SportsWrath

Ummm?

Lughead

I feel bad for McAdoo. I don't think he is nearly as good of a coach as Coughlin was, but he didn't have much of a chance to win with a pathetic offensive line and collection of overpriced, feckless mercenaries on defense.

Even a veteran coach would struggle with this team (see: Coughlin). But you put that amount of suck on a young coach, who hasn't done anything in the league to earn respect in the locker room? Forget it, man.

I know I'm a broken record, but Reese has got to be the most overrated GM in Giants history.

He walked into the job with:

A) A franchise QB (best QB in Giants history, no offense to Phil Simms).

B) The best coach since Bill Parcells

C) A very solid offensive line

D) A sound defense

The Giants were a playoff-ready team when he took over. They are a fucking joke now, and during their slow descent from champs to chumps, some very good coaches saw their professional careers get derailed while Reese passed the buck. That's the mark of a bad executive.

I feel bad for McAdoo. I don't think he is nearly as good of a coach as Coughlin was, but he didn't have much of a chance to win with a pathetic offensive line and collection of overpriced, feckless mercenaries on defense.

Even a veteran coach would struggle with this team (see: Coughlin). But you put that amount of suck on a young coach, who hasn't done anything in the league to earn respect in the locker room? Forget it, man.

I know I'm a broken record, but Reese has got to be the most overrated GM in Giants history.

D) A sound defense

The Giants were a playoff-ready team when he took over. They are a fucking joke now, and during their slow descent from champs to chumps, some very good coaches saw their professional careers get derailed while Reese passed the buck. That's the mark of a bad executive.

Here's the thing though and why I say McAdoo was never going to be a HC.

He's been in the NFL for something like 13 years, of those most of them spent in medial position roles or "quality control" coach whatever that means.

His first coordinator experience was with the Giants and prior to it has never once in his entire career had to coordinate or coach an entire team, outside of Highschool kids.

Instead of giving him a chance to learn the ropes ala Jason Garrett in Dallas, the Giants figure "Hey this guy spent a single season under McCarthy, obviously he's ready" instead of going out there and looking for someone with some more hair on their chest and who can teach him how to be a HC in the NFL.

He was given the keys to a sports car with a bum transmission and told "Go win one more race", now a veteran HC probably could of squeezed something out of this team, or atleast not had them give up mid fucking season.

Instead we see what happens when you give a rookie HC a team who has zero fucking experience trying to guide a NFL team to the big game, they crash like a fucking plane going full speed into the ground.

Disaster.

JR/Mara/Tisch whoever the fuck is the person responsible for giving the go ahead to this disgrace of a HC of the Giants should honestly be slapped with a fucking bat a few times to knock some sense into them.

Holy tap dancing christ I'm still pissed over this season.

Here's the thing though and why I say McAdoo was never going to be a HC.

He's been in the NFL for something like 13 years, of those most of them spent in medial position roles or "quality control" coach whatever that means.

His first coordinator experience was with the Giants and prior to it has never once in his entire career had to coordinate or coach an entire team, outside of Highschool kids.

Instead of giving him a chance to learn the ropes ala Jason Garrett in Dallas, the Giants figure "Hey this guy spent a single season under McCarthy, obviously he's ready" instead of going out there and looking for someone with some more hair on their chest and who can teach him how to be a HC in the NFL.

He was given the keys to a sports car with a bum transmission and told "Go win one more race", now a veteran HC probably could of squeezed something out of this team, or atleast not had them give up mid fucking season.

Instead we see what happens when you give a rookie HC a team who has zero fucking experience trying to guide a NFL team to the big game, they crash like a fucking plane going full speed into the ground.

Disaster.

JR/Mara/Tisch whoever the fuck is the person responsible for giving the go ahead to this disgrace of a HC of the Giants should honestly be slapped with a fucking bat a few times to knock some sense into them.

Holy tap dancing christ I'm still pissed over this season.

Spot on. I've pointed to the vetting process which brought McAdoo here... Someone in the FO seems to think somehow they're going to the lottery.... great thinking in theory but don't be the farm on it.

D) A sound defense

This is all true, but I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

Reese can suck and McAdoo can too. From the backups outplaying the starters to the pathetic offense to the fueds with players to "Ummm...." when asked a simple, cardboard-cutout question, I think McAdoo is one of those guys that might be a decent assistant but isn't really head coach material. Most of us didn't want him and honestly, he wasn't that great of a coordinator to begin with IMHO.

As Herc says too, it's amazing that we didn't want to let McAdoo get away to the Eagles, which may have played into the decision to hire him in the first place. I sure wish the Eagles were scoring 14 points per game.

The bigger problem is that there isn't a whole lot of guys I'm excited about that are out there. Cowher is my dream pick, but I think it's pretty much just that. Sean Payton or maybe Josh McDaniels might do it for me, and Nick Saban is interesting but ultimately turned down the interview two years ago because his wife told him to.

There's a strong possibility that we're going to suck for a long time, like the span between Parcells and Coughlin.

I think Reese and McAdoo both do suck. Reese did come into a great situation and has failed to replace EA guys on the Oline specifically.

Might be good they suck because theyve kinda been stuck in mud since 2012, they were either just bad enough or just good enough to make the playoffs like last year after spending in free agency. That spending spree has also left them stuck with guys at least through next year.

That spending spree also said we need changes, but we are not going to change anything coaching wise and made a very ho- hum hire after an extensive coaching search.

Not sure if Eagles really wanted McAdoo or if it was a coo to make the Giants keep him. I know one of the problems with a new coach was they wanted to keep the same coordinators and a new coach was most likely to want a total different staff.

Not sure who I want for next year, do they go the inexperienced coordinator route again or bring in say a Jim Schwartz? Schwartz would clash with this organization, I dont see someone with that strong a personality being head coach though thats probably what they need.

I think Reese and McAdoo both do suck. Reese did come into a great situation and has failed to replace EA guys on the Oline specifically.

Might be good they suck because theyve kinda been stuck in mud since 2012, they were either just bad enough or just good enough to make the playoffs like last year after spending in free agency. That spending spree has also left them stuck with guys at least through next year.

That spending spree also said we need changes, but we are not going to change anything coaching wise and made a very ho- hum hire after an extensive coaching search.

Not sure if Eagles really wanted McAdoo or if it was a coo to make the Giants keep him. I know one of the problems with a new coach was they wanted to keep the same coordinators and a new coach was most likely to want a total different staff.

Not sure who I want for next year, do they go the inexperienced coordinator route again or bring in say a Jim Schwartz? Schwartz would clash with this organization, I dont see someone with that strong a personality being head coach though thats probably what they need.

Parcells was no creampuff.

• 2 weeks later...

D) A sound defense

I only feel bad that there are people still watching this team till the season is over and it ends with the firing of Reese & McAdoo.