SportsWrath

The end of an era

Hank Blalock's time with Rangers nearing end

It is evident that Hank Blalock will not be on the Rangers past this season, and I for one, will miss him greatly. Hank has been my favorite player for years, if it weren't for the injuries i have no doubt he'd be a perenial all star. Just pisses me off, we waste a dime on Andruw Jones, play him when he ain't doing shit, stealing at bats from hank. I get the whole youth movement thing, I get that davis and Smoak are the furte at the corner positions, but Hank should be on the team next year.

Oh well, so long Hank, hope you land a starting gig somewhere and show the fools in Texas they should have kept you.

hank-blalock-batting-action.jpg

hank-blalock.jpg

Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+v+Texas+Rangers+hAmt8y6vT6Dl.jpg

520x.jpg

Hank Blalock's time with Rangers nearing end

It is evident that Hank Blalock will not be on the Rangers past this season, and I for one, will miss him greatly. Hank has been my favorite player for years, if it weren't for the injuries i have no doubt he'd be a perenial all star. Just pisses me off, we waste a dime on Andruw Jones, play him when he ain't doing shit, stealing at bats from hank. I get the whole youth movement thing, I get that davis and Smoak are the furte at the corner positions, but Hank should be on the team next year.

It's always good to have a couple of old guys around to teach the young. It could be the a big reason for the turn around. You almost had it, and you might have if you didn't lose your catcher.

VG...you going with him or staying with Texas...fan wise?

C. Wagon

Chuck, I was a Rangers fan long before Hank, I'll be a Rangers fan long after him, I'm just a big fan of his and hopes he lands somewhere (hopefully in the NL) and does well.

Besides, after a decade of futility, no way I'm bailing after this season. :rock: