SportsWrath

Official 2013 NFL Draft Thread Round 1

osi724dasack

Here's what I really, really hate about the draft. There's a ten minute allotment for each team to make their pick. The team with the very first pick has spent the last 3 months making up their minds on who they're going to take...and then let the clock run for nearly the whole 10 minutes before making their announcement. The first 3 or 4 picks should be done in a matter of a few minutes, but they always seem to drag it out. I can understand it later in the draft while waiting for offers to trade picks, but the first few are known long in advance and any trades would've already been made. I'm hoping the Giants are on the clock before 10PM, but it wouldn't surprise me it won't be until after 11....all because teams dawdle when they don't have to!

Here's what I really, really hate about the draft. There's a ten minute allotment for each team to make their pick. The team with the very first pick has spent the last 3 months making up their minds on who they're going to take...and then let the clock run for nearly the whole 10 minutes before making their announcement. The first 3 or 4 picks should be done in a matter of a few minutes, but they always seem to drag it out. I can understand it later in the draft while waiting for offers to trade picks, but the first few are known long in advance and any trades would've already been made. I'm hoping the Giants are on the clock before 10PM, but it wouldn't surprise me it won't be until after 11....all because teams dawdle when they don't have to!

2 reasons... 1) Possible trades. 2) TV time lol.

This is the problem with it in primetime, it is not gonna be over till close to 1A.M

If every one takes their allotted time Giants should pick around 11:10 and Yeah this Draft Layout/format Thursday, Friday then Saturday Sucks.

One thing I like about this draft is that it's short on standout potential superstars, but the draft is loaded. There will be hig quality picks in the first 3 or 4 rounds. Hopefully...the Giants staff have their shit together and are going to give us an early Christmas present with a stocking full of very good players that will be with us for years!!!

I just said the same thing! He looks like a LB more then a DE... but so does Tuck

Yeah but Tucks 272......maybe we just dont know what the guy can do

I remember when the Giants drafted Tuck everyone was moaning to the moon

Eagles just got a lot bettter............that guys a Baller

Tuck was never the same after that bag of shixx on the Cowboys tripped him and ruined his shoulder

I'm trying to keep track of who's still on the board and since most mocks here were close.. I'm going to use Jim's... crossing out those who were picked already (I will update this periodically). Blue indicates Jim got the pick right:

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

3. Oakland Raiders – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

4. Philadelphia Eagles – Geno Smith, QB, WVU

5. Detroit Lions – Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

6. Cleveland Browns – Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida

7. Arizona Cardinals – Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

8. Buffalo Bills – Matt Barkley, QB, USC

9. New York Jets – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

10. Tennessee Titans – Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

11. San Diego Chargers – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

12. Miami Dolphins – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State