SportsWrath

France’s Anthony Dablé Signs Contract With New York Giants

Mr. P

Anthony Dablé, who worked out with the New York Giants Wednesday, has been signed by the club after impressing coaches and scouts.

AFI has been told by an NFL scout that Dablé was set to work out with another team after his visit in New York, but that the Giants have now snatched up his rights. According to the scout, he has been signed to a minimum deal which obviously means that he is unable to sign with another team until he is cut or released by the Giants.

The speculation is that he will remain with the team through the OTAs (offseason team activities) and minicamps they hold after the draft which is coming up in late April. This means he will stay and work out with the New York Giants training staff. Once he makes it through these sessions, training camp awaits.

Anthony-Dabl%C3%A8.jpg?resize=614%2C409

The 6’5″, 215 lb, 27-year-old Dablé is coming off a superb season winning his second straight German Bowl with the Braunschweig New Yorker Lions and the Eurobowl while also helping France to a fourth place finish in the IFAF World Championships.

Widely considered one of the most dangerous receivers and returners in Europe, Dablé had signed to play with France’s Aix en Provence Argonautes for the 2016 season. But as is standard, if an opportunity like this arises a player is permitted to sign with a fully professional team.

http://www.americanfootballinternational.com/france-anthony-dable-signs-contract-with-new-york-giants/

Yeah, the highlight video shows him just using his size advantage over the other players although some of the catches in the endzone weren't bad. I don't mind signing him as a camp body and to compete...but I expect zero from him. I do like the Giants initiative to not limit themselves to US football players...seemingly thinking that the world football players is an untapped market.

Yeah, the highlight video shows him just using his size advantage over the other players although some of the catches in the endzone weren't bad. I don't mind signing him as a camp body and to compete...but I expect zero from him. I do like the Giants initiative to not limit themselves to US football players...seemingly thinking that the world football players is an untapped market.

Well yeah I hope nobody is expecting this guy to come here and catch 50 balls.

Hopefully he surprises, which would include making the practice squad.

I still have some hope for Brett Jones though.

Well yeah I hope nobody is expecting this guy to come here and catch 50 balls.

Hopefully he surprises, which would include making the practice squad.

I still have some hope for Brett Jones though.

I agree on Jones...I think he can be a solid backup at least. If I remember, his video was slightly more impressive going against guys more his size.

A WR highlight of mostly hitch or curl routes where he just turns and catches and sometimes runs...DBs in the league will be jumping those routes big time. There doesn't appear to be much fighting for the ball or variety in route running that I saw.

To be fair that's what 90% of any college ball looks like.

I still don't understand how scouts can grade players.

well... not to my eyes it doesn't. That video reminded me of watching Randy Moss in his Marshall days, utterly destroying FCS-level competition. But we all knew Moss was going to be a beast.

I saw on the video he runs a 4.41 40. I laughed... if true that is amazing for a 6'5" man. Best to keep expectations low, and be pleasantly surprised. But I do love big, tall receivers with a big wingspan. I think it's just what is needed across from ODB, and it's why I like Josh Doctson in the draft for the Giants. Hopefully we catch lightning in a bottle here, it would be awesome. Exciting times are ahead boys, because this team is about to spend some serious cash to bring in some guys.

Doesn't always work, Jim. Dolphins have been doing that for years. We have to fix what's wrong in the draft and build that way.

I understand but there's more holes on this team than there are available draft picks, and we have more cap room than we've ever had. The Giants will definitely have to be very active in free agency just to fill the roster unless you want a bunch of UDFA's playing major roles all over the field. As of now, the Giants have almost $58.7 million in cap room for 2016. You put $8-$9 million aside for draft picks, and a little spare change to go into the season with, and you are still looking at about $45-$47 million that you pretty much HAVE to spend this year. They have big holes at FS, DE (especially with JPP maybe not returning), CB (especially with Prince expected to not return, WR (with Randle not expected to return), and RT. And I'm not even including LB, which they probably need at least one, because I'm a believer in Kennard, Thomas, and Casillas. It's unrealistic to think a bunch of rookies are going to solidify those positions, and if they are going to even compete in the division they are going to need to shore them up with quality players from Free Agency. That doesn't mean they need to blow their wad on several top-dollar guys, but they definitely need to get quality players in here one way or another. Just too many holes. The answer is they need to build through the draft, which means they have to be better at hitting some picks, especially out of the first round, AND they need to get guys in free agency for the team to have any chance at winning next season.