Kurt Warner to be inducted into Cards' Ring of Honor
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
  • print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: June 18, 2014 at 04:35 p.m.
  • Updated: June 18, 2014 at 05:16 p.m.

Kurt Warner is locked into history with the Arizona Cardinals.

Team president Michael Bidwill announced Wednesday that the celebrated quarterback will beinducted into the organization's Ring of Honor.

Warner will be honored at halftime of Arizona's regular-season opener, a "Monday Night Football" tilt against the San Diego Chargers at University of Phoenix Stadium.

The evolution of the NFL:

Take a look at how the NFL has evolved from its humble roots, and the efforts being made to ensure it continues to grow.

evolution_120207_250.jpg

His induction is a no-brainer after Warner led theCardinals to their lone Super Bowl appearance during the 2008 season. That title attempt ended in heartbreaking defeat to the Pittsburgh Steelers, but Warner's two division titles and 4-2 postseason record with the team made the former Rams and Giants signal-caller an instant hero to the Arizona faithful.

It's worth noting that Warner's ultimate glories with theCardinals almost never came to be. The veteran was benched in favor of rookie Matt Leinart early on in 2006 before winning his job back for good.

It's a fitting honor for a passer who made a career out of beating the odds, but Warner's highest achievement might still be to come: He's eligible for the Hall of Fame following this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000359985/article/kurt-warner-to-be-inducted-into-cards-ring-of-honor

Some people say he should easily have a seat in the HoF in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Warner's work with St. Louis before Arizona was more impressive. That offense was impressive...in that when Warner threw the ball, it really didn't appear as if he was throwing to anyone...just into space...only to have Bruce or Holt run under it. It's happened in other offenses I'm sure, but with that one, I just remember seeing receivers come out of nowhere, to catch the ball in a previously unoccupied space on the field.

My memory of Kurt Warner...after he left the Giants, in his first game against them, I was at the game. We had upper deck seats, one section over from the section they tended to reserve for the opposing team's fans. Chants of Bren-da, Bren-da echoed throughout the stadium. I laughed, a lot, only to turn to my then girlfriend (who wasn't laughing and sat there with a confused look on her face), and said, "you wouldn't understand".

Warner's work with St. Louis before Arizona was more impressive. That offense was impressive...in that when Warner threw the ball, it really didn't appear as if he was throwing to anyone...just into space...only to have Bruce or Holt run under it. It's happened in other offenses I'm sure, but with that one, I just remember seeing receivers come out of nowhere, to catch the ball in a previously unoccupied space on the field.

My memory of Kurt Warner...after he left the Giants, in his first game against them, I was at the game. We had upper deck seats, one section over from the section they tended to reserve for the opposing team's fans. Chants of Bren-da, Bren-da echoed throughout the stadium. I laughed, a lot, only to turn to my then girlfriend (who wasn't laughing and sat there with a confused look on her face), and said, "you wouldn't understand".

I don't know...those Rams WRs made Marc Bulger look good, too.

My question has always been: How much of it was God and how much of it was Kurt Warner? Surely, both should be in the Cardinals Ring of Honor as well as the Hall.