SportsWrath

I just want to know who?

NeMesiS

Who the fuck is in charge of evaluating the fucking the offensive line? Who the fuck? Beside Reese! I want to know who's actually looked at this line and said "Championship "?

It's sad.

It's on Reese (the OL/Flowers), but sadly, Perkins is JAG with good feet and vision nothing else..and not feautirig Marshall today was criminally incompetent of the coaching and Eli

I don't what these coaches and scouts and evaluators are getting paid millions for if you don't realize how fucking pisspoor fuckall cuntpasty our OL is. Looks like the Giants and the Seahawks coaches and personnel were having a circle jerk gangbang during offseason high on some potent shit

FWIW:

I expected us to lose last night... Dallas.. at home.. with a much better OL than us.. our OL sucks. Secondly, their star player was not suspended and our star player was sidelined with an injury. I felt Marshall should've stepped up... he didn't seem to get separation which is why Eli seldom targeted him... not the other way around. The reason our OL sucks and we couldn't repair it in the offseason is because teams don't let go of good or even decent OLs... what you have is the malcontents overpaid fat guys.. which is what we have now... Stop the maddness... it's the first game... on the road... against a very good team.

Its not about losing.

FWIW:

I expected us to lose last night... Dallas.. at home.. with a much better OL than us.. our OL sucks. Secondly, their star player was not suspended and our star player was sidelined with an injury. I felt Marshall should've stepped up... he didn't seem to get separation which is why Eli seldom targeted him... not the other way around. The reason our OL sucks and we couldn't repair it in the offseason is because teams don't let go of good or even decent OLs... what you have is the malcontents overpaid fat guys.. which is what we have now... Stop the maddness... it's the first game... on the road... against a very good team.

Its not at all about losing. Its about having 2 first downs at the half and scoring just 3 points. Thats the issue

Its not about losing.

Its not at all about losing. Its about having 2 first downs at the half and scoring just 3 points. Thats the issue

I understand... but they're all connected. I'm not exactly giving an excuse... last night's game sucked. All I'm saying is the sky isn't falling... whether you lose by one point or a 100, it's just one L.

We knew it was going to be a problem...and yet still, folks are surprised. I do think Eli took a couple sacks where he could've gotten rid of the ball and I do think that we ran it a little better than I expected. That said, I thought all week that Beckham was going to play and the holding him in limbo was just a way to keep Dallas guessing.

I still think it's shit that Elliott got to play. I see a whole lot of Michael Irvin in that asshole and that's only going to fuel more Cowboys hatred.

Frustrating, because we knew the problem and didn't seem to do anything to fix it except sign Fluker. If they don't do something to fix the offensive line, Eli may not get to pass his brother on the consecutive starts list.

It's only one game, so I'm not going to lose my mind... but still, the same problems from last season that didn't seem to be addressed in the offseason cropped up again.

La'el Collins and Forrest Lamp sure look like they could have helped this team more than Evan Engram and Mykkele Thompson though. Not just that, but I'm not sure we even have our five best starters out there... Jones and Fluker both looked better to me in preseason than Jerry).

The coach isn't afraid to call out pretty much any member of the team when they play poorly... I'm not sure why the O-line keeps getting treated with kid gloves. They're awful.

It's only one game, so I'm not going to lose my mind... but still, the same problems from last season that didn't seem to be addressed in the offseason cropped up again.

La'el Collins and Forrest Lamp sure look like they could have helped this team more than Evan Engram and Mykkele Thompson though. Not just that, but I'm not sure we even have our five best starters out there... Jones and Fluker both looked better to me in preseason than Jerry).

The coach isn't afraid to call out pretty much any member of the team when they play poorly... I'm not sure why the O-line keeps getting treated with kid gloves. They're awful.

I can't be mad at the Engram pic... part of fixing the offense is also fixing the TE position.... and it's not like the team hadn't invested enough picks at the OL position... Fucking Flowers looks like a huge bust and that's very hard for any NFL team to overcome.

Yeah, I give flowers until midseason and then I'm done with him entirely. Hart didn't really impress me either. I hadn't seen any preseason games, so I can't speak to how either did. If they played well, maybe I'd be less critical now. But that line has 3 guys taking turns shitting the bed between Flowers, Jerry, and Hart.

That's why my top two choices in the draft were Bolles and Ramczyk. Both are starting LTs right now. Bolles has looked really good for the Broncos, btw. We didn't have a shot at him without trading up, but we could've taken Ramczyk. Ramczyk held Everson Griffen to 0 sacks and 0 pressures week 1. I do like Engram, a lot. But he isn't going to help our team more than a real LT would who would stalemate pressure from the blindside.

