SportsWrath

Giants vs Lions 2018 preseason game day thread

Lughead

Very impressed with the QB play tonight. Webb outplayed every backup QB we've had on the roster in the last twenty years tonight not named Warner. Maybe it is the coaching/player talent or a little of both. Lauletta impressed me with the run TD and the block. The TE's need to get better at blocking because I think we are going to see a lot more of them this season. Defense played great yet I still don't see the answer for the middle of the field. Looks as open as it has ever been.

You think about it, Eli is gone in a couple years, the team is going to have the best WR/TE/RB combo in the NFL, what young QB wouldnt want to come here?

Im excited. I personally wish we can see Webb start the season. No joke, just not that excited to see Eli anymore. I think the o-line and Eli just tainted Elis image to me.

And whats up with flowers? Is it finally time to cut ties with him?

Im excited. I personally wish we can see Webb start the season. No joke, just not that excited to see Eli anymore. I think the o-line and Eli just tainted Elis image to me.

Flowers is Flowers. I don't think it matters where he lines up. No point in cutting Flowers, we are thin at tackle and he is the best option this season.

If they come out and struggle to move the ball to begin the season, I think they have to consider one of the young QBs.

If they come out and struggle to move the ball to begin the season, I think they have to consider one of the young QBs.

Eli is just super slow and seems like his pocket presence has gotten way worse. Idk

Just like one half of bad preseason football from web was no reason to get excited one good half is not either. If Eli comes out week one against Jacksonville and the giants only score 12 points.....

Just like one half of bad preseason football from web was no reason to get excited one good half is not either. If Eli comes out week one against Jacksonville and the giants only score 12 points.....

In a new offensive system with a new oline against last years top defense? I'd be elated with 17.

Well you say that after watching one pre season game.

Eli comes out week one and throws 4TDs and 300 yards and people wont want to see Webb.

Sure. Eli hasnt looked good though and Im starting to get excited for a young QB who can move.

In a new offensive system with a new oline against last years top defense? I'd be elated with 17.

Well if you are going to play a defense like that best case is that your offense is brand new so there really is no tape to breakdown on it

Well if you are going to play a defense like that best case is that your offense is brand new so there really is no tape to breakdown on it

true, but on the other side of that, defenses are usually ahead of offenses in the early weeks.... so I'm not going to panic if the Jaguars shut the Giants offense down.