SportsWrath

Top few picks

Virginia Giant

The word seems to be the Giants are really high on Darnold and not as high on the other QBs and could very well take Barkley. The Browns seem to think Allen and Darnold are close. The Jets moved up to take a QB.

So my prediction is the Browns take Allen so that the Giants take Darnold. Jets take whoever and Browns take Barkley at 4.

Really is hard for the Giants to go wrong in this draft. We are in the driver's seat for a number of great scenarios this year. I will be disappointed initially if the Giants grab a QB.

I like Donald... if the he available, the Giants should take him. I still think we should trade down and get Nelson.

I'm warming to him. I'm still of the Josh Rosen bandwagon, but I've warmed to allen, darnold, and even Mayfield...though still skeptical off Mayfield and darnold. If be pretty happy with all of them but Mayfield.

I'm warming to him. I'm still of the Josh Rosen bandwagon, but I've warmed to allen, darnold, and even Mayfield...though still skeptical off Mayfield and darnold. If be pretty happy with all of them but Mayfield.

Rosen is the QB in the draft. But they are saying he will be a distraction in the locker room.

Just because Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, et al are the best QBs in this draft doesn't mean they are Eli, Big Ben and Rivers - far from it! This year's QBs are all flawed and taking any of them with a high pick would be a mistake that will set your franchise back 5 years. I will become physically ill if the Giants take one of them. Barkley and Nelson are the only two "sure things" in this draft and it would be a shame not to come away with one of them. If we can trade down and grab Nelson, then come back and get Michel in the 2nd round, I'd be a happy guy......but I fear we'll trade down, only to have someone else trade up and swipe Nelson from under our nose.

Just because Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, et al are the best QBs in this draft doesn't mean they are Eli, Big Ben and Rivers - far from it! This year's QBs are all flawed and taking any of them with a high pick would be a mistake that will set your franchise back 5 years. I will become physically ill if the Giants take one of them. Barkley and Nelson are the only two "sure things" in this draft and it would be a shame not to come away with one of them. If we can trade down and grab Nelson, then come back and get Michel in the 2nd round, I'd be a happy guy......but I fear we'll trade down, only to have someone else trade up and swipe Nelson from under our nose.

What QBs have not had flaws coming out of college? I don't think these guys have any more flaws than most others.

This is honestly a pretty exciting time as a Giants fan.

I mean Coughlins last year people know it was coming a mile away, so we had to suffer through the hiring of McAttack and friends.

Then we had to suffer through the WORST NY Giants HC in history, sorry Handley, move over. Benching Eli for Geno the Winner for no reason then you didnt understand the fucking owner of the team? LOL

Now we have Shurmur, Shula, Bettcher (who was the best pickup honestly) and Wetty for Getty.

It's a whole new team, new philosophy, new leadership. The team is flipped on it's head and the roster is changing drastically.

Do they sink or swim?

And to kick it all off they have the second pick of the draft.

Honestly what's not to be excited about?

This is honestly a pretty exciting time as a Giants fan.

I mean Coughlins last year people know it was coming a mile away, so we had to suffer through the hiring of McAttack and friends.

Then we had to suffer through the WORST NY Giants HC in history, sorry Handley, move over. Benching Eli for Geno the Winner for no reason then you didnt understand the fucking owner of the team? LOL

Now we have Shurmur, Shula, Bettcher (who was the best pickup honestly) and Wetty for Getty.

It's a whole new team, new philosophy, new leadership. The team is flipped on it's head and the roster is changing drastically.

Do they sink or swim?

And to kick it all off they have the second pick of the draft.

Honestly what's not to be excited about?

I agree, and you can bet this new staff...gm, hc, oc...want their own franchise qb. Especially since the coach is a qb guru.

I agree, and you can bet this new staff...gm, hc, oc...want their own franchise qb. Especially since the coach is a qb guru.

Yep.

Shula and Shurmur, I think they end up being a lot better together than people think offensively.

Mara didnt hire this staff for Eli and the current crop, he hired them for the next.

They might not have another chance outside of a FA trade or massive signing for a franchise QB.

I don't think Webb of a second round pick will be the answer.

Shame because there are players like Barkley and Chubb, who are basically 10 year starters.

Yep.

