SportsWrath

Should the Yankees trade for Alfonso Soriano?

osi724dasack

I'd love to see the Yankees cut the shit with aging veterans and invest in a youth movement.

I'll take young pitching over old hitting any day of the week....and if that means a rebuilding year or two, that's fine.

30 yr old arms break down more often- and you don't get to control them for 6 years.

The second part is true.

But some 30+ year olds have rubber arms.

Look at David Wells, or better examples like Kuroda or Pettitte.

Cc would be a good example if he wasn't fat and lazy but he's comparable to David Wells.

Idk though.

• 2 weeks later...

The second part is true.

But some 30+ year olds have rubber arms.

Look at David Wells, or better examples like Kuroda or Pettitte.

Cc would be a good example if he wasn't fat and lazy but he's comparable to David Wells.

Idk though.

Mussina, Cone, Gooden, Clemens, Tommy John, Catfish, Mike Torres, .....the Yankees have had great luck in grabbing up pitchers in second half of their careers....

C. wagon

Hopefully the Steinbergers just sell the team. Unlike there dad who wanted a Team that was WS worth out there every year , Hal and Hank are fine with a Playoff contention team. They look at of more of a Business then owing a Sports Team

Mussina, Cone, Gooden, Clemens, Tommy John, Catfish, Mike Torres, .....the Yankees have had great luck in grabbing up pitchers in second half of their careers....

C. wagon

The powerhouse lineup helped a little, don't you think?

I'd love to see the Yankees cut the shit with aging veterans and invest in a youth movement.

I'll take young pitching over old hitting any day of the week....and if that means a rebuilding year or two, that's fine.

Hopefully the Steinbergers just sell the team. Unlike there dad who wanted a Team that was WS worth out there every year , Hal and Hank are fine with a Playoff contention team. They look at of more of a Business then owing a Sports Team

George would of fired Cashman, on the Montero trade alone.

No they had a powerhouse lineup.

They had a good, balanced line up, but inwouldnt call it a powerhouse line up. I don't think anyone had ever hit more than 27 home runs in a season those years.. Maybe Tino did

once or twice, but that's it. They were just a perfect team.. Hit for average/timely hitting/work count, good obp, play defense, run and pitch.

The Yankees are going to have a 2009 Mets-esque season this year. Every one is old, and there aren't any prospects knocking on that door.

But I'm sure Derek Jeter will put up his best year yet because of the two Yankee strippers, "mystique" and "aura". The Yankee way.

They had a good, balanced line up, but inwouldnt call it a powerhouse line up. I don't think anyone had ever hit more than 27 home runs in a season those years.. Maybe Tino did

once or twice, but that's it. They were just a perfect team.. Hit for average/timely hitting/work count, good obp, play defense, run and pitch.

A powerhouse lineup to me is one where every player is a threat to get on base. I remember marveling at the fact that 1-9, no easy outs. You'd get past Jeter and Bernie and holy shit, here comes Giambi or Tino or someone.. That is what helps a pitcher look good.

giambi wasnt on the team until 2002

the line ups we are talking about is roughly

Knoblauch

Jeter

Williams

Tino

ONeil

Posada/Girardi

Strawberry/Raines/Davis/Bush//Sojo/Ledee/Spencer

Curtis

Ferocious Brosius

I guess depending on ones definition if powerhouse, it could be..but I dont think many would call it one.