Dunno what's been wrong with me the past few years... oh, that's right, the NFL has been putting out a shittier product every year and I care about football a lot less... but I've decided to start another bold predictions thread this year. I'm on a lunch break so fuck it.
Those of you who have been here for a while remember this used to be an annual thing. As always, I've predicted everything 100% correctly all the time with 100% accuracy, so you can all take these bold predictions to the bank.
Anyways, my bold predictions:
1. Daniel Jones doesn't take a meaningful rep all year. Eli has historically been at his best with a good offensive line and everyone saying how he needs to be replaced. This year, he has a terrific O-line and everyone is saying how we need to start Daniel Jones. Expect Eli to put up career numbers and the Giants will have a QB controversy headed into the offseason.
2. C.J. Conrad is the starting TE by week ten. I like Evan Engram but he does one thing. Conrad does three things, and does them really well. He's also lighting it up in camp and has been compared favorably to Jason Witten. When Engram starts his "nagging injuries are keeping me off the field' schtick, expect Conrad to slide into that position and not let it go.
3. Saquon Barkley leads the league in yards from scrimmage... again. He'll be in the running for MVP, but the league will give it to Pat Mahomes and his six zillion passing yards or Tom Baby when he cries that he didn't get it. Saquon really deserves it however, as there is no #1 receiver to take the heat off of him.
4. Lorenzo Carter makes everyone forget about whoever that guy we traded to Cleveland was. He's going to finish with double-digit sacks this seasons and will take a gigantic leap forward into being a near household-name. Dude looks like a monster so far.
5. The Giants will have a top-5 secondary during the second half of the season. Jenkins continues to play pretty well, Baker takes the 2nd CB job and doesn't let it go, Love and Haley make great slot corners, and even Ballentine and Sam Beal prove to be great players when they see the field. I wouldn't even be surprised if Jenkins is traded by midseason.
Bonus - Giants just miss the playoffs at 9-7, but the arrow is pointing up with great play from a lot of youngsters and 100 million in cap room next season.