SportsWrath

ARod a Steroid Abuser

mickeef2

Seriously, anybody who thinks they never had a player on their team use steroids, they living in a dream world.

I always knew he juiced because he played for the Rangers towards the end of their roid years. There wasn't a single player with plus power that didn't juice on the Rangers teams of the 90's to early 2000's.

who the fuck cares

:lol: That's the right attitude.

You know, this might be my out as a baseball fan. For the last few years, I've been looking for a way to disconnect myself from baseball, basically because it rules my moods in the summer. When the Sox win, I'm happy as a clam until the next game. If they lose, I'm a miserable prick. I just can't seem to let it go, though. But now, I feel like I can't watch games knowing my team could get beat by a guy who's juicing, or even (to a much, much lesser extent, I'll admit) that they'll win because of someone who's doing it. If you can remain unwavering in your support of the Yanks, good for you. I think this year is gonna be a turning point where a lot of fans are going to start drifting away from the game.

I still contend that steroids help a pitcher add a few mph to the old fastball and help speed up recovery time more than they help a hitter. IMO you either can hit a baseball or you cannot. Does it add feet to a home run? Maybe. But so do these new bats, tighter wound balls and pitchers who throw harder.

I could care less that AROD used roids and really does anyone think that any of their teams members did not get caught up in this?

IMO this is a non story.

Just because he's not the only one to have ever done it, doesn't give A-Rod a pass. If this is true, then he's a cheater, and will forever be tainted like McGwire, Bonds etc... The guy is the highest paid player ever, and fans are the ones who pay for it. Shame on him if it's true.

You can't bring up bats, tightly wound balls etc., because in that aspect, it's a level playing field. Every pitcher uses the same ball. Every hitter has access to the same bats. Cheating is cheating, and one guy doesn't get a pass because he's not the only cheater.

My son associates every great baseball feat with steroids now, because that's all he sees on TV or hears on the radio. This whole era sucks!

Just because he's not the only one to have ever done it, doesn't give A-Rod a pass. If this is true, then he's a cheater, and will forever be tainted like McGwire, Bonds etc... The guy is the highest paid player ever, and fans are the ones who pay for it. Shame on him if it's true.

You can't bring up bats, tightly wound balls etc., because in that aspect, it's a level playing field. Every pitcher uses the same ball. Every hitter has access to the same bats. Cheating is cheating, and one guy doesn't get a pass because he's not the only cheater.

My son associates every great baseball feat with steroids now, because that's all he sees on TV or hears on the radio. This whole era sucks!

Uh yeah, but it wasn't cheating in 03 according MLB rules and this "survey" was supposed to be confidential. There are 114 others listed but none have been leaked. Pile that on the Mitchell report, it's pretty much everyone in baseball at that time.

I will agree, it's disgusting he did it, but lets be real for a second...put yourself in his or any MLB players mind then, if everyone is doing it and it's not against the rules, you wouldn't try it?

Am I shocked? No.

Am I sad? Yes.

No matter if you love or hate Arod, this is a catastrophic day for baseball. This just proves that every single one of these superstar power hitters was juicing. Arod was supposed to be the guy who was working out 3 hours a day, busting his ass the natural way and consistently hitting well over his career.

Now what? You have to seriously look at every guy who has any suspicion and say he's been juicing. Howard, Ortiz, Pujols, Fielder. They were all juicing. Any guy who came close to 50 homers was on roids in my opinion. Even guys who were in the 40's have to be questioned.

And now would be a good time for Arod to turn the corner on his reputation. It's time to start being honest and come clean. He needs to stop being fake and arrogant. It's time to come back to reality. You're caught -- apologize, admit to it, call it a mistake and move on.

I still contend that steroids help a pitcher add a few mph to the old fastball and help speed up recovery time more than they help a hitter. IMO you either can hit a baseball or you cannot. Does it add feet to a home run? Maybe. But so do these new bats, tighter wound balls and pitchers who throw harder.

I could care less that AROD used roids and really does anyone think that any of their teams members did not get caught up in this?

IMO this is a non story.

Actually, recent tests have shown that it does in fact enhance your nerve system so that you do react more quickly and your swing is therefore more powerful. also enhances your eyesite. and of course it allows you to heal faster, which is a big advantage. But, since everyone basically was using it, it is a non story. The story is the era when greed ruled. That's what it should say in the steroid wing at cooperstown.

Uh yeah, but it wasn't cheating in 03 according MLB rules and this "survey" was supposed to be confidential. There are 114 others listed but none have been leaked. Pile that on the Mitchell report, it's pretty much everyone in baseball at that time.

I will agree, it's disgusting he did it, but lets be real for a second...put yourself in his or any MLB players mind then, if everyone is doing it and it's not against the rules, you wouldn't try it?

It was always cheating. Just because the morons who made the rules didn't call it illegal, doesn't mean it's not cheating. Body builders in your local YMCA who do it are cheating. I'm pretty sure A-Rod wasn't openly getting shot up in the clubhouse because "everyone is doing it and it's not considered cheating".

This thing goes way beyond A-Rod. Too many people turned a blind eye and let this get out of control, because everyone was getting rich, and baseball was booming. I'm just disagreeing with those who want to give A-Rod a pass. When the so called best player in the game gets busted for performance enhancement, it's a big deal.

Every time some cheater gets outed, I have more respect for guys like Jeter. If he ever gets named, I might shoot myself.