SportsWrath

Welcome to the Giants

BlueInCanada

No need to get your panties in a bunch, Nas.

I get your point, you think there wasnt a QB worth it in this class, yet you continue to defend a QB who fell into the late rounds saying "Oh it doesnt matter where he went or what people think, he has the talent"

Silly that you would get so pissy on the internet lol

Who said I was pissy? I think most of us are just exhausted from waiting months for the draft then living through the 3 day drama.

Pretty much, yeah.

So far the argument has been, "he's not accurate and doesn't have an arm, but he's a nice kid who played on a shitty team." Seriously? That's not a good argument.

Even the BBK homers were in full damage control mode. They were having a really hard time on Friday.

It's bad. The fans hate him so much already I wouldn't be surprised if Getty is gone and we're looking for another QB in the 2023 deaft. Kid's gonna get booed outta town, especially during Skins games if Haskins ends up being a player.

I don't know...I'm having second thoughts on this (Because what else you going to do)....

I tend to remember fans being pretty pissed off when the Giants took "Phil Who" out of "Moorehead where?" ...and a goodly number of the old Giants board being bent that the Gmen gave up too much for Eli Manning back in the day...and they both turned out okay.

Given all the shit this kid is getting in the media I'm hoping he gets off and is able to do this in a couple of years.

kenny-powers-finger-athletes-flipping-th

C.W agon

Media before the draft: "Giants need to take a QB it doesn't matter who it is they just need to take a QB round one, we hear they really like Daniel Jones so they might even pick him at #6 since other teams have him moving up their draft boards"

Giants pick Jones

Media: "Why did they take a QB at #6?!?!?!?, we've been saying all along they should of picked a DL"

lol

I like the pick, maybe don't love it simply because a top 10 pick shoikd start day one, but I like the pick outside of that.

I don't know...I'm having second thoughts on this (Because what else you going to do)....

I tend to remember fans being pretty pissed off when the Giants took "Phil Who" out of "Moorehead where?" ...and a goodly number of the old Giants board being bent that the Gmen gave up too much for Eli Manning back in the day...and they both turned out okay.

Given all the shit this kid is getting in the media I'm hoping he gets off and is able to do this in a couple of years.

C.W agon

One word: Montana

C.W agon

That's one way of looking at it.

The other is the last time the Giants really reached... to draft a goofy-looking QB out of Duke... with a really boring name... that wore #17... based off our GM scouting one game of his... to replace a Ring of Honor QB that had two SB rings... it didn't go so well for us.

That's one way of looking at it.

The other is the last time the Giants really reached... to draft a goofy-looking QB out of Duke... with a really boring name... that wore #17... based off our GM scouting one game of his... to replace a Ring of Honor QB that had two SB rings... it didn't go so well for us.

Well....didnt work out that well when we drafted our last OSU QB either Seph.

We were sort of fucked I guess.

But come on now....no more negative waves Babe...this is going to work out.

C.W agon

Well....didnt work out that well when we drafted our last OSU QB either Seph.

We were sort of fucked I guess.

But come on now....no more negative waves Babe...this is going to work out.

C.W agon

It worked out great the last time we drafted a Duke QB now did it :smartass:

• 4 months later...

This QB draft was like 3 am at the bar and 3 drunk, ugly women are left. Giants maybe went home with the least disgusting... and approached her way too early...

or so it seemed! But no, in this case the Giants knew something we didn't. Yes, she looked a little sloppy, but... she's a fuck machine. And a great time was had by all.

Just saw this:

Quote:

Let this sink in: Giants Daniel Jones was under pressure on 47% of his dropbacks (3rd highest of Week 3). He competed 80% of pressured attempts for 233 yards, 2 TDs, and a perfect 158.3 passer rating. - per Pat Thorman

FYI, that's the 4th-most pressured passing yards by any QB in any regular season game in PFF history (2007-2019). Over that span, there are 1,674 instances of a QB attempting at least 12 pressured pass attempts in a game. Jones is the first to record a perfect passer rating - per Scott Barrett

Just saw this:

Quote:

Let this sink in: Giants Daniel Jones was under pressure on 47% of his dropbacks (3rd highest of Week 3). He competed 80% of pressured attempts for 233 yards, 2 TDs, and a perfect 158.3 passer rating. - per Pat Thorman

FYI, that's the 4th-most pressured passing yards by any QB in any regular season game in PFF history (2007-2019). Over that span, there are 1,674 instances of a QB attempting at least 12 pressured pass attempts in a game. Jones is the first to record a perfect passer rating - per Scott Barrett

Incredible.

Not to Debbie downer it, but he was pressured so often in part because there were times he could have but didn't step up in the pocket.... but shit, like it even mattered!

I knew his numbers were good, but a perfect passer rating while under pressure? No wonder he's sitting back there like, fuck it, let 'em hit me, I don't care.

C.W agon

...or...maybe after his first start.....

C. Wagn