SportsWrath

NY GIANTS VS philadelphia eagles Game Thread

fringe

If you're referring to the two missed PI's I'm gonna say it's an excuse Nas. Every team in the league has missed PI calls in every game. The thing that really stuck out to me was the abandonment of your run game which was churning out points for the Giants and had the Eagles on their heels throughout the entire first half.

I disagree... yesterday's game was quite different... I'm not talking about missed call here and there... obvious ones were "missed" time and again... We didn't abandon the run game, the Eagles adjusted their defense to shadow Barkley... the same way the Giants would game plan McNabb under John Fox... the problem is the Giants didn't counter that adjustment and if they did, they failed... well the refs helped the Eagles really... because every time a pass was throw our receivers were getting abused before the ball gets there..

The loss is entirely on Shurmur and the abandonment of the run game. The lack of attacking the corners thought is ridiculous because the times they tried, they forced the ball, they threw a pick and missed Beckham in the end zone.

That was a gameplan that put up over 300 yards in the first half.

He didn't abandon shit and he didn't stop attacking... like I said: The Eagles adjusted their D to after Barkley even before Eli would throw him the ball... and the Giants did throw the ball... I can recall at least 2 PI non-calls where Sheppard was getting mauled and later OBJ...

Shurmur fucked the pooch with the game plan in the second half.

He should of kept on the gas with Barkley but he didn't, maybe something to do with his mysterious absence maybe he was hurt I dunno.

but you can't put this team to win on Eli or the defense.

Eli no longer has the arm and the defense is bottom of the NFL, no bottom feeder defense can stop a team when it matters most, especally when your best secondary player is Webb and your best safety is a LB.

Shurmur fucked the pooch with the game plan in the second half.

He should of kept on the gas with Barkley but he didn't, maybe something to do with his mysterious absence maybe he was hurt I dunno.

but you can't put this team to win on Eli or the defense.

Eli no longer has the arm and the defense is bottom of the NFL, no bottom feeder defense can stop a team when it matters most, especally when your best secondary player is Webb and your best safety is a LB.

Again... the Eagles made the adjustment to shadow Barkley... as a result, Barkley didn't have much success catching or running the ball because the defenders were in his face even before Eli throws him the ball... Some of the blame goes to our defense... Shurmer can't rush the passer... some guy with a huge contract can... but can't.

Again... the Eagles made the adjustment to shadow Barkley... as a result, Barkley didn't have much success catching or running the ball because the defenders were in his face even before Eli throws him the ball... Some of the blame goes to our defense... Shurmer can't rush the passer... some guy with a huge contract can... but can't.

lol no they didnt.

He was practically out the entire third quarter.

They could do NOTHING to stop Barkley and Gallman, absolutely nothing, Barkley had 140+ yards and two TDs IN THE FIRST HALF.

Barkley only touched the ball FIVE TIMES, I repeat FIVE TIMES in the second half.

They had the lead 19-7 and you only let the MVP of the NFL touch the ball five times?

The defence stunk up the joint but what's new? They have been bottom 10 of the NFL the entire season you cant count on them, to think they would magically turn it around this game is asinine.

However when you're RB puts up the numbers he did in the first half and he's no existent in the second? That's not adjustment by the defensive, that's Shurmur play calling away from Barkley.

And didnt the defence have the most sacks it's ever had in the last 16 games vs the Eagles?

lol

Shurmur fucked up with the play calling and Eli with the shitty decisions.

The defence held out as long as it could despite the offence doing everything it could to give the game away.

Barkley had 5 touches in the second half.

Beckham had 1 catch in the second half?

Are you serious? Did you even watch the game?

Oh yes. Barkley is part of the defensive game plan every team we face. So yeah eagles shadowed him but they did that the first half also.

Youre not making sense nas. When a coach had a 19 -3 lead he has all the cards. Shurmur called a good game early and we looked good. But that second half wad terrible and he calls the plays and he did what a lot of coaches these days do and tbat is get cute instead of keeping it simple with possibly the best rb and best backup running back in the league.

