SportsWrath

Mets vs. Phillies 7:10 P.M.

RandolphScott

Nice inning. I'll take that shit errors and all.

Damn fellas, I'm pretty frustrated too, but I haven't seen one positive comment. Especially this inning where they've driven the ball around the field pretty good.

You wont fine any positive comments here. No lead is safe with this bullpen.

Nice inning. I'll take that shit errors and all.

Damn fellas, I'm pretty frustrated too, but I haven't seen one positive comment. Especially this inning where they've driven the ball around the field pretty good.

[/quote

I hate Minaya so much that its becoming hard for me to root for them. When that arrogant mother f-er fires Willie and blames him in a press conference, I just might bolt.

Willie is no Billy Martin, but Minaya is no John Schuerholz either. I think Willie knows he is no Martin, Omar thinks his shit don't stink.

Teuf, what part of Philly do you live in? Cause I played some matches in Philly

and played schools like Holy Family and the University of Sciences, are you close to them?

Have you heard of the cheese steak place "Steve's"?

I grew up in South Philly, but I live in the suburbs right outside of SW Philly now. Holy Family is on the other side of the city from me, that's in the NE section. U of Sciences is right in University City, I'm only about 15 minutes away from there.

Is it Steve's Prince of steaks? That's up in the NE section too, right near the Nabisco plant.

I grew up in South Philly, but I live in the suburbs right outside of SW Philly now. Holy Family is on the other side of the city from me, that's in the NE section. U of Sciences is right in University City, I'm only about 15 minutes away from there.

Is it Steve's Prince of steaks? That's up in the NE section too, right near the Nabisco plant.

Oh okay, gotcha.

Yes it is Steve's Prince of Steaks...not the best place to wear the Giants Superbowl

Champions hat. How did you become a Giants fan anyway?

What if he was a jew?

There was one available, Eckstein and he signed for one year to play in Canada. I have to assume a 2 year deal to play in a city where Bagels and Lox are as common as air would have made his decision easy.

Yeah I've been up there before, it's no good. If you're in town again, try to get down to the corner of Snyder and Weccacoe in S Philly to a place called John's Roast Pork. It's a dive looking place, but they've got the best sandwiches in the city down there, and not just cheesesteaks, although their steaks are phenomenal.

I'm actually originally from North Jersey, my parents moved down here when I was little. My dad made sure to raise me as a Giants fan, but he doesn't care all that much for the other sports, so it didn't bother him that I rooted for the Phils and Flyers.

I hate Minaya so much that its becoming hard for me to root for them. When that arrogant mother f-er fires Willie and blames him in a press conference, I just might bolt.

Willie is no Billy Martin, but Minaya is no John Schuerholz either. I think Willie knows he is no Martin, Omar thinks his shit don't stink.

I'm with ya on that to a point. I blame Omar more than Willie for last year. Every time I heard about Omar's guy being in the club house coddling the spanish speaking players and undermining Willie drove me crazy. Also I don't like the fact that Willie wasn't allowed to hire his own coaches. That's not the way a franchise should be run.

I also don't like the reliance on old, injury prone talent to be the main lineup protection. I wish Gotay was still on the team, cuz I liked the young infield that seemed to be developing. (Although that may have been Willies decision) I've also taken to the Giants younger healthier, team oriented philosiphy

Where I don't agree with you is that I won't bolt on the team, I'll just suffer along until the good times come along again. Those moments seem so much sweeter when you've suffered for a little while.

Yeah I've been up there before, it's no good. If you're in town again, try to get down to the corner of Snyder and Weccacoe in S Philly to a place called John's Roast Pork. It's a dive looking place, but they've got the best sandwiches in the city down there, and not just cheesesteaks, although their steaks are phenomenal.

I'm actually originally from North Jersey, my parents moved down here when I was little. My dad made sure to raise me as a Giants fan, but he doesn't care all that much for the other sports, so it didn't bother him that I rooted for the Phils and Flyers.

Gotcha, I'm not a big fan of cheesesteaks so I only ate half of it...not really a big

fan of melted cheese, plus I think they fucked it up on purpose cause I didn't order it

right.

I'm with ya on that to a point. I blame Omar more than Willie for last year. Every time I heard about Omar's guy being in the club house coddling the spanish speaking players and undermining Willie drove me crazy. Also I don't like the fact that Willie wasn't allowed to hire his own coaches. That's not the way a franchise should be run.

I also don't like the reliance on old, injury prone talent to be the main lineup protection. I wish Gotay was still on the team, cuz I liked the young infield that seemed to be developing. (Although that may have been Willies decision) I've also taken to the Giants younger healthier, team oriented philosiphy

Where I don't agree with you is that I won't bolt on the team, I'll just suffer along until the good times come along again. Those moments seem so much sweeter when you've suffered for a little while.

yeah I wont bolt, but I could become indifferent until Omar is swept out under the rug like Philips was.

If it came down to that, who would you want to replace Minaya?

Not sure, someone who would be able to properly band the spending of money on talent to spending the money to have superior scouting and development.

Probably a young guy, with a good vision who worked under one of the GM's who succssfully did what I am looking for.