As for what they saw in Flowers? Power. He absolutely destroyed guys. Physically dominant. But I'll be honest, I mostly saw that in the run game in his college, and we don't really try to run the ball for some crazy reason.

The organization continues to make picks that are fine in a bubble, but do nothing to really help the team. Engram was supposed to be the seam buster in this offense. Week 1, they don't run him up the seam at all. What the fuck. Also, here is a short list of RB's the Giants could've taken instead of Davis Webb:

D'Onta Foreman

Jamaal Williams

Tarik Cohen

Marlon Mack

James Conner

Samaje Perine

Donnell Pumphrey

Some of those guys I woudn't have taken before Gallman, so I don't want to be too much of a MMQB, and I do like Gallman. But Foreman has the look of the power back we really could use. So does Perine. This team needs to run the ball with authority, and it's criminal that McAdoo would prefer to throw two and three yard dinks and dunks when you can get that through a power running game.

Vast improvement by Flowers will make this all moot, but I don't know how anyone can see that happening at this point. He's had a LOT of time.

That's why my top two choices in the draft were Bolles and Ramczyk. Both are starting LTs right now. Bolles has looked really good for the Broncos, btw. We didn't have a shot at him without trading up, but we could've taken Ramczyk. Ramczyk held Everson Griffen to 0 sacks and 0 pressures week 1. I do like Engram, a lot. But he isn't going to help our team more than a real LT would who would stalemate pressure from the blindside.

As for what they saw in Flowers? Power. He absolutely destroyed guys. Physically dominant. But I'll be honest, I mostly saw that in the run game in his college, and we don't really try to run the ball for some crazy reason.

The organization continues to make picks that are fine in a bubble, but do nothing to really help the team. Engram was supposed to be the seam buster in this offense. Week 1, they don't run him up the seam at all. What the fuck. Also, here is a short list of RB's the Giants could've taken instead of Davis Webb:

D'Onta Foreman

Jamaal Williams

Tarik Cohen

Marlon Mack

James Conner

Samaje Perine

Donnell Pumphrey

Some of those guys I woudn't have taken before Gallman, so I don't want to be too much of a MMQB, and I do like Gallman. But Foreman has the look of the power back we really could use. So does Perine. This team needs to run the ball with authority, and it's criminal that McAdoo would prefer to throw two and three yard dinks and dunks when you can get that through a power running game.

Vast improvement by Flowers will make this all moot, but I don't know how anyone can see that happening at this point. He's had a LOT of time.

I will defend the Davis Webb pick till the day I die... and 7 days after that. The kid has the potential to be a star. Our problem isn't the RB... it's the OL.. the OL.. the OL... and Eli if we want a dose of an uneasy truth.

I know you're on board with Webb. I'm not saying I'm not...but there is a very real chance he'll never play for the Giants. He's unlikely to this year and probably not next, and if we're really going in for another Lombardi, we could've used that pick for another talent to help now.

D'Onta Foreman

Jamaal Williams

Tarik Cohen

Marlon Mack

James Conner

Samaje Perine

Donnell Pumphrey

I've been saying more or less the same thing. In Eli's twilight years, we're trying to build a team around the WRs and pass-catching TEs instead of the offensive line and running game. I hope it works, but seems like the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

What the fuck. Also, here is a short list of RB's the Giants could've taken instead of Davis Webb:

D'Onta Foreman

Jamaal Williams

Tarik Cohen

Marlon Mack

James Conner

Samaje Perine

Donnell Pumphrey

I dont understand this thinking.

"They could of drafted these players over these players"

Like hindsight isnt 20/20.

I've been saying more or less the same thing. In Eli's twilight years, we're trying to build a team around the WRs and pass-catching TEs instead of the offensive line and running game. I hope it works, but seems like the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

My guess the feeling is Eli is sub par and drafting Davis Webb to maybe be our Dak Prescot or Aaron Rodgers was behind drafting Webb... I do agree that going with a TE over an OL is fruitless.... but at some point you'd have to recognize does the line suck that bad or has Eli been bad?

I dont understand this thinking.

"They could of drafted these players over these players"

Like hindsight isnt 20/20.

Correct, just saying these players were available when they took Davis. Personally, I wanted them to take Perine there, would've been happy with D'Onta Foreman also, but I acknowledge that Foreman they might've known was a character flag (weapons, drug charges in July).