SportsWrath

New Manningham Comments

Mr. P

The Warren Harding High graduate said Friday that he’s “75 percent” sure he’ll sign with another NFL team when free agency begins on March 15

The former University of Michigan receiver suggested leaving a champion might not be that hard.

“How many times have you seen a repeat?” he said.

When the Patriots were mentioned as the last NFL team to repeat (in 2004-05), Manningham said that franchise “is a different type of breed right there, different type of coaching staff then what we [have].”

Manningham agreed that Giants quarterback Eli Manning’s skills are among the best and it’s good to have an elite quarterback behind center.

“He is, but there are a lot of good quarterbacks in this league,” Manningham said. “I just want the ball more, that’s all.”

http://www.vindy.com...city/?newswatch

He sounds to me like he's made his decision.

Ayup...that is the modern athlete for you...loyalty is a one way street...they get all pissed when management state its a business...but then they go right ahead and prove that is all that it is. He has had some good plays for the Giants...but all too often his route running is piss poor. But hey let him walk...and go to a shit hole that will pay him what he wants. Watch when said shit hole team cannot afford to surround themselves with quality players...and lo and behold when he leaves the game he will cry the blues that he had only one championship. Just now I was thinking about Tony Gonzalez...boy would I have loved for the Giants to get him and boy was he wistful after the Giants stomped the Falcs...here he is one of the greatest TE's still around and no RINGS. Bet he would love to take the vet minimum to get one. Whatever we moved on from Plax we will move on from Manningham.

That "other breed" of coaching staff down in New England would have about zero tolerance for his poor route running and awareness.

Ask Chad Ochocinco how many times he was thrown to this year.

And any chance he would work harder at his game and improve would go out the window once we'd show him the money.

Mario Manningham, valuable as he was, is a prime candidate to start dogging it once he gets paid. I'm perfectly content with letting him do that somewhere else.

Mario, thank you, and thank you especially for 38 yards down the left sideline, but good bye and have a nice career.

-Z

Guest StrahansGap

Not jumping on the guy, but has anyone ever listened to an interview with Manningham? Hysterical!!! Every other word is "man" or "oh man" or "yeah man". I've heard him a few times. Last time was on Boomer and Carton and Carton started saying "yeah man" back to Manningham. Boomer was laughing and Manningham knew they were laughing at him. I remember saying to myself "man, this kid is retarted". Jrainelli is right. 10 cent brain. But I actually liked the guy. Going to be sad to see him go.

Not jumping on the guy, but has anyone ever listened to an interview with Manningham? Hysterical!!! Every other word is "man" or "oh man" or "yeah man". I've heard him a few times. Last time was on Boomer and Carton and Carton started saying "yeah man" back to Manningham. Boomer was laughing and Manningham knew they were laughing at him. I remember saying to myself "man, this kid is retarted". Jrainelli is right. 10 cent brain. But I actually liked the guy. Going to be sad to see him go.

I wouldnt be surprised if NFL players were giving an mandatory IQ test or a basic literacy test how many of them would score incredibly low.

It's not hard to fail when your leading your college to whatever of the many stupid fucking college championships out there.

he paid off the 2nd round price during the playoff run but he was frustrating as hell during his time here. during both the nfccg and the superbowl i was ready to kill him before he made some big catches and there are plenty of wr's who can play that role as far as im concerned.

I wouldnt be surprised if NFL players were giving an mandatory IQ test or a basic literacy test how many of them would score incredibly low.

It's not hard to fail when your leading your college to whatever of the many stupid fucking college championships out there.

They do. Sort of. It's called the Wonderlic Test. ( Sample Questions ) Like the IQ test, it is meant to measure Cognitive Aptitude.

While there are a whole host of reasons why the score on this type of test is essentially meaningless for anyone much over 10, it is some what stunning that Mario only got a 6. ( Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Manningham scored a 6 out of 50 on the Wonderlic exam. --- wikipedia MM page )

That "other breed" of coaching staff down in New England would have about zero tolerance for his poor route running and awareness.

Ask Chad Ochocinco how many times he was thrown to this year.

And any chance he would work harder at his game and improve would go out the window once we'd show him the money.

Mario Manningham, valuable as he was, is a prime candidate to start dogging it once he gets paid. I'm perfectly content with letting him do that somewhere else.

Mario, thank you, and thank you especially for 38 yards down the left sideline, but good bye and have a nice career.

-Z

Winning hides a lot of faults... Manningham is our 3rd WR for a reason.. It is a business afterall... great catch in the SB but at the end of the day it comes down to our cap and other teams who throw tons of money at player who isn't worth it... Oakland comes to mind... He's made up his mind... and he's right we may not repeat but it's about being in the thick of it year after year.

My buddy who is friends with Bob Papa, said when he went to the parade earlier this month, Papa told him Mario is the dumbest Giant we've ever had. Quite possibly the most unintelligent NFL player to ever have suited up.

Dont know how that figures into this, but thought Id let you know. :)

he paid off the 2nd round price during the playoff run but he was frustrating as hell during his time here. during both the nfccg and the superbowl i was ready to kill him before he made some big catches and there are plenty of wr's who can play that role as far as im concerned.

We drafted him in the 3rd round.

Yep...thanks Manny...if you stay great...if you walk good luck...

They do. Sort of. It's called the Wonderlic Test. ( Sample Questions ) Like the IQ test, it is meant to measure Cognitive Aptitude.

While there are a whole host of reasons why the score on this type of test is essentially meaningless for anyone much over 10, it is some what stunning that Mario only got a 6. ( Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Manningham scored a 6 out of 50 on the Wonderlic exam. --- wikipedia MM page )

I remember seeing that when it first came out...and I went DAMN. As someone who has applied testing (I have an M.S. Ed in counseling psychology in addition to my MSW) in my work environment when dealing with clients I was floored to see how low he scored. Now granted many of these tests are culturally biased and many do not test well...but Jesus he is a dud spud to say the least.