Shula and Shurmur, I think they end up being a lot better together than people think offensively.

Mara didnt hire this staff for Eli and the current crop, he hired them for the next.

They might not have another chance outside of a FA trade or massive signing for a franchise QB.

I don't think Webb of a second round pick will be the answer.

Shame because there are players like Barkley and Chubb, who are basically 10 year starters.

Webb can be a star... Im on team trades down and get Nelson or draft Barkley or Chubb.

Webb can be a star... Im on team trades down and get Nelson or draft Barkley or Chubb.

could be a star but so could these other guys with a better chance simply because they are first round talent.

Webb wasn't even considered a day one or two guy maybe even undrafted. And that is why you won't see Webb start a game in blue.

If Webb is a franchise qb then you really need to question whether Reese should have been fired.

True....

But I also get the sense there was a toxic culture in the locker room too. I don't think firing Reese was about whether or not he had an eye for talent - he does - but that the team he built was dysfunctional and less than the sum of its parts.

True....

But I also get the sense there was a toxic culture in the locker room too. I don't think firing Reese was about whether or not he had an eye for talent - he does - but that the team he built was dysfunctional and less than the sum of its parts.

I think Webb was a MacAttack pick, infact we know he was a MacAttack pick, Webb's strength was that west coast hybrid crapola they run in college, which is what MacAddodles learned in Green Bay.

Luckily for Webb that's the same type of offence that Shurmur has learned from under Andy Reid and the amazing Chip Kelly.

However unlike MacAttack who ran three WR sets on something like 96% of all plays last year, Shurmur mixes it up with two TE heavy sets, both lining up on the same side, and actually likes to run the ball more than pass (yay)

I think the Vikings were one of two or three teams that called more run plays than pass plays last year.

That being said, I do think Shurmur want's a QB that HE scouted, not one that the previous failure of a HC scouted, and it's why he brought another QB guru like Shula in to help groom the QB that they are spending I'm sure copious amounts of time watching college film on in this up coming draft.

I think Webb should get a shot. Everything Ive heard about him since hes been with the Giants has been impressive. So much so he has defensive players saying to not bother drafting a QB. He spends just as much time as Eli does studying tape and working on fundamentals. NTM Eli has invested a lot of time in him.

Plus the kid has a big arm. He drops bombs like Eli used to do. I personally dont see why he couldnt do just as well has any QB in the draft right now.

Seems to me if at all possible they should be looking to get guys who can come in and help win right now.

I think Webb should get a shot. Everything Ive heard about him since hes been with the Giants has been impressive. So much so he has defensive players saying to not bother drafting a QB. He spends just as much time as Eli does studying tape and working on fundamentals. NTM Eli has invested a lot of time in him.

Plus the kid has a big arm. He drops bombs like Eli used to do. I personally dont see why he couldnt do just as well has any QB in the draft right now.

Seems to me if at all possible they should be looking to get guys who can come in and help win right now.

To be fair the only two guys to say it about him, one isnt on the team anymore and the other's biggest liability is pass coverage.

Guys in the prime of their career aren't hot I the idea of investing a super high draft pick on a player that won't improve the team immediately.

I've thing about being Eli's understudy, he has made it clear he will help where possible, but Eli isn't going out of his way to train his replacement.

I don't watch much college ball so I only know what I read and hear......and there are just too damn many people writing and saying that this is a mediocre crop of QBs. From friends who are Pac 10 grads and have seen Darnold and Rosen a lot to almost every talking head on Sirius NFL Network, I haven't heard anybody say these are likely Pro Bowl caliber QBs.

Draft one of them and I think there's a 20% chance they rise to say, the Matt Ryan level and an 80% chance they turn out to be the Tannehil/Bortles level....not terrible, show some flashes but not going to put a team on their shoulders and carry them to the top. And we're going to watch this play out for five years.

Barkley and Nelson have a near 100% chance to be Pro Bowl players. I'd rather have the sure thing building block than roll the dice on a "maybe".

Giants wont draft a QB this year I think. Its Barkley at 2, trade down with Denver for Nelson and other picks and maybe. If not Barkley, then try and grab Guice in the early 2nd - hey he might be another Kamara or Hunt for all you know. But landing either Barkley or Nelson is an absolute MUST. If we fuck this one up - well shit.....