SportsWrath

Aaaa....Yankees are in the Playoffs.....helloooo

Chuck Wagon

That is my point....I'd rather keep all those guys...and grind in 18 rather then grab up a pitcher...even a monster like Bumgarner.....That is how the walk in the wilderness beganin in the 80s and 90s.

C. Wagon

you can't keep all your prospects. Not enough room. That's why you build a strong, deep farm system...so you can keep the guys you think are your major league stars and trade the other ones. Hold on to the really young high upside guys so they're ready when the current twenty somethings are thirty

I hate the cliche "it's a good problem to have"

No, a problem is a problem and they're never good to have....that's why you trade

You have under thirty players at every position on the yankees except for Gardner and cc..maybe Robertson.

Players are blocked by major league contributors that are same age or close.

Didi is a guy I'd trade

you can't keep all your prospects. Not enough room. That's why you build a strong, deep farm system...so you can keep the guys you think are your major league stars and trade the other ones. Hold on to the really young high upside guys so they're ready when the current twenty somethings are thirty

I hate the cliche "it's a good problem to have"

No, a problem is a problem and they're never good to have....that's why you trade

You have under thirty players at every position on the yankees except for Gardner and cc..maybe Robertson.

Players are blocked by major league contributors that are same age or close.

Didi is a guy I'd trade

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

C> Wagon

• 1 month later...

Yankees need pitching...but there isn't really anyone worth trading for. I have faith in Cushman, he is as shrewd and savvy as they come....a trade ninja.

The offense will get better, not that it's been bad, but they have missed sanchez and the phenom torres. They'll both be back after the all star break.

The bullpen has been excellent as expected but they've been overworked....i worry about them down the stretch...robertson, betances, green all have well over the amount of innings and appearance you'd like to see at the all star break.

Boston doesn't lose...but their schedule gets tough in the second half...yankees had a very tough schedule in the first half...and they have the best record against teams over 500...which is nice...their second half schedule gets easier

...but they need to annihilate the orioles...they can't split 4 game series with them..they need to sweep 3 game series with them and take 3 of 4 in 4 game series.

If they find themselves in the wild card c rap shoot, they can blame their record against the o's for it.

All that said, its an exciting young team thay will contend for many years...but they need some pitching...starting and relief. The bullpen is already taxed...theu need innings from the starters to lighten the bullpens load.

Hopefully cashman can pull a rabbit out of his hat...if blame Snell is available, they have to throw the kitchen sink to get him...thay means anyone not named gleyber.

It sucks that a team who will perhaps win 100 games will have it all come down to a one game play in.

yes, that the flaw in the second wildcard...they should follow Japan's lead....best of three with the team with the better record having to win only one game, the team with the lesser record needs to win two games.

They'd have to shorten the regular season by three, actually four games, but who cares. If they're going to make a second wild card, they should make it a little more fair

The dark knight rises?

He's been very good in his last 6 starts..velocity is up, ground balls are plentiful and it looks sustainable.

Could the Yankees swing a deal to bring the dark knight back to Gotham?

I don't hate it..he is trending upwards...and I known hed love to stick it to the mets by coming to the Yankees and being sevys co ace

I think Cleveland just improved their team immensely with "Mr. Hand". Bullpen was their weakness. They have the best manager in the AL so I see them going far...Mejia is a tough price but flags fly forever.

I think Cleveland just improved their team immensely with "Mr. Hand". Bullpen was their weakness. They have the best manager in the AL so I see them going far...Mejia is a tough price but flags fly forever.

yup..great move...high price...but prospects are prospects...cant hold on to all of them

It's going to be interesting to see what The yankees can do.

I'd throw the emts anyone they want not named gleyber for degrom...frazier, Sheffield, the 20 year old freak all of them.

I think they end up with Tyson Ross and possibly britton...or nobody. Cash won't be bullied....every team knows the Yankees want and need pitching and will be holding then hostage for any pitcher....cash won't bend. The only way he does it hits for a d deGrom and I just don't see the nets trading him...especially across town..even if the Yankees off the best package.

Teams have turned down Yankees offers and taken lesser packages from other teams...see pirates gerrit cole.

Im ready to trade Bumgardner. Boston or Yankees bring your best offers.

Boston doesn't have the prospects. That team is in trouble in the near future...one more year of sale and porcello, Betts and boagarts after that...their payroll is obscene...over 250 and their farm system depleted. They have to win a ws this year...which looks like they might or next...cause after that, they're going to be the orioles

• 2 weeks later...

A play in looks inevitable.

yup...31 games over 500 and they're 10 games back in the division. Amazing...its Boston's year...they only have This year and next before their players become free agents and their farm system is one of the worst in the league

yup...31 games over 500 and they're 10 games back in the division. Amazing...its Boston's year...they only have This year and next before their players become free agents and their farm system is one of the worst in the league

Its not like I have a ton of summers left in the chamber Hugh....

C. Waon

Its not like I have a ton of summers left in the chamber Hugh....

C. Waon

come on c, you're a spring chicken...you have plenty of summers left.

The yankees will be world series contenders for the next decade, most likely winning one or two....all of which you'll be around for

• 2 weeks later...

No didi, no judge, no Sanchez, no Chapman, no Robertson, no frazier.

It's too bad..there schedule is insanely easy for the next few weeks. But that's a lot of talent off the field...and they traded away good depth.

Talk about getting hit with injuries at the worst time...at least they have a strangle hold on a wildcard...but they definitely don't want to go west for the one game cap shoot.

They could catch the sox if they were at full strength with their upcoming opponents

come on c, you're a spring chicken...you have plenty of summers left.

The yankees will be world series contenders for the next decade, most likely winning one or two....all of which you'll be around for

LOL....the only time you are ever the optimist is when you are talking about the Yankees....

Okay...when they go to the WS...here is my deal......you find the tickets ...I'll buy the tickets ...and we will have a great time even in that Mall of America stadium they built.

C. Wgaon

LOL....the only time you are ever the optimist is when you are talking about the Yankees....

Okay...when they go to the WS...here is my deal......you find the tickets ...I'll buy the tickets ...and we will have a great time even in that Mall of America stadium they built.

C. Wgaon

i hate that stadium.

But you have a deal..you don't need to buy the tickets....im not broke

C. Wgaon

Safe bet ?