SportsWrath

Super bowl

DanishGiant

Well the Danish reporters have a way of alllways getting noticed, not sure if i should laugh or hide in shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ud8JjKOgP0

im of to norway skiing with the family, i hope my brother and me can find someway to watch the bowl, anyways take care all and i hope you will have a nice super bowl with friends and family

Official Official Of The Week: Terry “The Rocket” McAulay

640.jpg

Block & Tackle’s official Official Of The Week is Terry “Lightning” McAulay, the referee for Sunday’s Super Bowl. He wears number 77, and you’ve probably seen less of him than any other referee this season. That’s because McAulay is the fastest ref in the league. Where other referees take a few seconds before they announce a call to make sure they get plenty of camera time, Terry “ ” McAulay (so fast his nickname can’t be seen with the naked eye) often adjudicates penalties so quickly that TV crews can’t keep up. The play in the video below, taken from the Seahawks’ divisional-round game, is a good example. By the time Fox commentators Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch see that there’s a flag on the field, McAulay is already halfway done with his announcement:

McAulay may maintain a rapid pace now, but he once presided over one of the slowest calls in the history of the league—a 2001 incident in Cleveland deemed “Bottlegate,” because scandals are always named by the least creative people in the room. After the Cleveland Browns’ final drive was ended by a somewhat bungled replay review process (albeit one that resulted in the correct call), Browns fans went nuts, hurling bottles and other trash at the field. Seeing that the situation was only getting uglier, McAulay declared the game over with 48 seconds on the clock. “That is the end of the game!” he declared in a truly badass officiating moment—at least, it would be badass if McAulay didn’t sound like his life was flashing before his eyes.

A little while later, then-commissioner Paul Tagliabue ordered the teams and the officials back on the field to finish the game with two meaningless kneel-down plays, which was such a jerk move. How many times in his life does a referee get to walk out there and end the game through the awesome power of the whistle? Almost never. Tagliabue should have let the poor ref have his moment. Congratulations to Terry McAulay, the official Official Of The Week.

2 picks in the first half.

I don't think Peyton choked.

The first was a poor throw under duress. It happens.

the second one was a product of poor blocking and a runningback who couldn't be bothered to come back to the fluttering, deflected pass.

Lots of people on the Broncos choked.... I don't think Peyton was one of them. Its not like it was an evenly matched game until he pulled a Romo. That game was over from the first snap.

I agree with CD. Peyton got almost no help. Even the first pick it looked like Julius Thomas had a shot at it but let it go by without a real effort. He could've gone up to get that one. He may not have even turned his head around to locate the ball. I thought the Denver receivers pressed in this game. I thought they were intimidated by the Seattle defense and it impacted their focus and were less aggressive. Demaryius letting the ball get punched out, but also several times not turning up field with aggression, anticipating hits that weren't there. Their special teams were a mess, the defense didn't contain Wilson or rattle him, and the game couldn't really have started much worse with the bad snap and safety. Overall I thought the only one who really showed up and didn't shrink from the moment was Peyton.

I agree with CD. Peyton got almost no help. Even the first pick it looked like Julius Thomas had a shot at it but let it go by without a real effort. He could've gone up to get that one. He may not have even turned his head around to locate the ball. I thought the Denver receivers pressed in this game. I thought they were intimidated by the Seattle defense and it impacted their focus and were less aggressive. Demaryius letting the ball get punched out, but also several times not turning up field with aggression, anticipating hits that weren't there. Their special teams were a mess, the defense didn't contain Wilson or rattle him, and the game couldn't really have started much worse with the bad snap and safety. Overall I thought the only one who really showed up and didn't shrink from the moment was Peyton.

I don't know about that. The book on peyton is he can't stand pressure. how did he not know it would be coming? he has a lot to do with the game plan and it seemed to me that his ego got in the way of a smart plan. probably would've lost anyway, but the best player on the field has to show up. IF he didn't shrink from the moment, he did a good disappearing act. A 24 Passer rating is a complete breakdown. And this is from someone who thinks he's best ever.

Yeah, DT was the real choke artist in this game. He played the worst game I've ever seen him play.

You have Matt Fucking Prater, the holder of the record for longest field goal in league history, arguably strongest leg in the league....KICK THE FUCKING BALL OUT THE BACK OF THE END ZONE! Are you kidding me with that pop up shit? I know I'm not the only one who immediately thought kick return TD as soon as they popped the ball up to Harvin.

You have Matt Fucking Prater, the holder of the record for longest field goal in league history, arguably strongest leg in the league....KICK THE FUCKING BALL OUT THE BACK OF THE END ZONE! Are you kidding me with that pop up shit? I know I'm not the only one who immediately thought kick return TD as soon as they popped the ball up to Harvin.

I believe that is due to the altitude in Denver.

I gotta believe they popped it up because they felt they had a chance to get the ball back with a kick that bounced around. But yeah, you bomb that shit outta the back of the endzone.

Not that it mattered, the game was over as soon as the safety occurred.

I gotta believe they popped it up because they felt they had a chance to get the ball back with a kick that bounced around. But yeah, you bomb that shit outta the back of the endzone.

Maybe, but that return was the nail in the coffin...had they come out and made a stop on defense, who knows.

Agreed 100%, I said this as soon as it happened. Not fucking good. They look baffled.