SportsWrath

Well here we go - NFL hires first female official

BleedinBlue

Sarah_Johnson.jpg

This is Sarah Johnson - new NFL official.

I sure hope she pans out better than that fiasco of the "first female place kicker" a while back.

I doubt it will have any effect on a Giants game, but one never knows. Can't be much worse.

I'm always leery about females (other than cheerleaders) on the field.

I can't get the "First Female Place Kicker" trying out for the NFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeraQHC-8xE

She's a ref though.

From what I read she's been doing it as long as the other refs in the NFL.

No reason to think she'll be inferior in any way, besides every year it's the same thing "This is the worst year of offciating I've ever seen" so maybe change should be something welcome in the ref ranks.

It still happens. Maybe less frequently, but it happens. Hopefully not to her, though. This is not mysogonist in any way, just knowing that generally, women's bodies are more fragile than men's, and there is going to be a danger present.

She's a ref though.

From what I read she's been doing it as long as the other refs in the NFL.

No reason to think she'll be inferior in any way, besides every year it's the same thing "This is the worst year of officiating I've ever seen" so maybe change should be something welcome in the ref ranks.

+1000 Not sure where the issue is here.

Something I've been advocating for years really. Woman can get the call wrong just like a man and don't worry, she will. Now I say we take it to the next level and get those cheerleaders off the sideline and have them officiate the game. Now this has to be done properly so I suggest the following:

Mandatory NFL cheerleaders

NFL Cheerleader draft with one year contracts

Home team cheerleaders officiate: Fans pay good money for those seats so its only fair calls should be in favor of the home team.

New uniforms each season

Couple more ideas but I don't want put them all out there just yet.

Something I've been advocating for years really. Woman can get the call wrong just like a man and don't worry, she will. Now I say we take it to the next level and get those cheerleaders off the sideline and have them officiate the game. Now this has to be done properly so I suggest the following:

Mandatory NFL cheerleaders

NFL Cheerleader draft with one year contracts

Home team cheerleaders officiate: Fans pay good money for those seats so its only fair calls should be in favor of the home team.

New uniforms each season

Couple more ideas but I don't want put them all out there just yet.

There's a documentary on youtube I think, I'll try to find it.

NFL cheerleaders get treated like fucking shit by the teams.

They get paid worse then minimum wage, they cant make commission off of team activities things they are involved with, like signing pictures and such.

They get caught doing a single thing wrong they are automatically banned from the NFL, unlike players who can fucking kill someone and they are back in the league next year.

The documentary was pretty old 2006-2007ish but I have to imagine not much has changed.

There's a documentary on youtube I think, I'll try to find it.

NFL cheerleaders get treated like fucking shit by the teams.

They get paid worse then minimum wage, they cant make commission off of team activities things they are involved with, like signing pictures and such.

They get caught doing a single thing wrong they are automatically banned from the NFL, unlike players who can fucking kill someone and they are back in the league next year.

The documentary was pretty old 2006-2007ish but I have to imagine not much has changed.

Well look at that my idea will fix that problem too! Watch how quickly their situation is going to turn around.

As for the murder thing, it was alleged attempted murder and that something you can get away with regardless of where you work. :flex:

It still happens. Maybe less frequently, but it happens. Hopefully not to her, though. This is not mysogonist in any way, just knowing that generally, women's bodies are more fragile than men's, and there is going to be a danger present.

Seeing as most Refs are 60+ I think she'd probably have a better time taking the hit than those guys.

We'll see. She can't be any worse than the replacement officials. You think Hochuli is going to hit that or try? "Hey sweet lips, the gym is that waaaaaay."

Are the "real" refs any better than those replacements? One questionable call and they get the boot. The "real" refs make more than that per week. Anyway she can thank Rice for the hire.

The "real" refs fuck up calls that cost teams wins literally every week, it's just not as big a news story because they aren't under the same microscope.

No the replacements were exceptionally bad but I admit once the regular crews returned the focus shifted away from horrible calls.