SportsWrath

Source: The #Giants are finalizing a four-year, $41 million extension with WR Sterling Shepard

Mr. P

I'm glad they got this done with, not on the level of OBJ obviously, but he's a good WR, I'm expecting a big year from him and Engram.

Wonder what they are going to trade him for next year though after saying "Why would we trade him after signing him to an ex......oh yeah"

Him and Tate are both good run blockers too. Good for an offense they plan to center around Barkley.

Just need someone between Coleman, Lattimer, Fowler, Russel Shepard, or a draft pick to be able to be a 3rd wr.

Him and Tate are both good run blockers too. Good for an offense they plan to center around Barkley.

Just need someone between Coleman, Lattimer, Fowler, Russel Shepard, or a draft pick to be able to be a 3rd wr.

I'm not saying that the scheme has no chance of being better, I'm just saying it would of been cheaper to keep OBJ.

We did get the extra first, third and Peppers who people are saying is everything that Collins was just Peppers can cover a WR.

I'm just still salty about the trade lol

I'm not saying that the scheme has no chance of being better, I'm just saying it would of been cheaper to keep OBJ.

We did get the extra first, third and Peppers who people are saying is everything that Collins was just Peppers can cover a WR.

I'm just still salty about the trade lol

Hahah my post wasnt in response to yours at all. Completely separate thoughts.

This seems like an awful deal for the Giants and Seahawks.

The Cards would love it though lol

I assume there have to be other parts to it too..... 2 1sts for Wilson would make sense if he were under contract and the prior team already paid his bonus though.

2019 NFL Free Agent WR signings:

Shepard: 4-year/$41M

T. Williams: 4-year/$44.3M

Humphries: 4-year/$36M

Crowder: 3-year/$28M

Beasley: 4-year/$29M

Give me Shep at that price, easy value. #Giants have PLENTY of 2020 cap room. Can use draft assets elsewhere. A small, but nice win.

https://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1116087407466696704?s=21

2019 NFL Free Agent WR signings:

Shepard: 4-year/$41M

T. Williams: 4-year/$44.3M

Humphries: 4-year/$36M

Crowder: 3-year/$28M

Beasley: 4-year/$29M

Give me Shep at that price, easy value. #Giants have PLENTY of 2020 cap room. Can use draft assets elsewhere. A small, but nice win.

https://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1116087407466696704?s=21

Yeah good signing.

If he was allowed to hit FA some team would of blown the Giants out of the water and overpaid him.

This seems like an awful deal for the Giants and Seahawks.

The Cards would love it though lol

Seattle gets Murray and doesnt have to pay the QB ransom. Giants get a QB whos used to having no receivers to speak of...

Seattle gets Murray and doesnt have to pay the QB ransom. Giants get a QB whos used to having no receivers to speak of...

I still don't see the upside for either team in the trade lol

Seahawks trade away a franchise QB for a rookie that might not work out, to be in the same situation in 4 years.

The Giants get a QB who's going to eat up all that cap space they made next year, and lose two higher first round draft picks, and be in the same situation in 4 years.

So youre saying that Russell Wilson will be done at 34. And wouldnt you accept a 4 year solution that allows you to raise a championship flag? Im not saying Im for this but I can see definite upside for each team. Onc again, I feel whomever the Giants think is their best solution , they should go for.

Awesome deal. I think hes better than what hes getting paid.

Id also give up two firsts for Wilson in a second.

They did mention a 2nd as well. I was giving highlights. However, if Seattle thinks hes worth that much, they should sign him.

So youre saying that Russell Wilson will be done at 34. And wouldnt you accept a 4 year solution that allows you to raise a championship flag? Im not saying Im for this but I can see definite upside for each team. Onc again, I feel whomever the Giants think is their best solution , they should go for.

Isnt Wilson 32?

Yes, he'll be done in the next four to five years.

And what "four year solution" the defence is bottom of the NFL and trading away first round picks wont help it, nor devoting 35+ million a year to a QB will help that situation either.

I'm not saying Wilson is a terrible player, he's one of upper tier QBs in the NFL and would help the offence.

But I'm saying devoting multiple first round picks and a very large chunk of cap space the next three/four years to the guy when the team is in complete blow up mode, isnt going to help out the situation either.

We're not the Denver Broncos with a top 5 defence and no QB, looking for a Peyton Manning.

We are a bottom of the NFL team, with a still somewhat decent QB, looking for any semblance of a defensive unit.

They did mention a 2nd as well. I was giving highlights. However, if Seattle thinks hes worth that much, they should sign him.

My guess is that if they are even entertaining the idea of trading him its because hes turning down the biggest contract in the nfl offers

Isnt Wilson 32?

Yes, he'll be done in the next four to five years.

And what "four year solution" the defence is bottom of the NFL and trading away first round picks wont help it, nor devoting 35+ million a year to a QB will help that situation either.

I'm not saying Wilson is a terrible player, he's one of upper tier QBs in the NFL and would help the offence.

But I'm saying devoting multiple first round picks and a very large chunk of cap space the next three/four years to the guy when the team is in complete blow up mode, isnt going to help out the situation either.

We're not the Denver Broncos with a top 5 defence and no QB, looking for a Peyton Manning.

We are a bottom of the NFL team, with a still somewhat decent QB, looking for any semblance of a defensive unit.

Are you 2 years in the future, mcfly? Anyway I see your point but we do need a QB so theyre all big investments and Id be Excited to see Wilson in blue for the next 8 years or so. And Keisha singing the anthem...

I have a lower opinion of Shepard than most of you, but I can't argue with that contract.... I was worried he would be a $12+ million/yr contract if he hit free agency, instead we got him for closer to $8 million/yr. That's a fair value for him, nicely done Gettleman.