SportsWrath

Nate Solder is a Giant

boohyah

Overpaid but he's now the best Olineman on the team despite how awfully average he is.

At least he knows how to block a fucking pass rush.

You think Solder is average? Didn't he make the pro bowl in 2017?

No pro bowls. I see him as above average and he gets a lot of penalties but he still helps a lot. Whitworth last year wouldve been cheaper and hes much better

Edit: looks like he was an alternate last year. When you pay this kind of money though youre not asking about pro bowls youre asking how many all-pro teams did he make

No pro bowls. I see him as above average and he gets a lot of penalties but he still helps a lot. Whitworth last year wouldve been cheaper and hes much better

Edit: looks like he was an alternate last year. When you pay this kind of money though youre not asking about pro bowls youre asking how many all-pro teams did he make

Given the market and the state of our OL, we didn't have any leverage...

You think Solder is average? Didn't he make the pro bowl in 2017?

The Patriots made zero attempt to resign him since they have a better player on the bench.

The guy was a small fish in an ever smaller pond, guy wouldn't of even been signed in last years FA pool.

The Patriots made zero attempt to resign him since they have a better player on the bench.

The guy was a small fish in an ever smaller pond, guy wouldn't of even been signed in last years FA pool.

Really? What his name? Belichick doesn't even know.

Cannon and Billy is laughing his ass off they are getting a better player for less.

Signing players and contracts are never exact science... many players outperform their contracts while others go the other way... the way I see it, we were in desparate need of a left tackle given the Flowers experience bombed, and we went out and go the best LT available in FA... the money/cap issue will work itself out... it's why teams have cuts, restructuring etc...

I actually thought he'd get a little more. Guess he took a little less money for more years.

I think this was his first stop in free agency so I sense some urgency to get something done but he did so without really testing the market. Now watch him turn into a 16 game starter the next four years...

Wish him the best of luck but I give him two years.

• 7 months later...

Last night was a new low point for the OL as a whole and Solder in particular. He was as bad as Flowers ever was. Atlanta came into the game 24th in sacks and 30th in overall team Defense....and they dominated our OL all night long. They had 10 sacks in 6 games before getting 4 last night and Barkley got hit at or very near the LOS on damn near every carry.