SportsWrath

Things I Took Out of the Bears/Giants game

BleedinBlue

Super highs and super lows.

Super lows:

- Losing TT for the year. No matter how good the Giants look, this loss just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth

Super highs:

- Da’Rel Scott only got ONE touch last night. It came right after a fantastic goal line stand....and WOW! Talk about a turn around - a 14 pt switch in the good in a matter of about 30 seconds of football going from goal line to goal line.

- I loved watching Mark Herzlich play football. He really has a nose for the ball and a head for the game. His interception was great.....again, down near the Bear's goal line. I like this kid alot. He's a monster on special teams and we need a monster there.

- Maybe it's me, but if I was the coach, I'd think about starting Carr at QB. He looked tremendous and looks to have matured immensely since last time he was with the Giants.

- Brandon Jacobs appears to be ready to be a star. He seems determined to put all naysayers to rest. I'm rooting for him to do so.

- Don't know if I'd call it a "super high", but seeing Daniel Coats catch a TD pass made me breathe a sigh of relief that just maybe.....we will have at least a little bit of a TE game in our offense.

- Another "almost" super high came when Greg Jones blocked the punt, recovered the ball and advanced it to the 6-yard line .....but then he fumbled!

- Linebackers actually look as though they are ready to rumble and make some noise

Fingers crossed:

- Hope Ross can stay healthy and step it up big time this year to cover the absence of TT with little change. Also hope Prince Amukamara is a quick study and ready for prime time. If he is even close to the hype, the loss of TT won't sting nearly as bad. It would be nice if he could get back a little sooner.

- Special teams in general looked much better this week and the tackling finally started to come into play instead of that bump shit they were doing last game.

- I thought Devin Thomas looked good on special teams and might be our answer for returning punts and kickoffs

- Dominic Hixon played pretty well and seems to want to prove he's back

I was impressed with both punters too, though I think Dodge is a man reborn this preseason and wins the job. Kick/Punt coverage units are much, much better and return teams are lightyears ahead of last season. Hope they keep it up.

I was impressed with both punters too, though I think Dodge is a man reborn this preseason and wins the job. Kick/Punt coverage units are much, much better and return teams are lightyears ahead of last season. Hope they keep it up.

Yeah....that last punt by Dodge was incredible. He has one powerful leg and seems to be more under control and like you say, matured and a man on a mission to prove himself.

Field position is sooooo important and it has everything to do with good kicking and good special teams. If we get that part of the game back, the Giants will be just fine this year.

The TT loss blows. :cwy: Although we have some depth at CB, that was a huge blow. He was our leading tackler last yr, and a great nose for the ball. Huge loss. But not the end of the season.

Other than that, I was impressed with Goff and our LB's last night. The run game was on hit, and both QB's looked good. Great grab by Hixon for the TD and real nice catch by Victor Cruz on that 4th and 2. Da Rel Scott is FAST, loved that end zone to end zone run. Lots of good still on this team, we can still make some noise. Only thing Im worried about now.......the annual Giants-Jets injury melee. :furious:

With the injuries we already have, this upcoming game scares the shit outta me.

- Maybe it's me, but if I was the coach, I'd think about starting Carr at QB. He looked tremendous and looks to have matured immensely since last time he was with the Giants.

are you saying the Giants should bench Eli to start Carr?

Rocky was very good last night.

Is it just me or has he dropped 30-50 lbs?

Remember, Rocky was impressive and played his way into keeping his roster spot last preseason too. We need more out of him during the regular season .

Did anyone else notice that it was Tuck who ran down Matt Forte on that big play? I mean Tuck wasn't behind him in fact he was already partially upfield but for a DE his closing speed was ridiculous. Most DE's don't make that play.

-Z

Did anyone else notice that it was Tuck who ran down Matt Forte on that big play? I mean Tuck wasn't behind him in fact he was already partially upfield but for a DE his closing speed was ridiculous. Most DE's don't make that play.

-Z

How funny, I was just lgging on to say this same thing. I hadnt seen anyone mention it. Tuck has some wheels!

-Z

Tuck's a monster on broken plays like that. We've seen him chase down RBs time and again.

This was the first pre-season game I saw this year, and I was really impressed with the potential of our young linebackers. Herzlich, Jones, and Williams all looked like legit keepers; and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have some of them starting next year. If I were Goff, I'd keep my eyes on the rear-view, especially with Jones--that kid is active.

Granted, it's preseason, and the Bears aren't exactly an offensive powerhouse; but you can't just dismiss multiple goal line stands, either.

Jim, I can see why you think Dillard will be cut, now.

Specials looked good this game as well. Considering how the first game was described, an improvement in the second game of that magnitude is a very good sign.

Maybe we have a little something with Coets as well: at least he seems to know how to run a seam pass.

Try to get a 6th for Ware, and keep Brown and D. Scott. Both showed more than Ware ever has. Both would be a good 3rd down option; a nice fullback in Hynoski, and scat backs with good hands would be nice threats for both draws and passes into the flats. Maybe not the Carthon/Megget combination, but maybe the Tony Galbreath level threat, which I'd take.

It sucks losing Thomas for the year, but maybe we get a contract season from Ross before he GTFO.