SportsWrath

Report: Giants attempting to trade Flowers

mastershake

Last year, 2 mil cap hit, first round pedigree, bad o-lines around the league. Wouldnt surprise me if someone took a flyer. Sammy Watkins is still getting paid and teams are still giving up value for him because of that firsr round pedigree

Him not showing up to me tells the whole story of why he sucks. He is mentally weak. Cant take the heat.

I wouldn't call it all of that... I think he's stressed out and who wouldn't be given the spotlight... At the end of the day these OTAs are voluntary... sure it would have been better for him to show up and put in the work at RT and get his act together but... it is what it is at this point.

I wouldn't call it all of that... I think he's stressed out and who wouldn't be given the spotlight... At the end of the day these OTAs are voluntary... sure it would have been better for him to show up and put in the work at RT and get his act together but... it is what it is at this point.

a professional football player, that's who.

Flowers has outed himself as somebody who doesn't belong in the league.

(Assuming he wasn't asked to stay away, of course).

I'm just not sure how many teams are going to be interested in a guy who has at least 4-5 plays per game where he literally doesn't touch the defender he's assigned to, and instead runs around in a circle.

Or as I like to call it, "The Mime".

I think he might be OK with a change of scenery and play on the right side. Hope he is able to be successful for another team and has a worthy career. I wish him all the best - the guy certainly put in the effort and tried, he just wasnt talented enough to be an effective left tackle - thats all. I blame out scouts for that shit.

I think he might be OK with a change of scenery and play on the right side. Hope he is able to be successful for another team and has a worthy career. I wish him all the best - the guy certainly put in the effort and tried, he just wasnt talented enough to be an effective left tackle - thats all. I blame out scouts for that shit.

Didn't he get one of our OL coaches fired cause he didn't like the way he coached?

Didn't he get one of our OL coaches fired cause he didn't like the way he coached?

I don't think he got him fired, but honestly, Pat Flaherty hadn't developed on O-lineman since we drafted David Diehl and signed Rich Seubert. Like Reese, he was living on a great corp of work from a dozen years earlier.

Also to be fair though, it's not like any of Reese's picks in that time went on to other teams and had success either.

Yeah they will lower their demands. Nobody trading for him is thinking theyll end up picking up the fifth year option so the giants cant expect what theyre expecting. Theres zero movement on the cap if they cut him so that might end up happening too if they arent impressed with his attitude

I dont think the Giants should give up on him.... he may do very well at RT.

If he grows up and takes the move as a challenge rather than taking his ball and going home.

I actually feel pretty bad for Flowers. He's done everything the team's asked him to do.. played hurt... lost weight... has been a mainstay at the facility in the offseason. It must be really rough to try your ass off and still fail in the public eye, especially if you're a 23 year old kid who's been lauded for his athleticism his entire life.

When I look at him, I don't see a bad person or a slacker like he's being made out to be, I just see a really frustrated kid.

I actually feel pretty bad for Flowers. He's done everything the team's asked him to do.. played hurt... lost weight... has been a mainstay at the facility in the offseason. It must be really rough to try your ass off and still fail in the public eye, especially if you're a 23 year old kid who's been lauded for his athleticism his entire life.

When I look at him, I don't see a bad person or a slacker like he's being made out to be, I just see a really frustrated kid.

I would even go as far to say, as he seemed to improve some this past year... and a move to RT seems like it could help him out even more. But not showing up with the rest of the team last week was a shitty move to make.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping Flowers saw Shurmur kind of defending him in the media this weekend and just decided to try being a better Giant this week.

In other news...

Adam Bisnowaty just got cut so can't say I'm surprised, I prefer to get all the disappointing Reese players off the roster sooner rather than later.

I'm hoping Flowers saw Shurmur kind of defending him in the media this weekend and just decided to try being a better Giant this week.

In other news...

Adam Bisnowaty just got cut so can't say I'm surprised, I prefer to get all the disappointing Reese players off the roster sooner rather than later.

I was wondering that too. Shurm basically said that players should keep their mouths shut to the media about other players' business.

And yeah, I never understood the Bisnowaty love. Dude was a sixth-round draft pick that didn't do much in college and had a bad scouting report... but hey, he looks like a Viking! "Can he be our starter at LT?"

Spoiler alert: No.

I was wondering that too. Shurm basically said that players should keep their mouths shut to the media about other players' business.

And yeah, I never understood the Bisnowaty love. Dude was a sixth-round draft pick that didn't do much in college and had a bad scouting report... but hey, he looks like a Viking! "Can he be our starter at LT?"

Spoiler alert: No.

lol