SportsWrath

J.T. Thomas

Sephiroth

...has a negative 14.8 rating over at Pro Football Focus. He was the worst-ranked free agent Jacksonville had. So we got the worst player on a 3-13 team to "come in and compete" for a starting job.

Just an FYI.

I wouldn't rely entirely on stats as the coach moved Thomas all over the board in a variety of positions and experimented with 2 different styles of defenses in 2013 and 2014...one called the "LEO" and the other, the "BEAR", which were creative modifications of old style defenses in the 1980's that worked until the other teams figured out how to exploit them. The defenses were not based in a conventional 4-3 or 3-4 and had a moving or shifting defensive line using a different number of lineman and switching players normal position. It made Fewell's defense look like child's play.

Thomas is a hustler and proved it last year when the Giants were up 21-0 and Thomas sacked Eli, then Eli spit up the ball which was fought over and got kicked towards the end zone and after 4 or 5 guys fought over it, Thomas flew out of nowhere and scooped up the ball for a TD. The lowly Jags came back and beat the Giants - a game I'd just as soon forget.

He's a very active and vocal player, a team leader and both teammates and fans loved him. His downside was stopping the run, but the style of defense the team was using had him focusing on disrupting the passing game or bull rushing the QB. When that is what the coach requires of you, you aren't going to be crowding the line focusing on a RB.

His job was to "disrupt" and he was very versatile being used in all kinds of ways. The name people compare him to is lighter, faster Kawika Mitchell

Personally, I think he is going to be good because he will fit in Spag's defense much better than the chaotic defenses the Jags deployed the last couple of years. Time will tell.

I think Herzlich was one of the best Giant linebackers against the run last season. Granted, that's not much in terms of praise.

I'm so glad that Fewell is gone....there were so many final straws with that guy, but without a doubt, benching Herzlich and Kennard during that game winning Jax was fucking ridiculous.

I think Herzlich was one of the best Giant linebackers against the run last season. Granted, that's not much in terms of praise.

I'm so glad that Fewell is gone....there were so many final straws with that guy, but without a doubt, benching Herzlich and Kennard during that game winning Jax was fucking ridiculous.

Hey I don't mind that fuck up... I'd rather be picking 9th than 13th.