SportsWrath

Mets vs. Phillies

jranieli

I am sorry, I so far has struck out 123 times and is on pace to strike out over 225 times. That is way more than Kingman has ever striked out but the batting averages are close. Howard did bat .313 two years ago. Obviously to potential is there but too much swinging for the fences.

Man I am so pumped, we have an All Star and he leads the league in a categorical stat. You know, Billy Benitez, blown saves #1 in the NL

BTW I wonder if the lack of respect for the all star game by this team of guys who have seemed to play with a sense of entitlement for the better part of a year has lit a fire under their ass. 5 runs in 2 innings in a game that in essence is as huge as you have had all year. Wow, wake me up! :rock:

Man I am so pumped, we have an All Star and he leads the league in a categorical stat. You know, Billy Benitez, blown saves #1 in the NL

BTW I wonder if the lack of respect for the all star game by this team of guys who have seemed to play with a sense of entitlement for the better part of a year has lit a fire under their ass. 5 runs in 2 innings in a game that in essence is as huge as you have had all year. Wow, wake me up! :rock:

At least we wont have to rely on him tonight. Now no more runs, we don't want them blowing their load for the next series. We needs those runs.

man we should have swept this series. We have outplayed them for most of it.

Tomorrow is Lincecum, probably lose 2-1 <_<

work his pitch count and hope he leaves after 7 with us trailing by only 1 or 2

woah that was close. I could not believe that. Would have been an amazing comeback, something the Mets cannot do but when you get helped by the umps, anything can happen.

that revrsed home run was bullshit, but who cares we won.

that revrsed home run was bullshit, but who cares we won.

Yep a win is a win and first time we have had more wins than losses since June 5th. I am not surprised that the Phillies almost came back. They have a good offense besides Howard. He just hits balls that goi around 300 ft to the corners and strikes out a bunch.

No Ggirl in this thread since page 1. :P Just sayin'! Nothin' but love for ya, Ggirl!

Pssssst! We're gonna win the division!

I am quite disappointed that no Phils fans have come to our little humble section to interject some of their thoughts into the recent battles between their NL east champs and the surging Mets. It was quite a treat to read their thoughts through most of this season and particularly last September when they were on that magical ride. Truly a real disappointment.

I am quite disappointed that no Phils fans have come to our little humble section to interject some of their thoughts into the recent battles between their NL east champs and the surging Mets. It was quite a treat to read their thoughts through most of this season and particularly last September when they were on that magical ride. Truly a real disappointment.

I'll say the same thing today that I said a month or two ago when half the Met fans here were giving up on the team - the Mets are simply too talented to suck like that all season long. I knew the Phils would go cold, and I knew the Mets would get hot. What suprises me is that the Phillies, who've played like shit pretty much since the beginning of June are still in first place even after a skid that long and that ugly.

I expect it to be a tight race between the Mets and the Phils from here on out. I'm still not convinced by the Marlins, I just get the feeling that they're gonna fizzle out for some reason.

Okay, okay...so you took this series, gentlemen. Congratulations.

As of today, I believe your team has taken 9 of the last 10 games played. Impressive.

I was not here to "interject" because for the last week (since July 5th), I have been basking in the sun on a fabulous beach. I leave my computer back in PA and take a break, every once in a while. :)

I see you have kept yourselves busy...bashing my "little league" park. I'm sure it makes you feel better that Howard and Burrell and Utley's home runs are just otherwise fly balls in any other park. Have any comments about how well a ball flys out for a home run in the thin air of Colorado? How many HR's did your boys get in that little league park anyway? Do you think they weren't legit? hmmm.

Looking good tonight. Good luck. You may gain some more ground. Cheers boys. ;)

Okay, okay...so you took this series, gentlemen. Congratulations.

As of today, I believe your team has taken 9 of the last 10 games played. Impressive.

I was not here to "interject" because for the last week (since July 5th), I have been basking in the sun on a fabulous beach. I leave my computer back in PA and take a break, every once in a while. :)

I see you have kept yourselves busy...bashing my "little league" park. I'm sure it makes you feel better that Howard and Burrell and Utley's home runs are just otherwise fly balls in any other park. Have any comments about how well a ball flys out for a home run in the thin air of Colorado? How many HR's did your boys get in that little league park anyway? Do you think they weren't legit? hmmm.

Looking good tonight. Good luck. You may gain some more ground. Cheers boys. ;)

Don't think the Mets hit too many homers against the Rockies in the thin air. They have this weekend at home though :TU:

Just to clarify things, the Mets did take that series and have taken EACH series they have played against the Phils this year. 7-3 to be exact.

Don't think the Mets hit too many homers against the Rockies in the thin air. They have this weekend at home though :TU:

Just to clarify things, the Mets did take that series and have taken EACH series they have played against the Phils this year. 7-3 to be exact.

You guys totally rock! :TU: