SportsWrath

Garbage offense. Macadoo sucks..

osi724dasack

no, seriously, Eli played scared last night. There were plays that he had time and he did not set his feet. The OL was bad, but last night wasn't on the OL. Put on film of Eli from 2011 and compare it to now --- the protection is similar, but the QB is chickenshit by comparison.

A lot of it was on the OL. The way it started the spooking began. Eli at 36 is trying to not get injured and be the best man behind center - Eli in 2011 was ready to take risks. Thats the difference. Eli will remain spooked until the line can show it can protect. And frankly I think ODB is our offense and without him we were clueless. Eli didnt know who to look for

A lot of it was on the OL. The way it started the spooking began. Eli at 36 is trying to not get injured and be the best man behind center - Eli in 2011 was ready to take risks. Thats the difference. Eli will remain spooked until the line can show it can protect. And frankly I think ODB is our offense and without him we were clueless. Eli didnt know who to look for

well shit, I hope you're wrong, because yes it started ugly up front, but everybody gets sacked sometimes. If that's where Eli is in his career, one hit and he goes into a shell, well then that just means he's done.

Its early though, weird shit happens week 1. But Eli was unsettled in the pocket last night, he was seeing the pass rushers, not the play unfolding downfield.

And keep in mind, that was against Dallas's D, an alleged mediocre defense. Just wait till we play tougher D's.

I said that in the game thread. If this is how we play against the Dallas defense, what's going to happen when we start playing good ones?

Their D is improving for sure. Still, Eli thinks he's about to get hit when he isn't and he seems to have a few games like that every year--the Vikings game last year immediately comes to mind.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, whitworth should've been our day 1 signing, not Marshall. See rams offensive line yesterday

Their D is improving for sure. Still, Eli thinks he's about to get hit when he isn't and he seems to have a few games like that every year--the Vikings game last year immediately comes to mind.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, whitworth should've been our day 1 signing, not Marshall. See rams offensive line yesterday

Marshall has often had big games and disappear games.

Time to fire Macadoo...

3 points..

No targets to Marshall..

Pathetic..

Seen enough

How many times was BM open?

Probably the only play was late in the 4th when Eli missed him badly in a panic throw... other than that and from what little was shown BM wasn't getting open.

Or, maybe the Dallas defense isn't that bad.

They do appear to be getting good linebacker play out of Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith.

Speaking of good linebacker play, 14 tackles for BJ Goodson last night. There was nary a play that he wasn't around the ball. That guy is a keeper.

I wasn't high on Goodson and have been really pissed that we haven't drafted or signed a decent linebacker for the past ten years, but I have to admit early returns sure look good.

It's about time we hit on a late-round LB. Like I've always said... the 26th time's the charm.

His stats were literally cut in half last year. From 109/1500/14 to 59/788/3 on the same team with the same quarterback and with Matt forte added to the team. I can buy that even if he's declining he's a nice piece to have and we needed a decent outside receiver, but there's no way that should take priority over signing o-linemen--and there WERE offensive linemen available to help this team. Whitworth is an all-pro level tackle who we wouldn't have had to give a lengthy contract to because he's 35. His deal is 3 years 33 mil 5 mil guaranteed, he comes off the books the same time as Eli, and if he loses it by year three you cut him and save 11 mil in his last year. Meanwhile the o-line is salvaged for a two year window that this team has the talent to compete for a Super Bowl while Eli is 36 and 37. I'd rather have that and Roger Lewis on the outside

I'm not into the doom and gloom or over-analyzing based on week 1, but our issues go back 8 games into last season. Opposing defenses in this league smell blood. They know they can bully around this offensive line and give Eli happy feet. I think we're going to be challenged to put up 20 points per game this season.