SportsWrath

Shockey and Toomer fight on Twitter

Treehugger

Shockey's interest in Giants draws Twitter fire from Toomer

• NFL.com

Fresh off watching the New York Giants win a Super Bowl without his services, tight end Jeremy Shockey reportedly wants back in with Big Blue.

Reuter: Chain reaction

c_reuter_12016_65x90.jpg

How will this year's free agency impact April's draft?
Chad Reuter
examines the fallout of some notable developments.

Shockey has informed the Giants that he'd like to reunite with the franchise that hosted the first six seasons of his career, the New York Daily News reported Thursday.

Shockey told the Giants he would accept the veteran-minimum salary of $925,000, a source familiar with the situation told The Star-Ledger, but even his most loyal supporters within the building "resisted the idea of his return," according to the newspaper.

One former teammate, Amani Toomer, expressed his disinterest in seeing Shockey suit up for the Giants again.

"No!!Shockey"I will never play4 you again!"he yelled at jerry Reese in 08. Let him keep his word. Bad teammate, worse person," Toomer wrote on Twitter in response to the Daily News' report.

Shockey wasted no time in responding.

"Go get a bucket of rocks and start throwing them at your glass house," he tweeted back at Toomer.

The Giants reached terms on a one-year, $2.5 million contract with former Dallas Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Wednesday. The team remains thin at the position after Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum both tore their anterior cruciate ligaments during Super Bowl XLVI.

Shockey had a tumultuous tenure with the Giants from 2002 to 2007 before spending the next three seasons with the New Orleans Saints. He caught 37 passes for 455 yards with four touchdowns as a member of the Panthers in 2011, his first season in Carolina.

That's a little un-Toomer-like.

Agreed. Toomer has always been pure class.....so I'm thinking Shockey has to be a mega-Ahole to draw this kind of reaction from him.

That's a little un-Toomer-like.

Shows how strongly he feels about it...between Shockey, MeMe, AndIshootedmyselfindaleg....all three were major Eli detractors on and off the field. Locker room cancers all. Fuck Shockey...let him drink himself out of the league somewhere else.

Shows how strongly he feels about it...between Shockey, MeMe, AndIshootedmyselfindaleg....all three were major Eli detractors on and off the field. Locker room cancers all. Fuck Shockey...let him drink himself out of the league somewhere else.

I still believe none of them had any sort of effect on Eli.

You honestly think Eli would let them get to him?

uh oh, dads home:

@JeremyShockey @AmaniAToomer What's going on with you two?

https://twitter.com/.../michaelstrahan

more from strahan:

@JeremyShockey @AmaniAToomer Shockey u were one of the hardest working guys I ever played with...100% truth! Weren't a bad teammate to me

@JeremyShockey @AmaniAToomer Toomer you worked your ass off to be great and I respect you both and appreciate playing with both.

Dudes

Toomer has been bashing Shockey in radio and tv interviews for the past 3 years!!!

Bashing!!! Hardcore bashing!!!

This ^^^

He straight up said the turning point in Eli's development was Shockey getting hurt in 06-07....that the huddle was unstable with Shockey there.

-Z

This ^^^

He straight up said the turning point in Eli's development was Shockey getting hurt in 06-07....that the huddle was unstable with Shockey there.

-Z

i agree with toomer. although toomer had his best years because shockey was a threat. it's a slippery slope.

Fuck Shockey. He was overrated when he was here, and looked like shit when he was gone. Talked about going to a better QB when he went to the Saints (but watching Brees chew that fuck out on the sidelines was fun, I'll admit that) and now he wants to come back!?

No. I'd rather see Pascoe as our starter than that happening. Bear might not be an attraction in our offense, but at least he wouldn't be a distraction.

If I want to see a circus, I'll go to one.

Fuck Shockey. He was overrated when he was here, and looked like shit when he was gone. Talked about going to a better QB when he went to the Saints (but watching Brees chew that fuck out on the sidelines was fun, I'll admit that) and now he wants to come back!?

No. I'd rather see Pascoe as our starter than that happening. Bear might not be an attraction in our offense, but at least he wouldn't be a distraction.

If I want to see a circus, I'll go to one.

Or.. watch the Jets :rimshot: