SportsWrath

Jonathan Stewart signing with Giants

boohyah

Can't go wrong signing a 30 year old +, one dimensional RB, who averaged 3.4 yards per carry, to play behind a group of backup capable offensive lineman that we currently have.

Meanwhile, OL Andrew Norwell signed with Jacksonville.

Gettlemen is not off to a good start.

Lmao, what a abysmal signing. Had the Giants not signed him, Stewart would not have caught on with a team. Hope he enjoys picking up the blitz and running into the back of his left tackle three yards into the backfield. Its all he will be doing.

Even Crowell is a better choice if theyre dead set on a QB at #2 and expect Barkley gone.

Im going to go on record again and just say that Gettleman, a man that no Panther actually wanted to play for, was a poor choice that I was against from the beginning.

Even Crowell is a better choice if theyre dead set on a QB at #2 and expect Barkley gone.

Im going to go on record again and just say that Gettleman, a man that no Panther actually wanted to play for, was a poor choice that I was against from the beginning.

Crowell signed with the jets for 3 years. That kid pulled yards out of his ass for the browns

Hey I just realized Brandon Marshall and his 6.1 million dollar cap hit that would free up 25% more cap space is still on the team. Are they honestly going to keep this guy?

To me, it only makes sense to keep Marshall if we're able to put together a competent, starting calibur offensive line, AND provided cap space allows it. Otherwise, without a capable OL, it doesn't matter what WR's we put out there...we'll be running two yard out routes and RB check-downs again, like our offensive repertoire last year.

Crowell signed with the jets for 3 years. That kid pulled yards out of his ass for the browns

Yeah I saw that, shit sucks! And if they dont resign Darkwa because of the Stewart signing, Id call that shortsighted...

To me, it only makes sense to keep Marshall if we're able to put together a competent, starting calibur offensive line, AND provided cap space allows it. Otherwise, without a capable OL, it doesn't matter what WR's we put out there...we'll be running two yard out routes and RB check-downs again, like our offensive repertoire last year.

I think he is washed up either way. And when you can have 25 mil in cap space instead of 20 mil with the amount of offensive line holes to fill this is a no brainer cut to me. Even if he were a league average player hed be an unnecessary luxury, but as it stands I think king would do a better job in that spot anyway

I think he is washed up either way. And when you can have 25 mil in cap space instead of 20 mil with the amount of offensive line holes to fill this is a no brainer cut to me. Even if he were a league average player hed be an unnecessary luxury, but as it stands I think king would do a better job in that spot anyway

Agree we need to prioritize an OL, and likely need his cap money to do it. I won't lose any sleep if we cut him.

I wanna know why we are keeping Marshall but drc had to go. We couldnt afford the best possible impact guy today because we dont have enough cap space. Hed better be in the middle of negotiating a monster fucking paycut

Can't go wrong signing a 30 year old +, one dimensional RB, who averaged 3.4 yards per carry, to play behind a group of backup capable offensive lineman that we currently have.

Meanwhile, OL Andrew Norwell signed with Jacksonville.

Gettlemen is not off to a good start.

To be fair the last gm left us in a shit tank an we can't afford any top tier FA OL. I mean yeah maybe we could get one but then that's all we will have for the money then we would be tapped out again. We will have to build the OL through the draft. Not nessisarily all in this draft alone. .... that being said I am not seeing the benefits in signing Stewart at all. Gettlemam must "owe" him something so this may be the pay off..... just my speculation.

To be fair the last gm left us in a shit tank an we can't afford any top tier FA OL. I mean yeah maybe we could get one but then that's all we will have for the money then we would be tapped out again. We will have to build the OL through the draft. Not nessisarily all in this draft alone. .... that being said I am not seeing the benefits in signing Stewart at all. Gettlemam must "owe" him something so this may be the pay off..... just my speculation.

True...maybe I'm a little pre-mature to judge Gettlemen. Plus, we still have ~$20mm in cap, and another $7mm if we cut Marshall and Harris, so the jury on his Free Agency period this year is still out.