sephs neighborhood I see.

you know 10 points wasnt enough. When the game is on the QB shoulders, he doesnt come up big. They need to get better at QB, especially with a tougher schedule

It should be enough. You gave up 42 points the week before and youre supposed to be the number 1 defense. The guy is 25 and put his team in position to win 3 weeks in a row with no turnovers. Most qbs fail in his spot especially with the refs calling absolutely nothing when his receivers are being interferes with. Theres maybe 3 qbs who win in that spot and none of them are going to be available

I see a 25 year old league average qb who got better all year. Its not easy to upgrade from that and Id take that player and his potential on a one year deal over committing long term to cousins or giving up picks for smith and then paying him what youd pay Bortles

I mean the guy got them to the 39 yard line in two plays and then his oline got him dropped to set up 3rd and long. The fourth down throw was money and Gilmore pushed off with his other hand when he broke it up. Sorry between the refs and the defense giving up a ten point lead I just dont blame him for this

Nah you cant challenge that, which is why you never blow that dead unless youre absolutely sure. If you let the play finish and then just auto review because its a turnover you can just bring the td back and no one is screwed and no one uses a challenge.

Its very atypical to rule a fumble and then rule the guy down like that. Then again its also atypical to celebrate with the team you called one penalty on all game https://twitter.com/bigcatcountry/status/955192564977684480

Hated the way hackett called the game down the stretch. All the screens and underneath stuff that killed the pats defense in the first half disappeared.

Agree but the Patriots have a way of doing this to teams. They are so good that I think teams start to overthink the play calling. What I don't get is why they didn't start running Bortles more. Once the D started focusing on Fournette and the play action Bortles should have had huge running lanes. A few times when he was scrambling and there seemed to be good lanes to run into.

Nah you cant challenge that, which is why you never blow that dead unless youre absolutely sure. If you let the play finish and then just auto review because its a turnover you can just bring the td back and no one is screwed and no one uses a challenge.

Its very atypical to rule a fumble and then rule the guy down like that. Then again its also atypical to celebrate with the team you called one penalty on all game https://twitter.com/bigcatcountry/status/955192564977684480

DUHbn_0X0AATPP5.jpg

Agree but the Patriots have a way of doing this to teams. They are so good that I think teams start to overthink the play calling. What I don't get is why they didn't start running Bortles more. Once the D started focusing on Fournette and the play action Bortles should have had huge running lanes. A few times when he was scrambling and there seemed to be good lanes to run into.

The thing about the Pats (besides the NFL having the best referees Bob Craft can buy) is that they are fundamentally strong. They don't make mistakes and when someone does, Bellicheck pulls him out. They wear teams down. You could see in the 4th quarter that the Jags were beat. Minnesota's defense is better than the Pats defense, but you throw in that fundamental factor and it evens out. I have faith in our defense outlasting the Pats offense and I think our offense has enough weapons and can put the points up needed to overcome the ref factor. Fly Eagles Fly.

I dont see the similarities in their styles unless youre just talking where he ranks among his peers. Id want to give it another year. Short commitment, 19.5 is not overpaying for what he did last year and the flashes he shows makes it worth a shot to me. I like cousins a lot but its much riskier to your franchise for a guy who isnt an obvious slam dunk.

Smith is getting 70 mil guaranteed over 4 years and averaging 23.5 in new money. Cousins deal wont be much different. With all the talent on the jags that you want to lock up or not cut plus signing Robinson back Id rather guarantee 19.5 to a guy you were a hair away from the Super Bowl with

I dont see the similarities in their styles unless youre just talking where he ranks among his peers. Id want to give it another year. Short commitment, 19.5 is not overpaying for what he did last year and the flashes he shows makes it worth a shot to me. I like cousins a lot but its much riskier to your franchise for a guy who isnt an obvious slam dunk.

Smith is getting 70 mil guaranteed over 4 years and averaging 23.5 in new money. Cousins deal wont be much different. With all the talent on the jags that you want to lock up or not cut plus signing Robinson back Id rather guarantee 19.5 to a guy you were a hair away from the Super Bowl with

No I mean the ability to be spectacular 1 week and awful the next. His consistency reminds me of Collins. As you said, he's only 25 and the option at 19.5 is pricey but not ridiculous. Hope he's able to keep his head on straight- he'll probably have better targets and with Fournette a balanced attack.