SportsWrath

"Giants shopping Beckham" looks like it might have legs.

Sephiroth

Well, there's only one ball on the field, and 11 guys playing for your team at a time, so there's only so much you can improve - if at all - by trading an A+ player for a bunch of B-/C+ players. Which is all most rookies will ever be if they're even lucky.

So if they trade him.... it had better be a Herschel Walker kind of lop sided fiasco.

I would argue that a first and 2nd rounders should be A and B+ players... rookies or not.

Defenses would stack the los and crap on us. We'd be a 3 and out machine with no deep threat.

You're assuming we have no WRs and a stud TE out there... Sure stack the line... hence our WR are now more open.

I would argue that a first and 2nd rounders should be A and B+ players... rookies or not.

That simply isn't realistic.

Where A+ is the #1 guy (or maybe 1a) at his position in the league, and C is an average starter, a mid first round pick has about a 75% chance of being a C or better player, but still a very low chance of being an A+ player. And the 2nd round pick is about 50/50 to even be average, and virtually nil on his chance to be the best.

Its crazy to me that some of you are on board with giving up a known commodity like Beckham for a roll of the dice like just a couple draft picks... no freakin way!.... I'd start the bidding at 2 first round picks, one of them better be very high in 2018, and I wouldn't take the offer until there were at least four premium picks in the pot. Any less than that and you're just dumb fucking lucky if you come out ahead on the deal.

Where A+ is the #1 guy (or maybe 1a) at his position in the league, and C is an average starter, a mid first round pick has about a 75% chance of being a C or better player, but still a very low chance of being an A+ player. And the 2nd round pick is about 50/50 to even be average, and virtually nil on his chance to be the best.

Its crazy to me that some of you are on board with giving up a known commodity like Beckham for a roll of the dice like just a couple draft picks... no freakin way!.... I'd start the bidding at 2 first round picks, one of them better be very high in 2018, and I wouldn't take the offer until there were at least four premium picks in the pot. Any less than that and you're just dumb fucking lucky if you come out ahead on the deal.

No one would give up 4 premium picks for a guy with one year on his contract.

People keep saying "Barkley is a once-in-a-generation talent" yet we have Ezekiel Elliot, Todd Gurley, and Leonard Fournette that we've all heard the exact same thing about. There's three right there and none of those guys have even hit their first FA contract yet.

Meanwhile, in 36 years of watching Giants games, I've never seen a player on our team like Beckham. In the entire league, I'd say maybe Antonio Brown has a similar skill set, and I'd say Beckham is actually better.

If we let this guy go we'll be kicking ourselves for the next ten years, assuming:

1. he's healthy, and

2. he stays healthy.

Pay him.

Besides you maybe, most of us know that we have no influence over what the Giants choose to do. I don't think anyone here outrightly said trade him. But it makes your narrative so I get it. When I hear the half hearted attempts to support the guy by the owner and head coach, I start thinking its a real possibility that he's traded so we enter into a conversation based on the thread title. Like a what if. Hope that clears things up for you, Crazed

Theres no chance that there is anything to these trade rumors. They would be extraordinarily stupid to trade him and still consider Eli the starter. Trade Beckham and youre conceding 2018-2019. Either blow it up or knock it off with the jockeying and find a way to pay the man. Hes the most exciting player the Giants have ever had.

No one would give up 4 premium picks for a guy with one year on his contract.

don't forget the franchise tag option.... whoever has Beckham under contract, has his rights for at least the next three seasons.

People keep saying "Barkley is a once-in-a-generation talent" yet we have Ezekiel Elliot, Todd Gurley, and Leonard Fournette that we've all heard the exact same thing about. There's three right there and none of those guys have even hit their first FA contract yet.

Meanwhile, in 36 years of watching Giants games, I've never seen a player on our team like Beckham. In the entire league, I'd say maybe Antonio Brown has a similar skill set, and I'd say Beckham is actually better.

If we let this guy go we'll be kicking ourselves for the next ten years, assuming:

1. he's healthy, and

2. he stays healthy.

Pay him.

Agreed across the board. (And I'm very high on Barkley, I did not think that the other RBs in recent years, including Adrian Peterson, were on Barkley's level. I'm higher on Barkley than I was on Tomlinson.)

Besides you maybe, most of us know that we have no influence over what the Giants choose to do. I don't think anyone here outrightly said trade him. But it makes your narrative so I get it. When I hear the half hearted attempts to support the guy by the owner and head coach, I start thinking its a real possibility that he's traded so we enter into a conversation based on the thread title. Like a what if. Hope that clears things up for you, Crazed

wait, what?.... my 'narrative'? And have I at some point insinuated that I know anybody in the Giants organization? I don't think so.

Yeah, it's a 'what if' conversation, I'm pretty sure we're all in the same page on that. And for my part, 'if' they trade Beckham for what some of you seem cool with - a couple picks, and only 1 first rounder - that isn't a move that I'd applaud.

If I were the giants and the rams called Id say sure give me Aaron Donald straight up. Its about as fair as it gets

Now we're talking. That's a fair deal.

Theres no chance that there is anything to these trade rumors. They would be extraordinarily stupid to trade him and still consider Eli the starter. Trade Beckham and youre conceding 2018-2019. Either blow it up or knock it off with the jockeying and find a way to pay the man. Hes the most exciting player the Giants have ever had.

well its coming from Pat Leonard, so..... if you follow the NY sports writers, then you already know that every rumor he floats is total garbage, his next breaking story will be his first, he has about as many actual connections in the NFL as I do.

This discussion is getting insane - OBJ is THE best WR in the league - Not Brown or Hopkins. You put Bell in the backfield along with that offensive line vs what OBJ has been for this team - it is no comparison.

This is stupid talk and Ian Rappaport needs to be rapped on his fucking testicles for putting out one piece of shit after the other. Beckham is a once in a generation player you fucking pay him and be done with it. He is getting paid less than Jaron Brown, Adam Humphries and Davante Parker as someone said. That is fucking unacceptable.

Is anyone here taking into account that ODB is coming off an injury? Could it bet hat he "won't set foot" on the field without new contract because he wants to get paid now at this pre-injury level of play? Again I'm not promoting his trade, I just like to think like a GM... getting the biggest bang for the buck...

The biggest bang for the buck wouldn't be trading him before he's shown it on the field post injury.

True... but if he doesn't get on the field to see what he's capable of post-injury, what would you do?

Odell either refuses to listen to anybody or he's getting bad, make that horrible, advice. Let's review:

Coming off an injury/lost season, he gets in the news (again) for a video showing half naked women (not a problem) and drugs (problem). No proof of wrongdoing but certainly a bad look.

This draws a warning from the owner that patience is wearing thin and it's really, REALLY time to cut the shit.

That's NOT the moment you issue an ultimatum, saying you won't "step foot on a field" before getting a new contract making him the highest paid WR in history!

OK, we don't know if that report is accurate but I notice there's been no rush to correct that statement. If true, it's almost like he's daring ownership to trade him.

Has him saying he wont play without a contract confirmed? He actually said that? I was just telling my mechanic about it, and he said no ones proven he actually said that.

This guy is a huge Giants fan and my neighbor. He usually knows what hes talking about. He said that was a rumor that he said that. That it came from a undisclosed source.

Hes not going to miss any games. He will skip otas and training camp if it gets that far but with few exceptions these guys always come back for the games

That is total bullshit... If he misses OTA and training camp, and all the pre-season games. It will be week 6 and we will all be talking about how Eli and he are not on the same page, or waiting for him to be in game shape, or to see if his ankle is still an issue. The dude is under contract still, come in and practice to be ready for the season on day 1.