Barkley had 5 touches in the second half.

Beckham had 1 catch in the second half?

Are you serious? Did you even watch the game?

Yes I watched the game... the reason Barkley had only 5 touches was because he was being shadowed... the reason Beckam had 1 catch is because there were non-catches.. with at least one obvious one being pass interference that the fuckheads didn't call.... you guys make it seem like Shurmer just decided these guys have had enough touches and decided to stop....

Oh yes. Barkley is part of the defensive game plan every team we face. So yeah eagles shadowed him but they did that the first half also.

Youre not making sense nas. When a coach had a 19 -3 lead he has all the cards. Shurmur called a good game early and we looked good. But that second half wad terrible and he calls the plays and he did what a lot of coaches these days do and tbat is get cute instead of keeping it simple with possibly the best rb and best backup running back in the league.

No they didn't... there was a total change from the way the defended him in the 1st vs the 2nd half... you know when he runs out to the flat... in the 2nd half the defender would get to him before Eli even releases the ball.... which means Eli couldn't even throw him the ball... The Eagles adjusted and we didn't... or even when we did, it didn't work.

Yes I watched the game... the reason Barkley had only 5 touches was because he was being shadowed... the reason Beckam had 1 catch is because there were non-catches.. with at least one obvious one being pass interference that the fuckheads didn't call.... you guys make it seem like Shurmer just decided these guys have had enough touches and decided to stop....

Are you serious?

Saquon Barkley had 13 carries for the game? What in the world are you talking about? Shadowing? What the fuck?

What does that even mean? You mean that the Eagles keyed in on Barkley? Thats not a surprise, hes the Giants best player.

He didnt have 5 touches because the Eagles shadowed him. He had 5 touches because the coaching staff failed the second half miserably. Thats the stupidest thing Ive read about this loss.

Are you serious?

Saquon Barkley had 13 carries for the game? What in the world are you talking about? Shadowing? What the fuck?

What does that even mean? You mean that the Eagles keyed in on Barkley? Thats not a surprise, hes the Giants best player.

He didnt have 5 touches because the Eagles shadowed him. He had 5 touches because the coaching staff failed the second half miserably. Thats the stupidest thing Ive read about this loss.

A. Yes they shadowed him... in the same way we used to shadow Donavan McNabb. They did that in the 2nd half and no other team had done it this year. When the defender is within inches from him, naturally Eli would look elsewhere to throw the ball. I don't understand why everyone is blaming the coaching staff... The ball was being thrown and not caught for various reasons... or run and not getting many yards for various reasons... Coaches don't play offensive line.. The plays where there and were missed and the refs didn't help. Defensively we shit the bed in the 2nd half... how's that on the coaches again? It's not Shurmer's fault that our prized highly paid DE goes unnoticed most of the time... This team isn't ready and this is Shurmer's 1st year.

It's easy to point fingers at one thing... when in fact, we were 1-7 for a very good reason.... Don't let a 2 game win streak cloud your judgement.

Barkley was barely in the game in the second half when future hall of famer, Rhett Ellison became the Giants target.

Rhett made some great plays... and odds on he wasn't the first read... even Sheppard made some great plays and he wasn't the 1st read either. If you're the defense, you take out Barkley and Odell... which the Eagles did... I don't get the complaint that Rhett was targeted... last I checked he made some very good catches. If I recall correctly the time of possession was hugely lobsided in the 3rd quarter... so unless Barkely can play LB, I don't know what to tell you.

Im not reading any of that because youre completely incorrect.

How can you conclude Im incorrect if you dont read? :faceplam:

Btw this is not about facts but opinions... I dont like Monday morning quarterbacking....

Its a fact The offense mustered over 300 yards in the first half utilizing Barkley. Its a fact Barkley wasnt in most of the third quarter series. And its a fact that he only touched the ball 5 times in the second half. One of those was during the garbage time final drive. Had he touched the ball and had the giants pounded the run game like they did in the first half, they would have won. Its simple. And its not an opinion; its standard operating procedure for a team with a 19-3 lead and the offensive rookie of the year at running back.