SportsWrath

Hats off to Mo - a legend in my time

BleedinBlue

I distinctly remember the days of Wetteland closing out Yankee games and thought he was really good and that the kid setting him up was also really good, but not closing material. I remember being angry that the Yanks let Wetteland go while he was still in his prime to hand the closing duties over to Rivera who was the classic setup guy, but not a real closer. Boy was I wrong, wrong, wrong!

Mo is setting a record that will be as untouchable in the future of baseball as DiMaggio's hit streak, Rose's number of hits, or Ripkin's number of consecutive games. It has been a pleasure of mine to watch Mo all these years. The only times I ever got angry with him was when he lost the World Series to the Diamond Backs and also when he let Boston knock him around and end up stopping the Yanks from going to another series. Other than that......he's the Sandman supreme.

Hat's off to a great pitcher and a great all around guy!

I distinctly remember the days of Wetteland closing out Yankee games and thought he was really good and that the kid setting him up was also really good, but not closing material. I remember being angry that the Yanks let Wetteland go while he was still in his prime to hand the closing duties over to Rivera who was the classic setup guy, but not a real closer. Boy was I wrong, wrong, wrong!

Mo is setting a record that will be as untouchable in the future of baseball as DiMaggio's hit streak, Rose's number of hits, or Ripkin's number of consecutive games. It has been a pleasure of mine to watch Mo all these years. The only times I ever got angry with him was when he lost the World Series to the Diamond Backs and also when he let Boston knock him around and end up stopping the Yanks from going to another series. Other than that......he's the Sandman supreme.

Hat's off to a great pitcher and a great all around guy!

I second. The OP of course.

he's finally as good as hoffman!

Nope.....now he's better. If he plays another 2 or 3 years, he could have 100 more saves than Hoffman. Not taking anything away from Hoffman (he was good, that's for sure), but he now must step aside for the reigning King of Closers. Mo is now the man to beat and he deserves all the acolades being poured on him.

hoffman was extremely over rated...same goes for the beard.

Eck, Goose and Mo are the only relief pitchers that should be in the HOF. all others are a dime a dozen.

Ya gotta include Fingers in that group. Rollie set the stage for all relief pitchers and defined the position for everything that it is today.

Goose? Did he say goose? I don't know who that Todd guy is but Goose? Lemme guess a Yankees fan.

Goose had nothing most of the time. Shit, Shooter (RIP) was better than Goose.

But Hoffman Mo Eck That's the Mt. Rushmore.

you probably think Sutter deserves to be in the HOF. Goose >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sutter

Rod Beck better than Goose? hahahahaha Must be a Giants fan