SportsWrath

Help.

shooboxx

Using ps 7.0 - what is the trick to getting transparent gifs to not looking like crap? I always end up with these ragged edges.

I always start off with a huge canvas, 800x600 at least, then when you're cutting out your renders, use a sharp edge brush first then a soft edge to smooth out the edges. Also, add a stroke to your render layer to see how smooth or rough the edges are, then when you're finished remove the stroke layer. After all that, then select the render layer with ctrl-click, it should outline the render. Add a layer beneath the render layer. Expand the selected area by 3-5 pixels, and use a gradient to paint into the layer beneath the render layer. You'd want to use colors (in the gradient) that closely match the background of the forum where it will be used. That way it will appear smoother than it actually is. When you're finish with the whole thing, shrink it down to the appropriate size.

I always start off with a huge canvas, 800x600 at least, then when you're cutting out your renders, use a sharp edge brush first then a soft edge to smooth out the edges. Also, add a stroke to your render layer to see how smooth or rough the edges are, then when you're finished remove the stroke layer. After all that, then select the render layer with ctrl-click, it should outline the render. Add a layer beneath the render layer. Expand the selected area by 3-5 pixels, and use a gradient to paint into the layer beneath the render layer. You'd want to use colors (in the gradient) that closely match the background of the forum where it will be used. That way it will appear smoother than it actually is. When you're finish with the whole thing, shrink it down to the appropriate size.

Thank you :) Ill try that out :TU: