SportsWrath

Fuck You Sox Fans!!!!!!!!!

Lowell stood there and waited for Cano to come him and then exploded on him. As far as I'm concerned, if slapping at the ball is dirty, then what Lowell did was dirty.

Lowell was out of line, but it was still within the rules. Remember Albert Belle?

What A-Rod did by slapping the ball was just girly. I think it was funny that he got the Toronto 3rd baseman to drop that ball, though. :TU:

Lowell was out of line, but it was still within the rules. Remember Albert Belle?

What A-Rod did by slapping the ball was just girly. I think it was funny that he got the Toronto 3rd baseman to drop that ball, though. :TU:

So then why the national criticism on A-Rod? His actions may be "out of line", but still within the rules.

1. He is a Yankee, who is held to some kind of unseen moral barrier.

2. He makes 252 million dollars.

See I'm not about different rules for different people. If one guy is held up to those standards, then EVERYBODY needs to be held to those standards. Just a reflection of our society I guess.

See I'm not about different rules for different people. If one guy is held up to those standards, then EVERYBODY needs to be held to those standards. Just a reflection of our society I guess.

Sadly, that isn't how it works. Micky Mantle was held to a higher standard than say,

Bob Cerv. Micky was an American Icon and a integral part of those Yankees team.

Much like how A-Rod is today. Lowell, while a good player is a role player on the

Red Sox.

Different rules for different people? Didn't you root for the Giants of the 80's

where Bill Parcells admitted to treating guys like Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson

differently than say Mike Mayock? It's always happened it sports and it will continue to

be that way.

Sadly, that isn't how it works. Micky Mantle was held to a higher standard than say,

Bob Cerv. Micky was an American Icon and a integral part of those Yankees team.

Much like how A-Rod is today. Lowell, while a good player is a role player on the

Red Sox.

Different rules for different people? Didn't you root for the Giants of the 80's

where Bill Parcells admitted to treating guys like Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson

differently than say Mike Mayock? It's always happened it sports and it will continue to

be that way.

So I can't like a TEAM because of the way a coach treats his players? I don't agree with the way Couglin coaches, but I still root for the team.

So I can't like a TEAM because of the way a coach treats his players? I don't agree with the way Couglin coaches, but I still root for the team.

You just said this:

See I'm not about different rules for different people. If one guy is held up to those standards, then EVERYBODY needs to be held to those standards.

basketball players "slap" at balls, so you are calling basketball players womanly?

Basketball players are supposed to slap at shots, it's called a

rejection. I think the slap on Arroyo was very childish and would

feel the same way if a Mets player did it. It serves no purpose in

baseball.

basketball players "slap" at balls, so you are calling basketball players womanly?

basketball players slap as a technique to force a turnover on defense. baseball players (actually, player), slap at the ball to make a 40 foot ground ball turn into a double. Oh yeah, I'm not exactly sure slapping is a legal technique in baseball either, but that's just a vibe.

If you are seriously comparing A-Rod slapping the ball to basketball players slapping the ball, you have officially gone as low as you can go. Come on man.

You just said this:

See I'm not about different rules for different people. If one guy is held up to those standards, then EVERYBODY needs to be held to those standards.

so if I was rooting for the Giants before Parcells was with them, I have to stop rooting for them because I don't agree with his ethics?

So I guess I have to stop rooting for America because I don't like the way the country is run?

so if I was rooting for the Giants before Parcells was with them, I have to stop rooting for them because I don't agree with his ethics?

So I guess I have to stop rooting for America because I don't like the way the country is run?

Bad example, my bad.

basketball players slap as a technique to force a turnover on defense. baseball players (actually, player), slap at the ball to make a 40 foot ground ball turn into a double. Oh yeah, I'm not exactly sure slapping is a legal technique in baseball either, but that's just a vibe.

If you are seriously comparing A-Rod slapping the ball to basketball players slapping the ball, you have officially gone as low as you can go. Come on man.

But it's still slapping at a ball, which you stated was a womanly act. Slapping is slapping, regardless of it's purpose. If you want to bring semantics into the discussion we will be here all night.

My point is that people will criticize A-Rod for everything he does. Give the guy a break. He was criticized for "pretending" to be Jeter's friend. Then he comes out and says they aren't as close as they used to be and he gets criticized for that. He does everything in his power to help his team win and he is bush league. If it were any other player they'd be considered a warrior. If A-Rod pulled off half the shit that Manny Ramirez did he'd be crucified, but everybody laughs because it's "Manny-being-Manny."

I guess Im the only one that actually saw the "Brandon" Arroyo slap. Yes A-Rod did swipe at his glove, theres no question about that....it really wasnt that much of a bitch move...actually, he should have been called safe since "Brandon" was blocking his path before he had the ball and A-Rod should have just tackled him

So then why the national criticism on A-Rod? His actions may be "out of line", but still within the rules.

It probably has something to do with Alex's love for himself, and the fact that he is arguably the best player in baseball, who shouldn't have to stoop to that level. No one would have cared if A-Rod knocked the snot out of Arroyo, but he slapped at the ball as if no one was going to see, and stood at second base with his arms raised like, "What'd I do?".

I personally like watching A-Rod play, and think a player of his stature should be above the childish tactics he's been caught doing. Would Jeter ever slap at a ball or call off an opposing player?

But it's still slapping at a ball, which you stated was a womanly act. Slapping is slapping, regardless of it's purpose. If you want to bring semantics into the discussion we will be here all night.

My point is that people will criticize A-Rod for everything he does. Give the guy a break. He was criticized for "pretending" to be Jeter's friend. Then he comes out and says they aren't as close as they used to be and he gets criticized for that. He does everything in his power to help his team win and he is bush league. If it were any other player they'd be considered a warrior. If A-Rod pulled off half the shit that Manny Ramirez did he'd be crucified, but everybody laughs because it's "Manny-being-Manny."

Actually, he was commended for that and Jeter was the one taking some heat after A-Rod went public with that statement.

I'm sorry, but no one who slaps a ball out of an opposing player's glove will ever be called a warrior, at least not for THAT play.

so slapping at a ball is womanly?

Don't ever listen to a Mets or Sux fan they are none of them fair or reasonable. They exist to denigrate the Bombers. For years we had to listen to "Buying Championships" and how unfair it is. Well now thet they are doing it, you dont hear about unfairness, all you hear is "Let's buy that player, and that player. 100 million for a 5' 8" pitcher? puh-leeez.

Remember the Sox are the highest payroll team to ever win a WS and the Sox fan base thinks it's all even now, that's how desperate and ignorant they all are. Just a bunch of dishonest, dirty tricksters who will stoop to any level to get their way and defend everything they do until the end of time and never admire a thing in the Yankees. They aren't really even human like their chief proponent here.