SportsWrath

Should we be worried about the WRs?

BlueInCanada

After seeing how the Vikings DL was operating, we definitely need a couple of DEs...

nothing wrong with our DEs, IMO. What we need are two OTs, a C, and enough competence at the second level of the defense and depth/talent at LB that our edge rushers have a chance to get home.

That Vikings D is fantastic at the second level, I bet their third guy off the bench would practically be starting at nickel. That, combined with the shit we were rolling out there at RB, was why they were able to tee off on our passing game. Really, from what I saw (which wasn't a whole lot) I thought Jones played extremely well, given what was basically an impossible situation. Looked like one of his games at Duke.

Well by that logic, Our O should have had at least 14 more points since DJ missed a wide open WR twice.. once in the end zone no less. I just don't think the sky is falling.. our team is rebuilding and we know it.

I didn't see those plays, but all over Giants fandom today I'm seeing incredibly different takes on those two throws.... some are calling them drops, others are saying that Jones made terrible throws.... its like come the fuck on guys, was the ball in the receivers hands or not?

Just as an aside, it was not a good day for the elite QBs yesterday, I saw a few terrible misses to wide open receivers by both Mahomes and Rodgers. Really bad misses, not within four steps of the receiver. So I'm not wringing my hands about a couple bad throws or bad drops or whatever happened there for our rookie QB.

Well by that logic, Our O should have had at least 14 more points since DJ missed a wide open WR twice.. once in the end zone no less. I just don't think the sky is falling.. our team is rebuilding and we know it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I thought the game was much closer than the score indicated and the Giants are getting a lot of hate from fans for no reason. If Shepard doesnt drop two TDs and Dimes doesnt miss him in the back of the end zone, its an entirely different game. Who knows how the passed up field goals would have factored in if we had even two of the three missed opportunities.

Still, the Vikings made the plays; the Giants didnt. But it was less of a blow out and more a lack of seizing opportunities.

I didn't see those plays, but all over Giants fandom today I'm seeing incredibly different takes on those two throws.... some are calling them drops, others are saying that Jones made terrible throws.... its like come the fuck on guys, was the ball in the receivers hands or not?

Just as an aside, it was not a good day for the elite QBs yesterday, I saw a few terrible misses to wide open receivers by both Mahomes and Rodgers. Really bad misses, not within four steps of the receiver. So I'm not wringing my hands about a couple bad throws or bad drops or whatever happened there for our rookie QB.

Shepard should have had two of them. Dimes missed Shepard in the back of the end zone, throwing high.

The two throws I'm talking about both went to Sheppard.. one was on overthrow and would have been a TD and the other was in the end zone which Shep caught but it was too high and too strong that it made Shep land out of bounds. I'm sure DJ would want those back...

The two throws I'm talking about both went to Sheppard.. one was on overthrow and would have been a TD and the other was in the end zone which Shep caught but it was too high and too strong that it made Shep land out of bounds. I'm sure DJ would want those back...

He should have caught the overthrow, too. That wasnt on Dimes.

He should have caught the overthrow, too. That wasnt on Dimes.

I think DJ's throw was altered because of the pass rush barreling on him... nonetheless.. the throw was off and maybe Shep didn't adjust soon enough...

I think DJ's throw was altered because of the pass rush barreling on him... nonetheless.. the throw was off and maybe Shep didn't adjust soon enough...

I would agree there. I think as the #1 WR he has to make those plays.

There are few guys in the nfl stronger than Barkley.

This is true but I wouldn't call him a "power back." He'll run around you before he'll run over you... it's just that he's ABLE to run over you.

What I really want is a battering ram in the Jacobs mold... yeah, he can run around you... but he'd RATHER run over you. There were times when the other team would flat-out give up on tackling that guy.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I thought the game was much closer than the score indicated and the Giants are getting a lot of hate from fans for no reason. If Shepard doesnt drop two TDs and Dimes doesnt miss him in the back of the end zone, its an entirely different game. Who knows how the passed up field goals would have factored in if we had even two of the three missed opportunities.

Still, the Vikings made the plays; the Giants didnt. But it was less of a blow out and more a lack of seizing opportunities.

Actually the Vikings missed two easy TDs to Thielen as well.

I mean that's all it is there are a number of plays that define a game.

The Giants have usually been on the good side of them when things matter though.