SportsWrath

Mike Shula Sucks

Lughead

I assumed he meant the 11-12 season which was our last Super Bowl, lol. Which was indeed 7 years/seasons ago. There are no teams in the league with a roster comprised of players entirely in their late 20s early 30s. The single constant has been Eli Manning. Youre saying that the wind has to be just right, the moon has to be full, it has to be a Sunday in December, and he has to have a full 7 seconds of a clear pocket to be successful. Im sorry, but it just cant happen. He is not a play maker at quarter back and that is absolutely a huge problem in todays NFL.

LOL it is football not perfect celestial alignment. Plenty of teams in the NFL can run block and pass protect, Giants are still figuring that out. I'm saying the Giants have to run the ball more and become effective at it. They need to do a better job in pass protection. Now if you think they have been getting the job done in those categories but Eli Manning is holding back the offense, you're wrong. Eli is lucky to get 5 seconds, never mind 7 seconds.

LOL it is football not perfect celestial alignment. Plenty of teams in the NFL can run block and pass protect, Giants are still figuring that out. I'm saying the Giants have to run the ball more and become effective at it. They need to do a better job in pass protection. Now if you think they have been getting the job done in those categories but Eli Manning is holding back the offense, you're wrong. Eli is lucky to get 5 seconds, never mind 7 seconds.

I guess what Im saying is that its pretty tough to have all of those conditions every year and there are teams out there who experience success without one and sometimes more of those conditions.

I guess what Im saying is that its pretty tough to have all of those conditions every year and there are teams out there who experience success without one and sometimes more of those conditions.

Giants have been one of those teams and they all lack consistency in winning. It was damn near impossible to achieve that with Jerry Reese because he just never got it.

Beckham on ESPN asking how come the team cant throw the ball 20 yards down field and how come they cant or wont attempt to throw the ball 20 yards downfield?

Sounds like he knows the answer is Manning and Shurmur.

Beckham on ESPN asking how come the team cant throw the ball 20 yards down field and how come they cant or wont attempt to throw the ball 20 yards downfield?

You are reading your own conclusion into it. It only really sounds like he has an opinion, and what that specific opinion may be is anybody's guess.

Since we're guessing, I think he's referring to Manning and the pass protection.

I'm not one who is looking forward to the return of the Eli Manning that just threw it up there and hoped for the best that is when he gets into trouble. Beckham is a guy who I think is better than 50/50 in those situations but until we get defenses to respect the run, I see more problems than successes.

Can you imagine Beckham in an offense like the Kurt Warner Rams or Aaron Rodgers Packers?

What I don't get...in a copycat league...is how some OC or HC can scheme a play to consistently have a WR running free....and we can't with the playmakers we have.

I am quick to blame the lack of offensive line...but some of these other plays happen in 2 seconds or so with a WR getting YAC...

I think...we devote attention to the line this offseason in a big, big way. If we're picking top 5...we still go with the line.

A good line, good RB in Barkley, and a good WR in Beckham can certainly help the new QB come along quicker when that time cones

Can you imagine Beckham in an offense like the Kurt Warner Rams or Aaron Rodgers Packers?

What I don't get...in a copycat league...is how some OC or HC can scheme a play to consistently have a WR running free....and we can't with the playmakers we have.

I am quick to blame the lack of offensive line...but some of these other plays happen in 2 seconds or so with a WR getting YAC...

I think...we devote attention to the line this offseason in a big, big way. If we're picking top 5...we still go with the line.

A good line, good RB in Barkley, and a good WR in Beckham can certainly help the new QB come along quicker when that time cones

That's the thing I dont understand about Shurmur.

Diggs is at his best on the skill level as Evan Engram, at most.

OBJ is literally the best WR the Giants have and probably will ever have in the franchise history.

Diggs was a star with Shurmur.

OBJ is being used like a distraction, and he cant run anything more than a 5 yard curl route.

What in the flying fuck is going on?

I know the Vikings Oline is atleast a top half of the league unit, and the Giants is probably in the bottom 10, but how fucking hard is it to plan a game where;

Barkley gets as many touches as possible.

OBJ gets targeted as much as possible.

I understand Eli still has to throw it to OBJ, but the Barkley touches and the lack of OBJ even being ran downfield is fucking asinine.