SportsWrath

Jamon Brown.

BlueInCanada

That's the way I feel about him too. He's a good but limited player who's going to want to be paid like the player from 2016.

I'd gladly take him back at a reasonable price but he's not a good cover safety.

A good cover safety like Curtis Riley? Is there a good cover safety?

A good cover safety like Curtis Riley? Is there a good cover safety?

lol yes on many other teams in the NFL, there are safetys who can make a tackle AND ALSO cover a TE/WR.

I know, I know, it's a confusing concept for some people on here, but a safety is actually expected to play the pass as well as make a tackle from time to time.

Unlike Collins who gets beat in coverage 24/7 then make a few open field tackles and it's; "OMG LOOK HOW GOOOOOD HE IS" -any commentator.

A safety needs to at least be able to cover a TE. Thats the bare minimum. Landon cant do even that. Im not sure what happened to him. Maybe bulking up reduced his speed?

I'm not football genius but I could swear it's the LB's job to cover the TE...

I'm not football genius but I could swear it's the LB's job to cover the TE...

It can be either defending on the scheme, offensive set, and defensive play call. Sometimes during the game, a safety will have to line up in man coverage is the point, and they at least need to be able to cover a TE. You start pulling LB's off onto TEs, the offense will start running the ball down your throat.

A safety needs to at least be able to cover a TE. Thats the bare minimum. Landon cant do even that. Im not sure what happened to him. Maybe bulking up reduced his speed?

theres so many gaping holes in the secondary, to me its more about the system and the preparation than the talent. Besides # 20, everyone is lost.

Collins is a really good linebacker.

He needs a better free safety next to him. If Collins was playing in the 70s or the 80s hed be a hall of fame player

GIven ...Cliff Harris..Charlie Waters...Dick Anderson...Jake Scott...Gary Fensik.....Steve Plank....Jack Tatum.....Kenny Atkinson.....Donnie Shell....Mike Wagner....Joey Browner...an a few other very good to great Free and Strong Safeties from that era.....aren't in the HOF...(and he is not as accomplished as any of them).....I am thinking that is a stretch Golfie.

He is definitely Kenny Kinnard...or Chuck Cecil range though.

C. Wagon

Uh... I'm not sure what planet some of you are living on, but in an ideal world a safety keeps up with a wide receiver. A tight end is literally the bare minimum.

If a Safety could keep up with a Wide Receiver then they would probably be playing the Cornerback position. Tight Ends of today are running nearly as fast as Wide Receivers.

Safety should be at the apex of a WR route. A CB follows the route. its the coaching that puts people in the right place according to their ability. I think thats the big problem with Giants. There seems to be a disconnect between talent and strategy

GIven ...Cliff Harris..Charlie Waters...Dick Anderson...Jake Scott...Gary Fensik.....Steve Plank....Jack Tatum.....Kenny Atkinson.....Donnie Shell....Mike Wagner....Joey Browner...an a few other very good to great Free and Strong Safeties from that era.....aren't in the HOF...(and he is not as accomplished as any of them).....I am thinking that is a stretch Golfie.

C. Wagon

I think your missing the point. Had he played in that era when teams only threw the ball 15-18x a game....hed be a many times over all pro.

He cant cover for shit but 10 yards within the LOS the guy is incredibly instinctive!

• 2 weeks later...

C. Wagon

Wow... Jake Scott. Unbelievable player that should be in the hall of fame.

This tells me how horrible our OL evaluators and coaches have been at drafting and coaching... it's amazing how a player who was cut by another team can be a gem for us...

Been a few Giants who have been more successful elsewhere which isn't a sign of bad player evaluation or coaching. You can't scheme your team around every individual on the roster.