SportsWrath

Giants vs. Colts

CrazedDogs

they are 12th in red zone points allowed. Last year they were 19th BUT last year they gave up TD's in 54% of their chances.

This year? 55%

Also they were 31st in D last year and gave up 24 pts per game. This year? they are 22nd (still awful) and gve up 25 pts per game.

So they haven't gotten better, a few teams have gotten worse.

We did trade away 3 defensive players for draft picks... we have to take that into account.

We did trade away 3 defensive players for draft picks... we have to take that into account.

More of an additional by subtraction type of thing.

Sounds like Apple wont even survive onto the roster next year he's been playing so bad.

Harrison has been playing like 15% of the snaps in Detroit.

None of the guys were really vital to the defence.

Sounds like Apple wont even survive onto the roster next year he's been playing so bad.

Yeah we needed to see more B.W. Webb out there. Wonder what are his chances for being on the roster next year.

How did we go from Harrison being a great pick up to some under achieving overpaid player? I think our run defense has been less effective without him... and Apple was showing improvements... reminded me of Webster... JPP wasn't the greatest but his presence was better for the team... I'm not saying we should have kept any of those players but perspective matters.

With those guys we were 31st. Im not talking players, not even blaming scheme ( although I have never seen so many gaping holes) Im just saying that there is no marked difference between this years and last years defense. They have not improved. So this DC needs to bring it next year before I will learn his name.

As for his time with the Cardinals, its becoming clear that Bruce Arians was the glue there.

With those guys we were 31st. Im not talking players, not even blaming scheme ( although I have never seen so many gaping holes) Im just saying that there is no marked difference between this years and last years defense. They have not improved. So this DC needs to bring it next year before I will learn his name.

As for his time with the Cardinals, its becoming clear that Bruce Arians was the glue there.

Oh no doubt about Arians, I think one of the better coaches to never quite reach the summit.

What I like about Bettcher is the deception. For the first time in a long time, the D is not telegraphing it's assignments. Even Spags, love the guy, but you knew what he was running, every snap seemed to be base D or an A gap blitz w/ or w/ out a DE dropping into coverage. There was never a whole lot going on there, it was just a scheme that wouldn't get in the way of great players.

We don't have great players on that side of the ball though. Nowhere near enough pass rushers.

What you said up there was part of my concern. They were pretty advanced in their schemes and some calls- (deception, analytics) were without regard for the talent at hand. Perhaps thats where they want to be and were trying to get the talent to rise up. But that kind of goes against the "win now " philosophy they were preaching. I guess we will see.